Page 76 of 214 [ 3415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 214  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2017, 5:44 am

There are pro-life people who go way overboard by equating birth control with abortion. It is no such thing. You aren't killing a life by preventing it.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2017, 5:49 am

nurseangela wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
Protection from a bad life experience. Having a life is not necessarily a good thing. This is what I mean by arrogance. Pro-lifers think that because they enjoy their lives, everyone will. It's just not the case. There are some lives that are not worth living.

In your opinion. I'll just say this, that the way you think, gives me the creeps. To me, this line of thinking is the same as how a sociopath or a psychopath would see the situation.

Thank you for sharing.
Pro-lifers assume that life is de facto good. It's not the case. Some lives are so unpleasant as to be not worth living. If a woman doesn't think her child's life is worth it, it's her call, not the state's.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2017, 6:27 am

androbot01 wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Chronos wrote:
I would believe those on the right more when they claim to be pro life, if they put an equal amount of effort into programs to assist single parents and their children, or programs to care for pregnant women who wish to put the baby up for adoption, as they do into limiting access to abortions. But more often than not they just condemn these women for getting pregnant while also limiting access to contraception.

While conservatives do believe in protecting innocent life, to include the unborn, we don't believe the government has cradle-to-grave responsibly for the individual's well-being.
Sometimes abortion is the best protection of the unborn.
I don't understand why it is assumed that life is necessarily desirable.

Abortion = protection?! Wtf. No comment.

Protection from a bad life experience. Having a life is not necessarily a good thing. This is what I mean by arrogance. Pro-lifers think that because they enjoy their lives, everyone will. It's just not the case. There are some lives that are not worth living.

I think that decision should be left up to the person to decide to live their life or not, rather than having it decided for them. Abortion exits so people can have (often promiscuous) sex without consequence. Most anything said about it being in the best interest of the unborn etc is just excuse making, justifying and rationalizing. Most unwanted pregnancy is due to disregard and carelessness. I know there's only one way I can impregnate a female and it's entirely up to me whether I do it or not. Likewise if I were a girl, it would (under most circumstances) it be up to me to let a penis go inside of my vagina until ejaculation occurs.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2017, 7:29 am

nurseangela wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
It seems arrogant to me that people would assume they can judge better than the woman if her baby should be born. And then there's the issue of the harm caused to the mother by the pregnancy and birth. She should not have to go through this if she doesn't want to. It's her body.
Aren't there enough people on this planet already for Heaven's sake?

What's arrogant is for someone to think they have the right to choose whether someone else gets to live or not.

I would like to point out that other people choosing whether or not someone else gets to live or not happens on a regular basis in multiple areas of society. My father's best friend had leukemia. Doctor's felt fairly confident that a bone marrow transplant would be successful in him, but someone at his health insurance company decided that they would deny him a bone marrow transplant on the basis that it was "experimental", and he died as a result of the leukemia.

Any time a country takes military action against another country, as ours does frequently, there is a decision made, that some people, including civilians, will die. They call this death of civilians "collateral damage" or "casualties". What's casual about an innocent person having a bomb dropped on them, I don't know, but that is exactly what happens. It's nice to think that it's not intentional when it happens, but that is not usually the case. Someone has sat there in a war room and decided that killing a few enemies is worth taking a few civilian lives.

You might argue that such things are sometimes necessary, though unfortunate, and I would agree.

What I don't agree with is the idea is that a zygote or blastocyst is a person. These are stages in human development that have the potential to become a person. When does personhood start? That's a debate without a conclusion but to start, I think the brain should be fully differentiated.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2017, 7:33 am

Pro-life except when it's Muslims fleeing from terrorists and war torn countries.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2017, 7:38 am

In the US, 38 states have "fetal homicide laws".
http://www.ncsl.org/research/health/fet ... -laws.aspx

That means if say a robber attacks a pregnant woman, and that violent act kills the fetus, then the robber can be charged with homicide.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2017, 7:44 am

EzraS wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Chronos wrote:
I would believe those on the right more when they claim to be pro life, if they put an equal amount of effort into programs to assist single parents and their children, or programs to care for pregnant women who wish to put the baby up for adoption, as they do into limiting access to abortions. But more often than not they just condemn these women for getting pregnant while also limiting access to contraception.

While conservatives do believe in protecting innocent life, to include the unborn, we don't believe the government has cradle-to-grave responsibly for the individual's well-being.
Sometimes abortion is the best protection of the unborn.
I don't understand why it is assumed that life is necessarily desirable.

Abortion = protection?! Wtf. No comment.

I think that decision should be left up to the person to decide to live their life or not, rather than having it decided for them. Abortion exits so people can have (often promiscuous) sex without consequence. Most anything said about it being in the best interest of the unborn etc is just excuse making, justifying and rationalizing. Most unwanted pregnancy is due to disregard and carelessness. I know there's only one way I can impregnate a female and it's entirely up to me whether I do it or not. Likewise if I were a girl, it would (under most circumstances) it be up to me to let a penis go inside of my vagina until ejaculation occurs.

Worldwide, very frequently, a girl does not get to decide who sticks their penis in her vagina. Whether she is flat out raped, or thinks she doesn't have the right to resist. This even happens in the west, particularly to girls of middle eastern or south Asian heritage, who's family still practices arranged marriages, and have promised her, without her knowledge, to someone in their home country that she has never met.

See these girl below? They are from Kenya, and the red beads are sometimes called "rape beads". These are beads given to them by a close male family member, which cedes to him exclusive rights to have sex with her. The parents condone this union and the mother builds a hut for the male relative to rape the girl in. If the girl becomes pregnant, she and the resulting child are banished. She does not have the right to refuse the sex.

Anyway, a woman's right to refuse sex is fairly non-existent in many African countries. Even in African cultures where sexual promiscuity of women is permitted, she is still often required to have sex with her husband on demand. Anyway that does not relate to abortions in the west, but I thought you should know, that worldwide, when a man penetrates a woman, it is almost always his decision, but when a woman is penetrated by a man, in many instances, it was not her decision.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2017, 7:46 am

Primarily in the United States, it just more excuse making, justifying and rationalizing over something usually preventable by the two usually consenting parties involved. Detract with analogies. Make up supposed benefits to the life that's ended. Lots of euphemisms etc. Pure BS for the most part in trying to make mass infanticide look like an altruistic a human rights endeavor.

Last edited by EzraS on 27 Feb 2017, 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2017, 7:52 am

The above stuff happens to be true. It really is. No BS.

There are cultures where women are oppressed, and are forced to have sex against their will.

And of course, women are forced to have sex with men here, too.

No joke.

But it is true that people, whenever consensual sex is possible, should take the necessary precautions.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2017, 8:01 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

There are cultures where women are oppressed, and are forced to have sex against their will.

No joke.

But it is true that people, whenever consensual sex is possible, should take the necessary precautions.

I'm taking about here in the United States where in most cases it's simply a result in carelessness and irresponsibility and lack of caring. Who cares, just make an appointment with Planned Parenthood the same as going to the dentist to have an abscessed tooth extracted. Then go grab a burger and catch a flick afterwards like nothing of any significance took place. Then sometime later repeat the process to "benefit humanity".

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2017, 8:30 am

There are many times when people (men and women) should take more responsibility when it comes to preventing unwanted pregnancy.

Abortion is a really, really difficult issue. There are no easy answers.

Especially since the foster care system sucks so much. If it was good, then I would say, if the baby is not wanted, that the baby should be put up for adoption.

There are many people who want to be parents, and who love kids, but who have difficulty conceiving.

And forget this garbage about one race being "incompatible" with another race. That's just total nonsense.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2017, 8:48 am

EzraS wrote:
I'm taking about here in the United States where in most cases it's simply a result in carelessness and irresponsibility and lack of caring. Who cares, just make an appointment with Planned Parenthood the same as going to the dentist to have an abscessed tooth extracted. Then go grab a burger and catch a flick afterwards like nothing of any significance took place. Then sometime later repeat the process to "benefit humanity".

I think you have a simplified view of this issue in several ways: The procedure is like any medical procedure, unpleasant and preferably avoided. Also, I'm not sure if a burger is what someone who just had a dental procedure would want. And I also disagree that people don't care. Again, I think it is sometimes the responsible thing to have an abortion.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2017, 10:18 am

nurseangela wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Pregnancy doesn't just happen. It's usually due to a premeditated consensual act. I don't think anyone should engage in sexual intercourse, unless they are willing to take full responsibility for a pregnancy that might occur. Maybe there should be heavy fines and or jail time involved for both parties.

Sterilization.

What about teenagers that engage in sex?Should they be jailed for it?Kids do stupid things,like get drunk and sex it up.Rubbers can break and even the pill isn't always effective.
Some women can't take any birth control that effects hormones,a friend that is a breast cancer survivor can't take them.She has to use other methods that are not as effective.She does not want a child becuse of the fact that cancer might come back,and if it does it will probably be fatal.
Sterilization is a great option,I think it should be free and all and to anyone that wants it.Even that isn't 100%,I beleive there is a one in thousand chance that it reverses itself.At least that's what they told me when I had my tubal.
My daughter had decided that she doesn't want kids,but becuse of her age no doctor will do the procedure.They think she might change her mind later.So that's not option for most young people,doctors are just unwilling to do it.
So you can't throw sterilization out there like its the answer.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2017, 10:21 am

EzraS wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

No joke.

Uh,nope.Before you make a statement like that you should seriously actually talk to a women that has had an abortion.That most women just brush it off like an abcesses tooth is an assumption on your part.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

27 Feb 2017, 10:54 am

It should be easy to understand why someone would get that idea about it being so flippant when pro-abortion activists refer to unborn children as 'fetuses', 'clumps of cells", or even 'parasites'. 44% of abortions are REPEAT abortions with 20% being a third or more, abortion is undoubtedly used as birth control by some in this country and it's absolutely disgusting.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2017, 10:56 am

Those people are radicals, like the people who bomb abortion clinics are radicals.