Page 2 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Secretalien
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Jan 2017, 7:44 pm

nurseangela wrote:
I only read half of your reply. Your "abortion rights" are trampling over my "religious rights" You want an abortion? You pay for it.

Then I'm sure you'll be happy to know that the only way to get an abortion in the US is to pay for it. In compliance with the Hyde amendment, no federal funds go towards abortion unless the mother's life is in danger.

TuesdaysChild
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jan 2017, 11:34 pm

I'm an equal opportunity politically-annoyed person. All these lefties and righties yelling at each other and I feel like I'm in the middle screaming "It's people! Soylent Green is people!!"

Seriously, the right votes for Trump and I'm like, are you ******* kidding me???? (I don't feel further explanation is needed.)

And then the left has a "women's march" and I'm like, are you ******* kidding me???? Nobody gives me a harder time on a day-to-day basis than other women. So really?

The right side AND the left side of my head is running out of hair to pull out.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 7:10 pm

^ I couldn't agree more :-) and welcome to Wron Planet.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 7:36 pm

I think we need a good dose of Moderate Viewpoints right now.

flibbit
Raven
Raven

27 Feb 2017, 1:18 pm

I attended the Women's March in Washington with my mother. It was an inspiring and exhilarating experience. People were happy, shouting, smiling, and basically enjoying the day. And yes, there were a lot of "p*ssy" signs around, including my own. Yet the movement, for those who aren't aware, was spawned from Trump's own recorded words detailing past assault on a particular woman, "Grab her by the p*ssy." So, yeah, we weren't being crude simply to be crude. We used the word-- including wearing handmade p*ssyhats!-- as a means of commentary on Trump's own despicable behaviors.

Even though it was a "women's march" many people marched for different reasons-- and men were there as well. As for myself, I am vehemently anti-Trump. My perception of him as a human being is that he is a raging narcissist and psychopath and really doesn't care for anyone or anything in this country but himself. He uses the alt-right to further his own agenda, which is to bath in pools of perceived glory. And when he perceives a slight to his ego, even of the smallest nature, he aggressively attacks to the point of making himself look ridiculous. This is not my perception coming from indirect media sources but from Trump's many many many MAAAAAAANY Tweets and his own spoken word-- which is more akin to schizophrenic word salad than actual cogent thought. (Have you ever tried to read one of his recent transcripts????????)

I also don't believe in states rights as they're an antiquated system based on the original business-driven nature of the old American colonies, who competed for similar resources back in London and basically hated each other from the beginning. And so this age-old prejudice that is pro-states and anti-fed is just ridiculous. States have far more control over our individual freedoms than the federal government does. The only reason people cry for states rights nowadays is 1) based on that generations old paranoia-- thank you, Thomas Jefferson! and 2) because they don't like what the federal government has decreed and hope if they get it to the state level they can get it repealed.

So, no, I'm not okay with each state deciding whether it wants to allow the teaching of Evolution in science class. I'm not okay with each state deciding whether LGBT's can get married or not. And I'm not okay with each state deciding whether abortion is okay or not. (I should mention, when it comes to abortion I am more prone to fall on the side of anti-abortion; however, I do not think states should have the right determine where life begins and ends.)

I don't trust the federal government any further than I could throw them. But that doesn't mean I trust politicians at a state level either! They're all equally as bad.

Anyways, those are my reasons for marching.

"There are surely other worlds than this -- other thoughts than the thoughts of the multitude -- other speculations than the speculations of the sophist. Who then shall call thy conduct into question? who blame thee for thy visionary hours, or denounce those occupations as the wasting away of life, which were but the overflowings of thine everlasting energies?" ~The Assignation, Edgar Allan Poe.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2019, 5:47 pm

The "Women's March" has pretty much been taken over by the anti-Semitic Left.

Democrats abandon Women's March as DNC, Harris, Gillibrand plan to skip 2019 event
Women's March leaders deny allegations of anti-Semitism

The Democratic National Committee has joined the list of liberal organizations dropping their affiliations with the Women’s March, just days before the progressive group’s third annual march on Washington, D.C.

The DNC will not serve as a sponsor and no DNC leaders will speak at Saturday’s march, a Democratic source confirmed to the Washington Times, after sending two prominent officials to address the 2018 Women’s March, including DNC chair Tom Perez....

The DNC was not listed as a sponsor or partner of the 2017 and 2018 events, but Mr. Perez and Waikinya Clanton, DNC associate director of community engagement, both spoke at the 2018 Women’s March in Washington, D.C.

Dozens of top progressive groups, including the Center for American Progress, EMILY’s List, the Human Rights Campaign and the Southern Poverty Law Center, ended their partnerships prior to Saturday’s march amid allegations of anti-Semitism directed at Women’s March leaders, which they deny.

The Jewish Democratic Council of America praised the DNC and progressive groups for separating themselves from the Women’s March.

“JDCA supports the original objectives of the Women’s March and stands in solidarity with sister marches across the country this weekend,” said JDCA executive director Halie Soifer in a Tuesday statement.

“We also welcome the decision of the DNC, NARAL, NAACP, SPLC, Emily’s List, and many other organizations to not sponsor, partner with, and participate in the Women’s March because its leadership refuses to clearly denounce anti-Semitism and bigotry,” said Ms. Soifer.

Women’s March leaders Tamika D. Mallory, Carmen Perez and Linda Sarsour have been criticized for their associations with Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, identified by the Anti-Defamation League as “America’s leading anti-Semite.”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... -gillibra/

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 10:55 pm

Scenes from the March for Hate.

http://jimbovard.com/blog/2019/01/19/ra ... arch-2019/

There Are Four Lights!

ShyGirl7
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Jan 2019, 10:16 am

nurseangela wrote:
I am watching the women's protests happening right now in Washington. I also am a woman, but I voted for Trump. What is the reason for these protests? Some of the chants being said were just about fascism. AND, if it is a women's protest, what is Michael Moore doing there? Please enlighten me, as a woman, on how these protests are going to help women's right. What outcome are they looking for? I do believe in women's rights, but I am not a feminist. Thank you.

The protests are propaganda and the women marching there are being manipulated and used as pawns by the Democrats.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 10:22 am

ShyGirl7 wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
I am watching the women's protests happening right now in Washington. I also am a woman, but I voted for Trump. What is the reason for these protests? Some of the chants being said were just about fascism. AND, if it is a women's protest, what is Michael Moore doing there? Please enlighten me, as a woman, on how these protests are going to help women's right. What outcome are they looking for? I do believe in women's rights, but I am not a feminist. Thank you.
The protests are propaganda and the women marching there are being manipulated and used as pawns by the Democrats.
Another Conspiracy Theorist for Trump?

:roll: Get Real!

You don't have to be a feminist to know that Donald J. Trump is a racist, a sexist, a philanderer, a liar, a bully, and a proponent of the White Patriarchy -- the part of society that believe that only white males should have rights to property, wealth, and power.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 10:39 am

Darmok wrote:

Love it! Gives me ideas for bumper stickers.
ShyGirl7 wrote:

All protests are propaganda. The DNC sat this one out, if you didn't read the article cited above.

ShyGirl7
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Jan 2019, 4:20 am

Fnord wrote:
ShyGirl7 wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Another Conspiracy Theorist for Trump?

:roll: Get Real!

You don't have to be a feminist to know that Donald J. Trump is a racist, a sexist, a philanderer, a liar, a bully, and a proponent of the White Patriarchy -- the part of society that believe that only white males should have rights to property, wealth, and power.

Yeah, that's why Trump gave his daughter his blessing to marry a Jewish man and convert to Judaism, right? :roll: :lol:

Trump also gave his Jewish son in law, whom he loves, a position in the White House - that's sooo racist! :lol:

Give me a break.

Hey - we could have had Hillary (the same Hillary who defended a rapist and laughed at the girl who got raped) for President, right?

But since Hillary lost, Trump must be impeached!

I mean, she went through all the trouble of rigging the DNC against Bernie Sanders, and Russia funded her campaign with 400 Million Dollars, so now she owes Russia money.

But since Putin was funding Hillary, that must mean Trump is a traitor! :)

Obviously when Trump was arranging those Beauty Pageants in Russia, he was meeting with KGB Agents in bikinis.

You do know that KGB Agents typically wear bikinis, right? :wink:

Yeah, but in all seriousness, the Anti-Trump movement is a joke, and Hillary needs to go to prison for Treason.

The women at the march are only being used as pawns - the Democrats don't care about them and neither does Hillary.

It doesn't matter anyway - the Democrats don't have a serious Canidate for 2020 - so Trump will be re-elected.

That way I get to listen to some clueless idiot liberals whine some more. :lol:

ShyGirl7
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Jan 2019, 4:26 am

AspE wrote:
Darmok wrote:

Love it! Gives me ideas for bumper stickers.
ShyGirl7 wrote:

All protests are propaganda. The DNC sat this one out, if you didn't read the article cited above.

The DNC had nothing to do with the march, eh?

And who wrote the article? :wink:

Surely they have nothing to do with the DNC. :wtg:

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 10:41 am

ShyGirl7 wrote:
Yeah, that's why Trump gave his daughter his blessing to marry a Jewish man and convert to Judaism, right? :roll: :lol:

Still a racist. The Christian fundamentalists, who Trump likes to court, love them some Jews, as long as they are Zionists. Not because they love Judaism, not at all, but because all the Jews have to go back to Israel and die for the Second Coming to occur, according to their mythology.

The diversity of Democratic 2020 candidates is a blessing, not a curse. We will pick one then fall in line, because Trump must be defeated and will be.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2019, 11:15 pm

Feminists are not bad. I AM a feminist (and I'm also a guy). I think people seem to think nowadays that being a feminist means you have to hate men and be a feminazi. That is NOT what feminism used to be about!

But just like everything else that starts off with good intentions it gets corrupted and twisted into something ugly.

Frankly I'm so goddamn sick of listening to other men talk s**t about females nowadays. Always calling them "b*****s & hoes" or judging them by how sexy or ugly they are etc. I respect women more due to being raised by a strong single mother and having a father and stepfathers who did nothing but let me down as a boy. Women really DO put up with a lot of BS from society and a woman can do almost anything a man can do but we like to keep them down because men are just as*holes like that.

And I'm going to go ahead and say it. Donald Trump is a misogynistic pig! :roll:

DystopianShadows
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2019, 8:47 pm

They're not going to help women's rights, that's the thing. It's just a bunch of angry, bitter liberal women trying to shove their lifestyle down others throats.

Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?"

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2019, 8:59 pm

DystopianShadows wrote:
They're not going to help women's rights, that's the thing. It's just a bunch of angry, bitter liberal women trying to shove their lifestyle down others throats.

How dare they be angry!