Page 122 of 214 [ 3415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125 ... 214  Next

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 9:35 pm

autistlivesmatter wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
autistlivesmatter wrote:
Autistic people voting for a guy who is going to take away their food stamps, disability benefits, health care, etc. is the most absurd thing I have ever seen.
He can't take any of my benefits.
You're in Australia. lol.

I don't know what the political situation is like in Australia but the first world in general is moving towards a neo-liberal agenda (neo-liberal has nothing to do with what Americans think of as "liberal".) The neo-liberal global trend being the simultaneous slashing of benefits and labour rights worldwide and also slashing taxes for the rich. The rich who make their money off the backs of the people they employ. Capitalism is designed to encourage capital consolidation. The people who already have money have the ability to hire people to make them even more money. And the companies with the most capital are able to beat the companies with less capital in competition with each other and then buy them out and drive them out of business. Killing jobs in the process and reducing options for customers.

The rich who earn off the backs of their employees are even more of a parasite than the people on benefits. Yet it's immigrants and poor people who are made into scapegoats by our society. Not Wall Street. Even though Wall Street are responsible for the world economic crisis. Wall Street is the biggest parasite of them all. This is why the S&P 500 has done so well while worker wages have stagnated and benefits have been cut. If people actually bothered to turn off their Fox News fake news and listen to Bernie Sanders speak, they would learn about this. I've studied Marxist theory and neo-liberalism in University. And I've read many books on the subject. I have seen a lot of data. There is a reason why college-educated whites voted for Bernie Sanders (we are more intelligent than our non-college educated counterparts) while the white working class listen to demagogues like Donald J Trump and Sean Hannity.

I'm all in favor of mass immigration. To hell with the wall. More Latin Americans and more refugees means more Democrats and liberals. More social benefits and health care for us autists in need. Less white working class people voting against their interests and ruining things for us.
I'm sure those wealthy parasites on Wall Street had a plan to profit from Hillary's victory as well as Trump's. The Wall Street tycoons play with a stacked deck. It makes no difference if the Democrats win or if the Republicans win.

They hated Bernie Sanders but he never even ran for election. Forget Russian hackers, the real scandal of the election was that the Democrats didn't go with the candidate who best served their interests. You can't blame that on the Russians.

Anyway since Hillary and Trump both serve the same masters the election battle between them was nothing more than political theatre.

Watching Hillary debate Trump is like watching to WWE wrestlers fight. They pretend to have a feud going but in reality they both work for the same man.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 9:37 pm

autistlivesmatter wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
autistlivesmatter wrote:
Autistic people voting for a guy who is going to take away their food stamps, disability benefits, health care, etc. is the most absurd thing I have ever seen. 80% of autistic people are unemployed. More lack full-time employment and more work in poorly paid jobs. Maybe your parents support you and you don't have to worry about welfare. But what happens when your parents kick the bucket. Then what? An autistic person choosing Trump over Bernie Sanders is mind-boggling to me.

Trump is going to destroy the world economy with his policies. Serfs are being worked to the bone being paid the bare minimum to survive while the rich bourgeoisie extract more and more wealth off the backs of the proletariat. Eventually working people will be so poor that they can't afford to buy the rich man's goods and services and the wealth of the bourgeoisie will plateau and capitalism will collapse.

spoken like a true berniecrat.
At least Autistic Berniecrats vote in favor of their self-interests. I can't say the same for the alt-right.

You're like 60? Typical old Republican voter. You're gonna kick the bucket in a few years. So who cares about the future right? Unlike you, I got at least 30 more years left in me (hopefully. suicide or cancer may claim me earlier). I kinda don't want to see Trump implode the planet in a world economic crash and global warming.

judgmental, aren't you. i voted for bernie, then hillary. so did my 65 y o husband. you owe me an apology.

autistlivesmatter
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Mar 2017, 9:39 pm

cathylynn wrote:
autistlivesmatter wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
autistlivesmatter wrote:
Autistic people voting for a guy who is going to take away their food stamps, disability benefits, health care, etc. is the most absurd thing I have ever seen. 80% of autistic people are unemployed. More lack full-time employment and more work in poorly paid jobs. Maybe your parents support you and you don't have to worry about welfare. But what happens when your parents kick the bucket. Then what? An autistic person choosing Trump over Bernie Sanders is mind-boggling to me.

Trump is going to destroy the world economy with his policies. Serfs are being worked to the bone being paid the bare minimum to survive while the rich bourgeoisie extract more and more wealth off the backs of the proletariat. Eventually working people will be so poor that they can't afford to buy the rich man's goods and services and the wealth of the bourgeoisie will plateau and capitalism will collapse.

At least Autistic Berniecrats vote in favor of their self-interests. I can't say the same for the alt-right.

You're like 60? Typical old Republican voter. You're gonna kick the bucket in a few years. So who cares about the future right? Unlike you, I got at least 30 more years left in me (hopefully. suicide or cancer may claim me earlier). I kinda don't want to see Trump implode the planet in a world economic crash and global warming.

judgmental, aren't you. i voted for bernie, then hillary. so did my 65 y o husband. you owe me an apology.

Sorry, I didn't take you for a Bernie Sanders supporter. Since you called me a Berniecrat. lol.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 9:40 pm

autistlivesmatter wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
autistlivesmatter wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
autistlivesmatter wrote:

Sorry, I didn't take you for a Bernie Sanders supporter. Since you called me a Berniecrat. lol.

berniecrat is a badge of honor. i was trying to compliment you.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 9:41 pm

Yeah Berniecrat sounds like bureaucrat. That word doesn't have good connotations.

autistlivesmatter
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Mar 2017, 9:43 pm

cathylynn wrote:
autistlivesmatter wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
autistlivesmatter wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
autistlivesmatter wrote:

Thanks. Sorry about that. lol. I'm so used to Republicans using Berniecrat as a negative term. haha

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 9:44 pm

autistlivesmatter wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
autistlivesmatter wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
autistlivesmatter wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
autistlivesmatter wrote:

Thanks. Sorry about that. lol. I'm so used to Republicans using Berniecrat as a negative term. haha

miscommunication - cause of 4/5 of the world's problems - :lol:

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 9:47 pm

Any former Hillary people like me here?

autistlivesmatter
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Mar 2017, 10:03 pm

Shahunshah wrote:
I've never liked Hillary Clinton. I was one of those "Bernie or Bust" people. If I was an American citizen, I would have voted for Jill Stein in the general election. And then after Trump beat Hillary, I was like "yeah, that's what you get for rejecting Bernie!" I didn't believe in voting for the lesser of two evils. But then after awhile (somewhere between November 9th and January 20th I think) it started to sink in that we are doomed with a Trump presidency.

The problem with voting for the lesser of two evils though is that if you keep doing that. 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2020, nothing really changes. You're just preventing things from getting worse basically. Eventually the Democrat Party needs to move forward. The Democrats haven't moved forward since when? John F Kennedy? Barack Obama might have actually been the best Democrat we had since Kennedy and Obama was a disappointment. Maybe Jimmy Carter was better.

Think about it. Who did we have since Kennedy?
- Lyndon B. Johnson 1963-1969 (warmonger)
- Jimmy Carter 1977-1981 (this is when the Democrats have started to shift more to the center)
- Bill Clinton 1993-2001 (worst Democrat president ever)
- Barack Obama 2009-2017 (an improvement over Clinton but still a warmonger. Dragged his heels on Keystone XL and the Dakota Access Pipeline. Police brutality)

At least 2017-2020 is an opportunity for the Democratic Party to rebuild (but Trump is going to do so much damage just in 2017-2018 alone, if the Democrats can't at least get the Senate in 2019, it's going to be ugly). Though they didn't do themselves any favors by electing Tom Perez as the Chair of the DNC.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 10:05 pm

I'll bet Hillary would have been a warmonger too.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 10:09 pm

autistlivesmatter wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
I've never liked Hillary Clinton. I was one of those "Bernie or Bust" people. If I was an American citizen, I would have voted for Jill Stein in the general election. And then after Trump beat Hillary, I was like "yeah, that's what you get for rejecting Bernie!" I didn't believe in voting for the lesser of two evils. But then after awhile (somewhere between November 9th and January 20th I think) it started to sink in that we are doomed with a Trump presidency.

The problem with voting for the lesser of two evils though is that if you keep doing that. 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2020, nothing really changes. You're just preventing things from getting worse basically. Eventually the Democrat Party needs to move forward. The Democrats haven't moved forward since when? John F Kennedy? Barack Obama might have actually been the best Democrat we had since Kennedy and Obama was a disappointment. Maybe Jimmy Carter was better.

Think about it. Who did we have since Kennedy?
- Lyndon B. Johnson 1963-1969 (warmonger)
- Jimmy Carter 1977-1981 (this is when the Democrats have started to shift more to the center)
- Bill Clinton 1993-2001 (worst Democrat president ever)
- Barack Obama 2009-2017 (an improvement over Clinton but still a warmonger. Dragged his heels on Keystone XL and the Dakota Access Pipeline. Police brutality)

At least 2017-2020 is an opportunity for the Democratic Party to rebuild (but Trump is going to do so much damage just in 2017-2018 alone, if the Democrats can't at least get the Senate in 2019, it's going to be ugly). Though they didn't do themselves any favors by electing Tom Perez as the Chair of the DNC.

Hillary wasn't going to ban Muslims, she wasn't going to deport 11 million people,

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 10:12 pm

The Democrats are not going to win the senate in 2018, Period

Look at the map it is awful, you have allot democratic senators up for reelection in solid red states and all the Republican senators up for reelection are in solid Trump supporting states.

autistlivesmatter
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Mar 2017, 11:06 pm

Shahunshah wrote:
Hillary wasn't going to ban Muslims, she wasn't going to deport 11 million people,
She was the less bad option. My point is that Democrats have been voting for the less bad option for the past how many years now? Where has this got us? Voting for the less bad option is a defensive maneuver. Bernie Sanders should have been our nominee. He would have destroyed Trump. But now he's getting up there in years and may not run in 2020.

The Democratic Party got complacent and arrogant and it cost them the Presidency, House and Senate. Even with all the gerrymandering done with the house districts, studies show that the reason why the Democrats lost the House in 2010-2016 is because liberals tend to congregate within urban enclaves. Leaving the vast swath of rural and many suburban areas to the Republicans. We don't have enough liberals living in rural and suburban areas. This is why the liberals have the popular vote but keep losing the House (and lately the Senate and Presidency). Because the political system is based on geographic divisions. If you ever looked at a county voting map of the United States it's a sea of red with some blue urban and some suburban zones. It doesn't matter how many people vote. If the Democrats win by 30% in an urban district but the Republicans win by only 3% in a suburban district, it's still the same result. Democrats 1, Republicans 1. It's about who wins the most districts.

The bottom line is that Hillary Clinton failed to energize her side to vote. She was the worst Democrat candidate in a long time. While Trump did a very good job of riling up his side to wake up early and head to the polls first thing. All those liberals in swing states and swing districts who stayed at home could have been the difference maker. And it's Hillary's fault for not getting those voters more excited. It's not like voters owed her the vote. If politicians feel like they can always rely on our vote and take us for granted, they have no incentive to do anything. And that describes exactly the Democratic Party MO for the last 50+ years maybe. They don't feel like they have to try because they think "our base will always vote for us."

The Democratic Party needs to rebuild and get rid of the old corporate establishment guard and replace them with progressive candidates if they want to win. Voting in Tom Perez as Chair of DNC over Keith Ellison is the wrong direction. This could be a new dark age for the Democratic Party if they don't change course in 2018 and 2020.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 11:21 pm

autistlivesmatter wrote:

<<<<<<

:P

(sorry, i could not resist making the connection)

i am not so quick to think that trump has so much influence over the *whole* planet as you may imagine, but those outside the country are still justified in their worries.

autistlivesmatter wrote:

autism may have payed a very small part in in their ballot decision, or none at all. i know my own decision was not at all influenced by it.

an autistic person who has managed to secure for him/herself good income and has good support (a portion of people on here, i believe), may have other things to worry about...some of us here are in situations where trump's policies do appeal.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 1:48 pm

autistlivesmatter wrote:

But..... Why should YOU care, you're Canadian / live-in Canada?

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 1:49 pm

autistlivesmatter wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
autistlivesmatter wrote:

She was paying you, a compliment----and, I don't think she's anywhere NEAR being a Republican; and, she must not know you're a Canadian, cuz you could be a Berniecrat everyday, and twice on Sunday, and it would NOT matter.

How do you figure telling someone they're old, and are gonna kick-the-bucket, in a few years, is good manners? Here's the way I look at it.....

Coming to WP (or, any forum site, FTM), is like coming to a party, to which you've been invited, but you don't know anyone..... Would you walk into a party, in person, and walk right up to someone's face and tell them they were old, and they were gonna kick-the-bucket, in a few years? I don't think you would----so, please don't do it, here.

You've only been here a couple of months, and nearly every post you've made has been about how angry you are, how you've been mistreated because you're an Autist, and barking at someone to not discount your experiences.....

Give us a break, already!!