Page 124 of 214 [ 3415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127 ... 214  Next

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 5:19 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
autistlivesmatter wrote:
Autistic people voting for a guy who is going to take away their food stamps, disability benefits, health care, etc. is the most absurd thing I have ever seen. 80% of autistic people are unemployed.

Just spent time on the "General Forum". Many have 150+ IQ there. Surely, that translates into job success.

At a local bank, people spoke of Asperger like Asperger=genius.

They told me of an AS surgeon who is hated by everyone, and that they had to assign special staff to, because of such poor communication skills. However, they told me he is "brilliant" and "one of the best".

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 5:41 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Just spent time on the "General Forum". Many have 150+ IQ there. Surely, that translates into job success.
It did for me. (Not that I have a 150+ IQ)
LoveNotHate wrote:
They told me of an AS surgeon who is hated by everyone, and that they had to assign special staff to, because of such poor communication skills. However, they told me he is "brilliant" and "one of the best".
Most aspies wouldn't need that at work. I just talk to my colleagues normally.
Campin_Cat wrote:
Also, who's "we"? You didn't / CAN'T even vote for Bernie!!
That's what I was wondering. How could anyone vote for Bernie when the election was between Hillary and Trump?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 6:40 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
autistlivesmatter wrote:
Autistic people voting for a guy who is going to take away their food stamps, disability benefits, health care, etc. is the most absurd thing I have ever seen. 80% of autistic people are unemployed.

No, it does not. Tell that to the large percentage of under and unemployed autistics with an over 150 IQ. IQ is a far from a perfect measure of intelligence. It can certainly help but unless that genius can be translated into marketable/in demand skills it does not mean s**t. And the skills more and more in demand require skills autistics are weak at.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 6:48 pm

autistlivesmatter wrote:

You're like 60? Typical old Republican voter. You're gonna kick the bucket in a few years. So who cares about the future right? Unlike you, I got at least 30 more years left in me (hopefully. suicide or cancer may claim me earlier). I kinda don't want to see Trump implode the planet in a world economic crash and global warming.

Typical 60 year old Republican voter?
2. Party affiliation among voters: 1992-2016
Quote:
Among Baby Boomers, the GOP holds a slight 49% to 45% edge in leaned party affiliation. Gen Xers and Baby Boomers have been relatively split in their partisan leanings for much of the past 24 years, though the Democratic Party briefly held a fairly wide advantage among both groups between 2006 and 2008.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 7:07 pm

autsticlivesmatter wrote:
[
I've studied Marxist theory and neo-liberalism in University. And I've read many books on the subject. I have seen a lot of data. There is a reason why college-educated whites voted for Bernie Sanders (we are more intelligent than our non-college educated counterparts) while the white working class listen to demagogues like Donald J Trump and Sean Hannity.

One reason conservative talk radio is influential among the working class is that if you are working full time and supporting a family you do not have time to read The New York Times never mind study Marxist Theory. Your main source of news is Sean Hannity or someone like him when you are driving home from work.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 8:10 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
autistlivesmatter wrote:

Surely, you're joking / being sarcastic / whatever?

First-of-all, I only saw 4 people who came right-out and said their IQ (over 150), and two who said they tested really high (but didn't give the exact number)----but, I didn't read each word of the posts, only scanned them really fast, looking for numbers.

Secondly, IMO, IQ means next-to-nothing----I have a Mensa-worthy IQ, myself----basically, IMO, one could argue that an IQ test is only good for measuring how well someone can take an IQ test; and, IMO, it isn't a predictor of one's job success. I've seen people, in person, that seemed lucky to find the entrance to their building, where their job was located; but, they had a BEYOND outstanding work ethic, sorta knew they weren't "all there", and REFUSED to give anything but their ALL, and got promotions / advances / more responsibility, etc., on a regular basis. Conversely, I've met people in person whom I was SURE would be the next Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Steven Hawking, or the like, but they couldn't even figure-out how to answer a multi-line phone system, so they lost their job as a receptionist.

Now, obviously, there are people who DON'T fit into either of these scenarios----but, still, it has been my experience, with some people I've met in-person, that the higher their intelligence, the more stupid they are; and I, for one, would MUCH rather be smart, than intelligent, so I'm constantly working to achieve MY standard, in that regard.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 10:08 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
autistlivesmatter wrote:

[color=#9932CC][b]Surely, you're joking / being sarcastic / whatever?

"I have a high IQ" is often claimed there.

Doing a search, there are many people in the 150s IQ just on this thread alone
viewtopic.php?t=97358

It's a way for people to feel better about themselves.

Campin_Cat wrote:
Secondly, IMO, IQ means next-to-nothing----I have a Mensa-worthy IQ, myself----basically, IMO, one could argue that an IQ test is only good for measuring how well someone can take an IQ test; and, IMO, it isn't a predictor of one's job success. I've seen people, in person, that seemed lucky to find the entrance to their building, where their job was located; but, they had a BEYOND outstanding work ethic, sorta knew they weren't "all there", and REFUSED to give anything but their ALL, and got promotions / advances / more responsibility, etc., on a regular basis. Conversely, I've met people in person whom I was SURE would be the next Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Steven Hawking, or the like, but they couldn't even figure-out how to answer a multi-line phone system, so they lost their job as a receptionist.

Now, obviously, there are people who DON'T fit into either of these scenarios----but, still, it has been my experience, with some people I've met in-person, that the higher their intelligence, the more stupid they are; and I, for one, would MUCH rather be smart, than intelligent, so I'm constantly working to achieve MY standard, in that regard.

I've seen the opposite.

-I've seen university professors say that the grad students were the "dumb ones", because they stay in school , when the intelligent undergrads go get high paying jobs.

-I've seen at work, discrimination towards PHD people. Some think they will be too slow, because their minds are filled with a lot of non-essential knowledge to ponder, rather than just doing the job. :)

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 6:36 am

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 10:34 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
autistlivesmatter wrote:

That requires high paying jobs that require intelligence.Wouldn't matter here,you don't need a high IQ to catch slabs at a saw mill for $10.00 an hour.Drive the fork lift or run the edger you get $12.00.Be careful of your fingers if you edge.
Highest paid job here is teaching at one of the schools or cutting timber.Teaching jobs rarely are available,you have to wait till someone retires.The loggers make pretty good money,but it's dangerous as hell.I personally know people that have been killed in the log woods and at saw mills.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 12:39 pm

LoveNotHate and Campin_Cat wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

Surely, you're joking / being sarcastic / whatever?

"I have a high IQ" is often claimed there.

Yes, I know----but, you specifically said "150+", and I only saw 4 who specifically said that; besides, my comment was more about your seemingly saying that high-IQ people translates into job success, and I was saying "Surely, you're joking", because, IMO, when someone receives a piece of paper telling them they have a high IQ, that is in NO WAY a guarantee that they'll be successful----in whatever endeavor.

Doing a search, there are many people in the 150s IQ just on this thread alone
viewtopic.php?t=97358

I counted 3----but, again, I only skimmed the posts, quickly, looking for numbers----and, IMO, 3 does not "many", make.

IMO, a better representative of who all, here, has a high IQ, is this thread:

http://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=115376

It contains a poll, and one can see, at-a-glance, what's what. Over 500 people took the poll; and, of those, 72 had an IQ over 150----and, most of the people who participated had an IQ between 130 and 150.

It's a way for people to feel better about themselves.

Yes, alot of people, on here, like to wear their degree(s) / IQ on their sleeve----it's a shame, really, cuz how can a piece(s) of paper / number "make" somebody; and, does that mean someone who doesn't have those things, is a lesser being (certainly NOT)! !

LoveNotHate wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:

I've seen the opposite.

-I've seen university professors say that the grad students were the "dumb ones", because they stay in school , when the intelligent undergrads go get high paying jobs.

-I've seen at work, discrimination towards PHD people. Some think they will be too slow, because their minds are filled with a lot of non-essential knowledge to ponder, rather than just doing the job. :)

I don't see how what you related was "opposite"----in-fact, it seems the SAME. You said "grad students = dumb", and "PhD people = slow", and *I* said "Neil DeGrasse Tyson / Steven Hawking-like people, often couldn't figure stuff out", and "the higher their intelligence, the more stupid"; but, anyway.....

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 12:48 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:

Thankyou, very, very much----it's especially nice coming from a non-U.S. citizen!!

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 3:17 pm

I can't remember if this has been posted, before----but, I just heard on TV that Trump Tower in NYC receives about THREE bomb threats, per week!! The Secret Service, obviously, has to sweep it, every time; I feel sorry for the people who live there.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 3:28 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
I can't remember if this has been posted, before----but, I just heard on TV that Trump Tower in NYC receives about THREE bomb threats, per week!! The Secret Service, obviously, has to sweep it, every time; I feel sorry for the people who live there.

Well the wealthy residents now have the benefit of The Secret Service watching their property at tax payer expense. So we shouldn't feel to bad for them. Secondly, Melania can just go to Washington and all the money and resources can be better allocated.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 12:44 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
If the people who live there don't like putting up with that, they'll move out and sell on masse, lowering the price per apartment and the total value of Trump Tower.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 1:04 am

Lukeda420 wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:

Well the wealthy residents now have the benefit of The Secret Service watching their property at tax payer expense. So we shouldn't feel to bad for them. Secondly, Melania can just go to Washington and all the money and resources can be better allocated.

Melania is only staying in NY so Barron can finish school. You're a Democrat, so you should be all for that. What's that saying that the Democrats throw around when it suits their cause? Oh yeah, I remember.........

What about the children??? What's in it for the children??? Well, I think Barron deserves his piece of the pie too. :mrgreen:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 6:00 am

nurseangela wrote:
Lukeda420 wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:

Melania is only staying in NY so Barron can finish school. You're a Democrat, so you should be all for that. What's that saying that the Democrats throw around when it suits their cause? Oh yeah, I remember.........

What about the children??? What's in it for the children??? Well, I think Barron deserves his piece of the pie too. :mrgreen:

First that is only because of criticism, second there are plenty of good schools in D.C. It wouldn't be the first time a child changes schools because their parents got a new job.