Page 166 of 214 [ 3415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169 ... 214  Next

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 2:09 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Shoot me! Shoot me now! I love the smell of scorched feathers and gunpowder! I'm an aspie, it's aspie season, FIRE! Put me out of my misery! WHY WON'T YOU SHOOT ME!? 8O

Never mind. I'll just go and slam my head repeatedly against the wall until severe pain and/or loss of consciousness forces me to stop.
:wall:

sorry you feel bad. can we help? maybe in the haven? by the way, "aspie season" is clever. you've got cleverness going for you.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 2:54 pm

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/355490 ... ps-removal

Quote:
A group of psychologists and mental health professionals on Saturday marched through New York calling for President Trump to be removed from office.

The group — which included more than 100 psychologists and mental health professionals — are pushing for Trump to be ousted from his post, according to The New York Post.

The organizers http://adutytowarn.org held events in 14 cities.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 2:02 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
It's the end of Obamacare.

not sure about that, but if it is, where's the replacement?

or am i wrong in expecting that amount of responsibility.

Trump, Republicans propose "block grants to the states".

So, send money to the states and let them manage their own health care.

block grants that decrease spending - so, either fewer people covered or poorer coverage.

Most likely that's their objective.

don't they care that people wil die, not to mention the bankrupties?

The states can raise taxes/re-direct spending if they need more money.

However, the point is to lower costs through less spending.

Medical costs are rising, because of government programs like the ACA that pump billions of dollars into health care.

While that works out for the small minority of people that get the subsidies, it hurts the majority of people that don't.

the rate of rise of medical costs has gone DOWN under obamacare. try again. also, state taxes tend to be flat or regressive, unlike the fairer progressive federal income tax. the winners are once more the rich.

That's dodging the issue with statistics.

The costs have gone up, up, and up. That's what matters to people.

That's why Trump has his chance to fix it.

When it comes to supporting ACA, statistics are always used as a smokescreen, in place of what most people are actually experiencing. And like you say, that's all that matters to the millions who are negatively impacted.

And as always it seems, the only ones I see singing the praises of ACA, are those who are not a common laborer working their ass off 40-60 hours a week to survive.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 9:36 am

EzraS wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

block grants that decrease spending - so, either fewer people covered or poorer coverage.

Medical costs are rising, because of government programs like the ACA that pump billions of dollars into health care.

While that works out for the small minority of people that get the subsidies, it hurts the majority of people that don't.

the rate of rise of medical costs has gone DOWN under obamacare. try again. also, state taxes tend to be flat or regressive, unlike the fairer progressive federal income tax. the winners are once more the rich.

When it comes to supporting ACA, statistics are always used as a smokescreen, in place of what most people are actually experiencing. And like you say, that's all that matters to the millions who are negatively impacted.

And as always it seems, the only ones I see singing the praises of ACA, are those who are not a common laborer working their ass off 40-60 hours a week to survive.

There's much more inherent bias in people's experience than there are in statistics, that's why personal experience is only used as a small piece of the puzzle when crafting legislation that affects 350 million+ people. When things aren't going well, especially with a government program, people complain, this doesn't happen with the opposite: you never hear people effusively sing the praises of government for road systems, disaster relief, and military protection. Likewise, you don't hear people the ACA has helped voice their opinion, and those numbers are actually much higher than those that haven't done well under the ACA.

There's a reason the repeal bill failed, and will fail well into the future: many more people benefit from it than those that do not and even Republican politicians realize if they eliminate the ACA they'd piss off more of their voting constituents than they'd please when the financial impact starts hitting regular families. People fail to realize Obama didn't push the ACA because it was a personal issue, he pushed it because healthcare has been off the tracks since the early 80's and Americans were demanding reform of the system in '08 when he was elected. As is repeal would take us back to '08, when premiums were higher (adjusted for inflation) and coverage was less, unless the Republicans can actually offer a better plan the ACA is not going anywhere due solely to the fact that it's better than what came before it.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 10:37 am

Aristophanes wrote:
There's a reason the repeal bill failed, and will fail well into the future: many more people benefit from it than those that do not and even Republican politicians realize if they eliminate the ACA they'd piss off more of their voting constituents than they'd please when the financial impact starts hitting regular families. People fail to realize Obama didn't push the ACA because it was a personal issue, he pushed it because healthcare has been off the tracks since the early 80's and Americans were demanding reform of the system in '08 when he was elected. As is repeal would take us back to '08when premiums were higher (adjusted for inflation) and coverage was less, unless the Republicans can actually offer , a better plan the ACA is not going anywhere due solely to the fact that it's better than what came before it.

Average insurance premiums (adjusted for inflation) are not lower now. They never go down.

"The middle class are getting squeezed," said Larry Levitt, senior vice president at the Kaiser Family Foundation. "They aren't getting subsidies and these deductibles are hard to afford."
http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/04/news/ec ... index.html

Here is the problem ....
http://www.ncsl.org/research/health/hea ... miums.aspx

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 4:41 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
There's a reason the repeal bill failed, and will fail well into the future: many more people benefit from it than those that do not and even Republican politicians realize if they eliminate the ACA they'd piss off more of their voting constituents than they'd please when the financial impact starts hitting regular families. People fail to realize Obama didn't push the ACA because it was a personal issue, he pushed it because healthcare has been off the tracks since the early 80's and Americans were demanding reform of the system in '08 when he was elected. As is repeal would take us back to '08when premiums were higher (adjusted for inflation) and coverage was less, unless the Republicans can actually offer , a better plan the ACA is not going anywhere due solely to the fact that it's better than what came before it.

Average insurance premiums (adjusted for inflation) are not lower now. They never go down.

"The middle class are getting squeezed," said Larry Levitt, senior vice president at the Kaiser Family Foundation. "They aren't getting subsidies and these deductibles are hard to afford."
http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/04/news/ec ... index.html

Here is the problem ....
http://www.ncsl.org/research/health/hea ... miums.aspx

that IS a problem, but you are unreasonably trying to deny things were going in the right direction with obamacare.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 9:54 pm

Who exactly was engaged in secret corrupt dealing with the Russians?

On Tuesday, The Hill revealed that FBI and court documents allege that the Clintons, the Clinton Foundation, and the Clinton-led State Department under Barack Obama do not have clean hands when it comes to dealings with Moscow.

The Hill reporters John Solomon and Alison Spann’s inquiry found that the FBI began investigating an effort by the Russian government to infiltrate the American nuclear materials industry as early as 2009. “Russian nuclear industry officials were engaged in bribery, kickbacks, extortion and money laundering designed to grow Vladimir Putin’s atomic energy business inside the United States,” they reported.

These reporters were privy to documents revealing the scope of the FBI’s operation, which was extensive and supported the allegation that Moscow had “compromised” a Uranium trucking firm. All of this took place before the Russian energy firm Rosatom secured its first 17 percent stake in the American nuclear materials extraction company Uranium One in 2009. A year later, Rosatom won a majority stake in that company—a deal that had to be approved at the highest levels of the American government and which alarmed observers who fretted the national security implications of that kind of concession to Moscow.

Meanwhile, between 2009 and 2013, the Clinton Foundation was the recipient of four suspicious tranches of donations totaling $2.35 million from Russian-linked sources including Uranium One’s chairman. Former President Bill Clinton personally received half a million dollars for one speech in Moscow from a Russian government-linked investment bank that was promoting Uranium One stock. While the Uranium One deal was under consideration by the Treasury Department, that bank’s analysts were talking up the value of that firm’s stock.

None of these donations were previously disclosed, despite the Clinton Foundation’s written pledge to disclose all donations it received while Hillary Clinton served as Secretary of State. If The Hill’s reporting is accurate, this is dirty money. Their report alleges that eyewitness and written accounts obtained by the FBI confirm that Russian officials were responsible for this influx of cash to the Clintons.

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/amer ... y-clinton/

There Are Four Lights!

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 11:05 pm

MERRY CHRISTMAS! GOD BLESS US EVERYONE!

Pres. Trump says nation will return to saying ‘Merry Christmas’

President Donald Trump assured a high-profile gathering of Christian conservatives on Friday that his administration will defend religious organizations. He’s promising a return to traditional American values while again subtly stoking the fire he helped ignite over NFL players kneeling during the national anthem.

Trump is the first sitting president to address the Values Voter Summit. He pledged Friday to turn back the clock in what he described as a nation that has drifted away from its religious roots.

He bemoaned the use of the phrase “Happy Holidays” as a secular seasonal greeting and vowed to return “Merry Christmas” to the national discourse.

“You know, we’re getting near that beautiful Christmas season that people don’t talk about anymore. They don’t use the word ‘Christmas’ because it’s not politically correct. You go department stores, and they’ll say, ‘Happy New Year’ or they’ll say other things, and it’ll be red, they’ll have it painted, but they don’t say. Well, guess what?  We’re saying ‘Merry Christmas’ again,” Trump said.

He noted, as Christian conservatives often do, that there are four references to the “creator” in the Declaration of Independence, saying that “religious liberty is enshrined” in the nation’s founding documents.

Trump told the annual Values Voter summit he’s followed through on promise after promise since taking office.

Trump mentioned his nomination of Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court. He says Gorsuch is in the mold of Justice Antonin Scalia, the conservative whose death in February 2016 created the vacancy on the high court that Trump was able to fill.

Trump also said he’s “stopping cold” attacks on Judeo-Christian values.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 11:26 pm

do you consider yourself a christian, angela?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 12:07 am

Aristophanes wrote:
EzraS wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

There's much more inherent bias in people's experience than there are in statistics, that's why personal experience is only used as a small piece of the puzzle when crafting legislation that affects 350 million+ people. When things aren't going well, especially with a government program, people complain, this doesn't happen with the opposite: you never hear people effusively sing the praises of government for road systems, disaster relief, and military protection. Likewise, you don't hear people the ACA has helped voice their opinion, and those numbers are actually much higher than those that haven't done well under the ACA.

There's a reason the repeal bill failed, and will fail well into the future: many more people benefit from it than those that do not and even Republican politicians realize if they eliminate the ACA they'd piss off more of their voting constituents than they'd please when the financial impact starts hitting regular families. People fail to realize Obama didn't push the ACA because it was a personal issue, he pushed it because healthcare has been off the tracks since the early 80's and Americans were demanding reform of the system in '08 when he was elected. As is repeal would take us back to '08, when premiums were higher (adjusted for inflation) and coverage was less, unless the Republicans can actually offer a better plan the ACA is not going anywhere due solely to the fact that it's better than what came before it.

What I know for sure is I've never seen the average common laborer defend obamacare. I'm guessing you're not one either and therefore aren't experiencing the negative impact.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 12:41 am

cathylynn wrote:
do you consider yourself a christian, angela?

Why? Are you going to attack my religious beliefs now? You already are blaming a nuclear war with NK on me and now it's my religion. Can you get any lower than that?

This is what I mean by the people on the Left make me sick. I suggest you worry about your own religious beliefs and not question mine. It's between me and my God (newsflash - that's not you).

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 12:55 am

EzraS wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
EzraS wrote:

What I know for sure is I've never seen the average common laborer defend obamacare. I'm guessing you're not one either and therefore aren't experiencing the negative impact.

I have a family member that makes $13/hour doing non-licensed construction work (e.g. sprinkler system installation).

His yearly premiums totaled about $7,000, so $582/month.

He was having to work 44.8 hours per month just to pay his ACA premiums.

When he heard Trump was not enforcing the mandate, he was super-happy, and cancelled it.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 4:01 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I have a family member that makes $13/hour doing non-licensed construction work (e.g. sprinkler system installation).

His yearly premiums totaled about $7,000, so $582/month.

He was having to work 44.8 hours per month just to pay his ACA premiums.

When he heard Trump was not enforcing the mandate, he was super-happy, and cancelled it.

Yes my aunt and the millions who work in the same or similar service type industry, deals with a similar situation.

I guess the only reason why those who are supposed to be the ones who stick up for the working class refuse to acknowledge this is, it would be admitting Obamacare is a failure and admitting that Trump needs to fix it.

So instead those who don't suffer the negative impact, spout selective statistics. But again, for the millions affected and those who know of their plight firsthand, those selective statistics are meaningless and just come off as a decptive smokescreen.

I believe one of the main factors that will decide the 2018 elections regarding the house, is what the majority of Americans are dealing with as far as the onging healthcare disaster (that Obama started) goes.

The company my aunt works for is about to introduce next year's healthcare plan online registration for 2018. I'll try to get her to send me a screenshot of the premium cost, the deductible amount and the percentage of coverage.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 9:06 am

Why don't people believe in national basic health insurance for catastrophic conditions other than end-state renal disease (which is covered fully)?

We have an extreme socialist-phobia which other countries have been able to resolve.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 9:48 am

nurseangela wrote:
MERRY CHRISTMAS! GOD BLESS US EVERYONE!

Pres. Trump says nation will return to saying ‘Merry Christmas’

President Donald Trump assured a high-profile gathering of Christian conservatives on Friday that his administration will defend religious organizations. He’s promising a return to traditional American values while again subtly stoking the fire he helped ignite over NFL players kneeling during the national anthem.

Trump is the first sitting president to address the Values Voter Summit. He pledged Friday to turn back the clock in what he described as a nation that has drifted away from its religious roots.

He bemoaned the use of the phrase “Happy Holidays” as a secular seasonal greeting and vowed to return “Merry Christmas” to the national discourse.

“You know, we’re getting near that beautiful Christmas season that people don’t talk about anymore. They don’t use the word ‘Christmas’ because it’s not politically correct. You go department stores, and they’ll say, ‘Happy New Year’ or they’ll say other things, and it’ll be red, they’ll have it painted, but they don’t say. Well, guess what?  We’re saying ‘Merry Christmas’ again,” Trump said.

He noted, as Christian conservatives often do, that there are four references to the “creator” in the Declaration of Independence, saying that “religious liberty is enshrined” in the nation’s founding documents.

Trump told the annual Values Voter summit he’s followed through on promise after promise since taking office.

Trump mentioned his nomination of Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court. He says Gorsuch is in the mold of Justice Antonin Scalia, the conservative whose death in February 2016 created the vacancy on the high court that Trump was able to fill.

Trump also said he’s “stopping cold” attacks on Judeo-Christian values.

...So Trjmp wants retail emplloyees to be forced to robotically spout " Merry Christmas"! Just as he wants NFL players yo be forced to stand! (To be precise- Trump, in a tweet, bemoaned the NFL saying people shouldn't be forced to stand.) Freedom at its finest! :twisted:
It seems Trumo, and many social-religious conservatives, want a " freedom from big government " of big business forcing you to do things :mrgreen: !
BTW, though you have the right to not answer, I dont think it's rude to ask about religious feelingsaffiliation when you have presented a I suppose " religious " opinion (Trump's desire to force retail employees...well, ya know! :P) in what seems to be an approving manner.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 10:26 am

We have to remember: the United States was founded on the premise of a separation between Church and State. If we blur that line, like Trump seems to be doing, dangerous things can happen. Read your history!

Trump is getting ridiculous. Many non-Christians don't celebrate Christmas. We have to acknowledge that. Our nation was founded upon multiculturalism.

I also don't see many "All-American" values in Trump himself. Trump is more a profligate, "sporty" sort......