Page 149 of 214 [ 3415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152 ... 214  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 12:27 pm

That's Trump's appeal. He operates like Joe Schmoe. People don't feel like he's some intellectual or ideologue trying to talk "over" them.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 2:02 pm

I do not have a problem with him using twitter as an important communication tool. History will look upon it as revolutionary as fireside radio chats. My problem is the way he uses and it is not like Joe and Jane Schmoe. He uses it often to try and prove to himself and everyone that the he is smarter. That it is not even worth it to try criticizing him because the critic will be utterly destroyed by his superiority which is moral because critics in his mind are conspirators out to destroy him.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 5:04 pm

Misslizard wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
I don't like Trump and I'm neither illogical or irrational.

Are you claiming his annex nazi working for the Russians and should be impeached as he's doomed the world to death by pulling out of the Paris accord ? If not then your not the issue. I've always see no you as reasonable but, confusing

Confusing?If he gets impeached it wouldn't bother me one iota.Yeah,it bothers me he pulled out of the Paris Accord.
We should be leading the world in clean energy,more jobs there than in coal.
I vote climate.

Everything I've seen shows were are doing better then most other nations. Why should we give money to china who plans to do nothing and who's economy will soon overtake us? We don't need a meaningless Paris accords that no one who signs has to do anything to be greener.

It's the same with the Un arms control treaty we didn't sign. We already met all the requirements and then some of tracking our exported arms. Meanwhile other signers like Iran, Russia , china provide untracked arms to anyone who asks. There's no point in treaties if the other major nations have no plans of complying with them.

Want to save the earth get India and China to majorly cut down on their polluting , it's only getting worse as their industry grows as they become world powers. But then you're have a hard time convincing them not to join the 1st world as their striving to.

I'm in favor of cutting all aid to any nations that aren't hit by some natural disaster. Our nation is going into the poops and we need to fix our self first. I'd rather that money go to getting every single American off the streets into housing and getting them food then given to North Korea, china and Iran

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 5:10 pm

sly279 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Are you claiming his annex nazi working for the Russians and should be impeached as he's doomed the world to death by pulling out of the Paris accord ? If not then your not the issue. I've always see no you as reasonable but, confusing

Confusing?If he gets impeached it wouldn't bother me one iota.Yeah,it bothers me he pulled out of the Paris Accord.
I vote climate.

Everything I've seen shows were are doing better then most other nations. Why should we give money to china who plans to do nothing and who's economy will soon overtake us? We don't need a meaningless Paris accords that no one who signs has to do anything to be greener.

It's the same with the Un arms control treaty we didn't sign. We already met all the requirements and then some of tracking our exported arms. Meanwhile other signers like Iran, Russia , china provide untracked arms to anyone who asks. There's no point in treaties if the other major nations have no plans of complying with them.

Want to save the earth get India and China to majorly cut down on their polluting , it's only getting worse as their industry grows as they become world powers. But then you're have a hard time convincing them not to join the 1st world as their striving to.

I'm in favor of cutting all aid to any nations that aren't hit by some natural disaster. Our nation is going into the poops and we need to fix our self first. I'd rather that money go to getting every single American off the streets into housing and getting them food then given to North Korea, china and Iran

I couldn't have said it better myself. You should run for President Sly, after Trump has his 8 years. I'd vote for you in two shakes of a lambs tail.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 5:11 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
The thing about Trump: He operates like he's a CEO.

Yet the United States is not a company. It is a sovereign nation among sovereign nations in the world.

He also uses Twitter like Joe Schmoe uses Twitter.....as a way to express the base emotions he's feeling at the moment. As a world leader, one cannot operate like that. I fear, one day, that he will say, on Twitter, that we should "nuke" this country or that country, in an idle late-night Tweeting session.

He has to think before he Tweets or says something. What he Tweets is not something that can be deleted so that it "goes away."

I don't much care for his tweeting but then I myself don't tweet or post on social media.

As for running it like a CEO, that's why most voted for him. We're a failing nation we have trillions and debt and growing and a decreasing credit ratings this can't go on forever. What happens if tomorrow the word calls in our debt? How can we pay 19 trillion dollars? We need to get our budget fixed and start paying our debt off like a adult nation or end up like Greece or other failed states.

I'd cut military funding and foreign aid over welfare though. Cuts are needed, I just hope he cuts wisely.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 5:14 pm

nurseangela wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

I vote climate.

I couldn't have said it better myself. You should run for President Sly, after Trump has his 8 years. I'd vote for you in two shakes of a lambs tail.

I dcan't not think people's elect me. 1 I'm poor and you need lots of wealth to run.
2. I'm shy I'd not give many press briefing or speeches.
3. I do lots of research into decisions and get lots of opinions before carefully making s decision. People would get impatient lol

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 5:26 pm

sly279 wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

I vote climate.

I dcan't not think people's elect me. 1 I'm poor and you need lots of wealth to run.
2. I'm shy I'd not give many press briefing or speeches.
3. I do lots of research into decisions and get lots of opinions before carefully making s decision. People would get impatient lol

That is the problem with the current system - I said from the beginning that I'd vote for Joe Blow who may be poor, but is a total believer in America first. Trump is the only one who is rich enough to do this unfortunately, but that is why I voted for him - his belief in America.
An example of this is a unemployed miner in West Virginia running for a Republican seat in the Senate. He'd be my guy. Your average Joe except his name is "Bo", Bo Copley. That could be you - and I'm sure Spicer would be happy to stay on and do your briefings. :-p

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 5:51 pm

Using Twitter, to me, is the "punk's way out." It's the same thing as somebody going on the Internet to sprout forth things they wouldn't actually say to somebody's face.

He appeals to Joe/Jane Schmoe----because he doesn't use "high-fallutin'" vocabulary and he appeals to peoples' base emotions and prejudices. People have short memories, really. Trump has said some things which nobody else could have ever gotten away with. Equating "Mexican" with "Rapist." Saying that a Prisoner of War was not a hero just because the person got caught.

I just feel people got tired of the Status-Quo---but they didn't bother thinking about who the alternative might be. They just wanted the ALTERNATIVE--pick a card, any card, even if it's a Jackoff of Clubs......

I don't think Trump is truly a traitor. I don't think he's a Nazi. I don't think he is as bad or as good as people think he is. I just wish he'd go away.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 5:53 pm

Misslizard wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Isn't more sophisticated cleaner energy and transportation likely to occur as we progress into the 21st century anyways? The stuff people are worrying about is way old fashioned and I think old fashioned is gonna get replaced, climate change crusade or not.

Wanting clean energy isn't old fashioned,if people weren't concerned we wouldn't be seeing the advances in clean energy that are happening now.New green industries will help the planet and the beings that live on it,and provide new jobs.A win win for all.
You are blessed living where you do,one of the cleaner, more progressive areas in the world.Be thankful you don't reside in a large city in China.Air so thick you can cut it with a knife.

No I meant dirty energy is old fashioned and outdated. When I see pictures of the plants and factories etc that are a problem, they look like something built a very long time ago, very primitive. I'm figuring it's all going to be replaced by what's more sophisticated and cleaner simply as a result of industrial progress. And the same with automobiles with cars like Tesla puts out becoming more of the norm rather than unique.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 6:05 pm

People frequently feel it's too expensive to make use of alternative energy sources.

We have so much wind in the US----why can't we just live on wind power?

And...obviously....solar power!

But all this would put the oil companies out of business....and upset the balance of power in the world.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 6:12 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Using Twitter, to me, is the "punk's way out." It's the same thing as somebody going on the Internet to sprout forth things they wouldn't actually say to somebody's face.

He appeals to Joe/Jane Schmoe----because he doesn't use "high-fallutin'" vocabulary and he appeals to peoples' base emotions and prejudices. People have short memories, really. Trump has said some things which nobody else could have ever gotten away with. Equating "Mexican" with "Rapist." Saying that a Prisoner of War was not a hero just because the person got caught.

I just feel people got tired of the Status-Quo---but they didn't bother thinking about who the alternative might be. They just wanted the ALTERNATIVE--pick a card, any card, even if it's a Jackoff of Clubs......

I don't think Trump is truly a traitor. I don't think he's a Nazi. I don't think he is as bad or as good as people think he is. I just wish he'd go away.

Twitter is a way to get the information straight from the horse's mouth and get around the media who are constantly editing things the way THEY want it to be told - that's why CNN just had to correct themselves and why they are known to be a fake news source. Tired of that crap. I hope Trump never stops Tweeting. I'm sure if Obama was Tweeting, then all would be right with the world. Screw that.

Darn, I flunked.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 6:25 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
People frequently feel it's too expensive to make use of alternative energy sources.

We have so much wind in the US----why can't we just live on wind power?

And...obviously....solar power!

But all this would put the oil companies out of business....and upset the balance of power in the world.

Wind turbines are big , noisy and kill tons and tons of birds. They'll also quite expensive and dangerous to work on. And they need lots of wind so they only work really well off the coast or in plains.

Solar works great in desert states, but states where it rains or snows most the time no such luck. And to power cities or states you'll need big solar plants. Which means destroying natrual habitats of animals.

Hydroelectric also harms the habitat

Every green energy source is quite harmful to animals which we and the planet need to survive.

Nuclear power is efficient and has a small foot print, just need to figure out how to use the expended rods.

Currently besides the above green energy isn't profitable even with government subsidies

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 6:38 pm

Wind power, solar power, are still in their infancy.

If people who advocate these sorts of "green" energies are allowed to pursue research which would, say, prevent wind turbines from killing birds, then we could develop a better product.

I believe solar power can be used even on cloudy/rainy/thundery days. It's not like the sun doesn't actually exist 93 million miles away on those days.

I'm not advocating we get rid of oil, gas, nuclear, etc. right away. That would be ridiculous. I use oil, gas, etc. every day. It would be a shock to my system of we, all of a sudden, just did away with them.

I'm advocating we do more research into eventually making "greener" solutions more viable. Because we have much more wind/sun (which are both renewable) than oil in the ground. Nuclear energy is just too dangerous.

We should also think about "geothermal" methods.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 8:45 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Wind power, solar power, are still in their infancy.

If people who advocate these sorts of "green" energies are allowed to pursue research which would, say, prevent wind turbines from killing birds, then we could develop a better product.

I believe solar power can be used even on cloudy/rainy/thundery days. It's not like the sun doesn't actually exist 93 million miles away on those days.

I'm not advocating we get rid of oil, gas, nuclear, etc. right away. That would be ridiculous. I use oil, gas, etc. every day. It would be a shock to my system of we, all of a sudden, just did away with them.

I'm advocating we do more research into eventually making "greener" solutions more viable. Because we have much more wind/sun (which are both renewable) than oil in the ground. Nuclear energy is just too dangerous.

We should also think about "geothermal" methods.

It's up to companies to do that research. Non fossil fuel power is the future. I bet you fossil fuel companies are already researching the replacement technology. Car companies are making and researching new and better hybrid and electric or other source powered cars. Toyota started with the horrible Prius but now have other better looking cars , suvs and even trucks.

When gas first came it was considered dangerous and wrong, people preferred their wagons and horses. It was up to the companies to research to make them more safe and adorable.

It's not like the government isn't letting it happen they just aren't going fund it anymore then they'd fun research for a new coal plant.

Look there's lots of companies doing this stuff, all the supporters can invest into those companies which will give them more money to put into research and development. My work sells tons of tiny soloar stuff that can charge phones and stuff. Those companies spent a lot of money getting solar panels tiny, compact while maintaining good power generation. They make it better every year.

Other Green power companies can do the same thing. What they can't do is stagnet. Gas tech isn't , it's constantly getting more powerful and finding new ways to be more efficient.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 8:33 am

sly279 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

I vote climate.

China and India didn't pull out of the accord,we did.So now they are doing more to combat pullution than us.China has a building that's completely solar powered,we should be leading the world in that area.When Carter put the solar panels on the whitehouse back in the day,that's when we should have started leading the world in green energy.Reagan pulled them down when he went in.Even the defense department wil agree we need to be reliant on our own energy sources than say Saudi oil.
Aid to other countries should be based on their need,like as you mentioned,natural disasters.The other wealthy countries should pull their own weight and we should not try and be the worlds police force.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 8:38 am

EzraS wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Isn't more sophisticated cleaner energy and transportation likely to occur as we progress into the 21st century anyways? The stuff people are worrying about is way old fashioned and I think old fashioned is gonna get replaced, climate change crusade or not.

Wanting clean energy isn't old fashioned,if people weren't concerned we wouldn't be seeing the advances in clean energy that are happening now.New green industries will help the planet and the beings that live on it,and provide new jobs.A win win for all.
You are blessed living where you do,one of the cleaner, more progressive areas in the world.Be thankful you don't reside in a large city in China.Air so thick you can cut it with a knife.

No I meant dirty energy is old fashioned and outdated. When I see pictures of the plants and factories etc that are a problem, they look like something built a very long time ago, very primitive. I'm figuring it's all going to be replaced by what's more sophisticated and cleaner simply as a result of industrial progress. And the same with automobiles with cars like Tesla puts out becoming more of the norm rather than unique.

Yes indeed. Some of the old coal plants are being retired,and they are really old and decrepit looking.Probably dangerous for the workers at some of those archaic structures.