Page 166 of 214 [ 3415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169 ... 214  Next

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 1:35 pm

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 1:51 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
It's the end of Obamacare.

not sure about that, but if it is, where's the replacement?

or am i wrong in expecting that amount of responsibility.

Trump, Republicans propose "block grants to the states".

So, send money to the states and let them manage their own health care.

block grants that decrease spending - so, either fewer people covered or poorer coverage.

Most likely that's their objective.

don't they care that people wil die, not to mention the bankrupties?

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 2:57 pm

cathylynn wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

block grants that decrease spending - so, either fewer people covered or poorer coverage.

The states can raise taxes/re-direct spending if they need more money.

However, the point is to lower costs through less spending.

Medical costs are rising, because of government programs like the ACA that pump billions of dollars into health care.

While that works out for the small minority of people that get the subsidies, it hurts the majority of people that don't.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 3:07 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

Medical costs are rising, because of government programs like the ACA that pump billions of dollars into health care.

While that works out for the small minority of people that get the subsidies, it hurts the majority of people that don't.

the rate of rise of medical costs has gone DOWN under obamacare. try again. also, state taxes tend to be flat or regressive, unlike the fairer progressive federal income tax. the winners are once more the rich.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 6:42 pm

cathylynn wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

the rate of rise of medical costs has gone DOWN under obamacare. try again. also, state taxes tend to be flat or regressive, unlike the fairer progressive federal income tax. the winners are once more the rich.

That's dodging the issue with statistics.

The costs have gone up, up, and up. That's what matters to people.

That's why Trump has his chance to fix it.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 8:27 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

That's dodging the issue with statistics.

The costs have gone up, up, and up. That's what matters to people.

That's why Trump has his chance to fix it.

not dodging at all. it's an improvement

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 8:31 pm

More people with manageable conditions will go to the ER rather than have regular doctor visits. How is that increase in costs a fix? How is that statistic a dodge?

Medical cost inflation, while higher than all other sectors, has decreased slightly under Obamacare. I had been noticing it under Dubya.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 9:36 pm

ACA has never been affordable for the average working class. For them it's always had heavy premiums, gargantuan deductibles and limited coverage.

It seems to be only those not in the working class healthcare bind who talk about how wonderful obamacare is.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 12:03 pm

Biscuitman wrote:
As we are only a couple of months away from his 1 year anniversary as President can someone state his achievements so far? I mean that seriously, I am not in the US so get to hear the squabbling without seeing the results. If someone could just state the achievements it would help to see it clearer.

Scalias All the Way Down

While the press goes wild over tweets, Trump is remaking the federal judiciary.

The media remains so caught up with the president’s tweets that it has missed Mr. Trump’s project to transform the rest of the federal judiciary. The president is stocking the courts with a class of brilliant young textualists bearing little relation to even their Reagan or Bush predecessors. Mr. Trump’s nastygrams to Bob Corker will be a distant memory next week. Notre Dame law professor Amy Coney Barrett’s influence on the Seventh U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals could still be going strong 40 years from now.

Mr. Trump has now nominated nearly 60 judges, filling more vacancies than Barack Obama did in his entire first year. There are another 160 court openings, allowing Mr. Trump to flip or further consolidate conservative majorities on the circuit courts that have the final say on 99% of federal legal disputes.

This project is the work of Mr. Trump, White House Counsel Don McGahn and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. Every new president cares about the judiciary, but no administration in memory has approached appointments with more purpose than this team.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/scalias-al ... ?mod=e2two

There Are Four Lights!

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 12:40 pm

Darmok wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
As we are only a couple of months away from his 1 year anniversary as President can someone state his achievements so far? I mean that seriously, I am not in the US so get to hear the squabbling without seeing the results. If someone could just state the achievements it would help to see it clearer.

Scalias All the Way Down

The media remains so caught up with the president’s tweets that it has missed Mr. Trump’s project to transform the rest of the federal judiciary. The president is stocking the courts with a class of brilliant young textualists bearing little relation to even their Reagan or Bush predecessors. Mr. Trump’s nastygrams to Bob Corker will be a distant memory next week. Notre Dame law professor Amy Coney Barrett’s influence on the Seventh U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals could still be going strong 40 years from now.

Mr. Trump has now nominated nearly 60 judges, filling more vacancies than Barack Obama did in his entire first year. There are another 160 court openings, allowing Mr. Trump to flip or further consolidate conservative majorities on the circuit courts that have the final say on 99% of federal legal disputes.

This project is the work of Mr. Trump, White House Counsel Don McGahn and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. Every new president cares about the judiciary, but no administration in memory has approached appointments with more purpose than this team.

he certainly has accomplished that. whether it is positive or not is up for debate. trump judges will have the corporations' back, not yours and mine.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 1:55 pm

Darmok wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:

Scalias All the Way Down

And that is an important reason why an impeachment and conviction by a Republican Congress is not likely to happen.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 7:33 am

Biscuitman wrote:

For many of his supporters this is see as a good thing. Humanity is hopeless. :(

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 7:43 am

Tollorin wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:

For many of his supporters this is see as a good thing. Humanity is hopeless. :(

Obama's drone bombing of innocents was a big deal to Trump voters on here, I can only imagine their outrage if this latest report on Trump's bombings is true.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 1:22 pm

All you're going to get of Trump supporters opposing him here will come from your imagination.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 1:38 pm

Shoot me! Shoot me now! I love the smell of scorched feathers and gunpowder! I'm an aspie, it's aspie season, FIRE! Put me out of my misery! WHY WON'T YOU SHOOT ME!? 8O

Never mind. I'll just go and slam my head repeatedly against the wall until severe pain and/or loss of consciousness forces me to stop.
:wall:

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 2:09 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Shoot me! Shoot me now! I love the smell of scorched feathers and gunpowder! I'm an aspie, it's aspie season, FIRE! Put me out of my misery! WHY WON'T YOU SHOOT ME!? 8O

Never mind. I'll just go and slam my head repeatedly against the wall until severe pain and/or loss of consciousness forces me to stop.
:wall:

sorry you feel bad. can we help? maybe in the haven? by the way, "aspie season" is clever. you've got cleverness going for you.