Page 169 of 214 [ 3415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172 ... 214  Next

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 10:10 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
What would you give Trump? A negative grade?

I was born 18 days before Kennedy became President.

It's a 0 right now, he hasn't turned in any work so there's nothing to grade. When he's able to actually get legislation signed then I'll start judging, until then he's just a delinquent skipping class.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 1:31 pm

Aristophanes wrote:
EzraS wrote:
So like I figured you were never impacted by it, thus you defend it. "It doesn't affect me and I gotta stay pro-obamacare cause Obama :heart:"

You have selective listening, as I said, I'm for it because I'm dangerously close to the threshold for a subsidy. If I have a bad year and drop below ~20k I would have to have a subsidy to afford healthcare, so while it doesn't impact me now it's a very real possibility in the future.

Actually I took that into consideration, due to Auntblabby worrying about losing his subsidy. And while I'm sympathetic to that, I don't think my aunt and millions of others should have to be stuck with something they never wanted. To me it's a far worse situation than tax payers covering ER visits by the uninsured.

Aristophanes wrote:
No where did I mention Obama, or praise him effusively like you're attempting to portray. I actually find that offensive because I give Obama a 50% grade, Bush Jr. a 30%, Clinton, Bush Sr., and Reagan a 45% grade. Those are my report cards on all presidents in my lifetime, there's plenty to criticize with each one of them, every single one of them fails my standards. Yes, I'm on the left of center, but I'm not a blind loyalist to any politician. That's also the reason I'll stick to the policies and not get involved in hero worship: I have yet to find a person worthy of hero worship, certainly not in politics.

You're right I lumped you in, soz.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2017, 10:55 am

i was in second grade when kennedy was assassinated. got sent home from school. watched the funeral on tv.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2017, 1:43 pm

VIDEO: Students love Trump's tax plan...when told it's Bernie's
http://www.campusreform.org

Students love Donald Trump's tax plan when it's packaged under Bernie Sanders' name.

President Donald Trump’s proposal for comprehensive tax reform was almost immediately dismissed as heartless and impractical by his political opponents.

But what would some of those opponents think if they were told the same plan was being proposed by someone they adore—Senator Bernie Sanders?

[RELATED: VIDEO: Students despise Obama policies...when credited to Trump]

To find out, we headed to George Washington University to ask students their opinions on Trump’s new tax plan. WIthout much explanation, the students immediately made clear their distaste for the plan.

“It’s not the most efficient, nor beneficial to the general populus,” said one student when asked her opinion of Trump’s plan.

“It’s better for the upper class than anyone else,” added another.

After watching student after student express their disapproval of the plan, we then asked those same students what they thought of Senator Bernie Sanders’ new tax plan.

Immediately, they expressed excitement and support after hearing the details of the plan.

The only problem for them? There was no tax plan for Senator Sanders. The plan they loved was actually President Trump’s.

How did they react? Watch the full video to find out!

https://youtu.be/Ctz_dHfYfb8

(listen to that last woman and how she says to go to multiple news sources) :mrgreen:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2017, 3:32 pm

nurseangela wrote:

Students love Donald Trump's tax plan when it's packaged under Bernie Sanders' name.

President Donald Trump’s proposal for comprehensive tax reform was almost immediately dismissed as heartless and impractical by his political opponents.

But what would some of those opponents think if they were told the same plan was being proposed by someone they adore—Senator Bernie Sanders?

To find out, we headed to George Washington University to ask students their opinions on Trump’s new tax plan. WIthout much explanation, the students immediately made clear their distaste for the plan.

“It’s not the most efficient, nor beneficial to the general populus,” said one student when asked her opinion of Trump’s plan.

After watching student after student express their disapproval of the plan, we then asked those same students what they thought of Senator Bernie Sanders’ new tax plan.

Immediately, they expressed excitement and support after hearing the details of the plan.

The only problem for them? There was no tax plan for Senator Sanders. The plan they loved was actually President Trump’s.

(listen to that last woman and how she says to go to multiple news sources) :mrgreen:

so the videographers found a few dummies. doesn't prove much.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2017, 7:01 pm

cathylynn wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

so the videographers found a few dummies. doesn't prove much.

Some people are completely incapable of seeing past the left vs. right paradigm.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2017, 11:24 pm

...RFK had been Joe McCarthy and Roy Cohn's favorite Democrat in the 50s and I think some of the more left-y end of the Democrats - the " Old Old Left " - never exactly forgave him for that"! He got named AG by his brother when he had just graduated from law school, IIRC....I bet Trump WISHES he could get away with that one :mrgreen:!
There's also the matter of those books " written " by JFK...cough, cough... :wink: .
Say, did you send me a link to a YouTube of a NYC subway train arriving at a subway station in Queens? A Manhattan-bound train. The clip was only 64 seconds long or so.

kraftiekortie"]Yep. 18 days before January 20, 1961, Kennedy's inauguration.

Rockefeller might have been good, actually. The Last of the Mohican Liberal Republicans, so to speak.

Ironically, a man named William Rockefeller "fell asleep at the wheel" when a Metro North train derailed in the Bronx. He was found to have narcolepsy.[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2017, 6:41 am

NRA urging people to arm themselves and be prepared to take to the street to defend the Presidency.

I get that more violence = more gun sales so it's pretty see through, but that sounds like a crazy announcement to make. It's urging tension between citizens (which urges violence between citizens), sounds very anti American to me.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2017, 7:07 am

Biscuitman wrote:
NRA urging people to arm themselves and be prepared to take to the street to defend the Presidency.

I get that more violence = more gun sales so it's pretty see through, but that sounds like a crazy announcement to make. It's urging tension between citizens (which urges violence between citizens), sounds very anti American to me.

...Where was this said?

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2017, 9:17 am

Defend the Presidency: from what?

Most people don't object to the Presidency; they object more to the present President. But only a very few--perhaps a similar amount to when previous Presidents were in power--want to overethrow our government.

The NRA is talking out of its butt in this case.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2017, 10:44 am

Biscuitman wrote:

Not something they would have said under Obama...

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2017, 3:09 pm

Trump debases everything he touches

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2017, 5:53 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Most people don't object to the Presidency; they object more to the present President. But only a very few--perhaps a similar amount to when previous Presidents were in power--want to overethrow our government.

The nra hasn’t said anything it’s far too busy fighting off inside attacks from gun owners for its yet again pushing gun control

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2017, 6:16 pm

sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

The nra hasn’t said anything it’s far too busy fighting off inside attacks from gun owners for its yet again pushing gun control

Really? Check sources before posting.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 1:30 pm

nurseangela wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
do you consider yourself a christian, angela?

Why? Are you going to attack my religious beliefs now? You already are blaming a nuclear war with NK on me and now it's my religion. Can you get any lower than that?

This is what I mean by the people on the Left make me sick. I suggest you worry about your own religious beliefs and not question mine. It's between me and my God (newsflash - that's not you).

just for the record, trump can nuke anyone anytime without congressional approval. there is a bill in committee now to limit a president's ability for a first strike nuclear attack unless congress declares war, but it's far from law.