Page 121 of 214 [ 3415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124 ... 214  Next

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 9:15 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
WOW, now I'm super-DUPER surprised!! I would've ESPECIALLY thought she was a supporter of Hillary----I figured she would take the "We women gotta stick together", attitude.

I've always been a fan of hers, generally speaking (like, her creative mind, in general; and, specifically, that she THINKS, alot, about things)----specifically speaking, I've never liked her politics, and I didn't like what she did to her show / the characters, in later seasons; but, still, I watch her show every night, and own 7 of the 9 seasons, on DVD (plus, the Halloween episodes DVD).

I may find a whole new respect, for her, if she has this attitude, now.

Not all Hollywood celebrities are brain dead, most but not all. You got to be real brave to have any non-politically correct opinions in Hollywood as Tim Allen alluded to recently.
uhhh about that...

http://www.alternet.org/grayzone-project/roseanne-barrs-bizarre-evolution-national-comic-sensation-racist-twitter-troll
https://web.archive.org/web/20140707133124/http:/heebmagazine.com/that-oven-feelin-2/1229

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 9:24 pm

You don't know all Hollywood celebrities.

How the heck can one know if "most of them are brain-dead?"

Just because one is "liberal" doesn't mean that one is "brain-dead."

There were, and are, many "conservative" Hollywood celebrities, too.

One of them became our President.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 4:58 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Your friend must do lots of overtime, or your friend is a manager, or your friend has a side gig.

If one puts $50,000 down on a $250,000 mortgage, it yields a $200,000 loan, which, at 4% yearly interest on a 30 year mortgage, yields about a $950 a month in payments.

And don't forget the taxes! Probably a bare minimum of another $250 a month.

Then you have to pay water bill and gas bill (especially in the winter). I've seen people pay more than $200 a month in gas during the winter.

And then there's the maintenance of the house.

A person making $10 an hour working 160 hours a month makes $1,600 gross. The net would be $1,400 at the most.

I guess a really thrifty person who cuts coupons and is able to fix the electrical, plumbing, etc. of a house could get by on that amount. But that's really stretching it.

It would be VERY HARD for a person working normal hours at Walmart to be able to live in a $250,000 house. Not saying it can't be done---but one really would have difficulty saving on a Walmart income.

At this income level, you pay no state & federal tax, so the "net" would be $1600. You can adjust your W2 deductions, so no taxes are taken out.

Also, you qualify for "food stamps", and "home heating assistance".

You qualify for Earned-Income-Credit which will be a like 2-3 thousand dollars extra.

Here is a listing of average EITC per state:
https://www.eitc.irs.gov/EITC-Central/eitcstats

Plus, the avg. associate pay is $11.XX at Walmart.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

22 Mar 2017, 8:13 am

hard hitting fact based journalism from CNN :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 5:30 pm

What do you think is going to happen to "earned income credit," "food stamps," "home heating assistance," etc. under Trump?

These are "entitlements" which people like Trump seek to eliminate.

Even with EIC, food stamps, and home heating assistance, it's very difficult to live in many areas with a Walmart job. It's probably easier, in general, in the South than it is in the North.

If she has a family of three or more, she possibly is eligible for Medicaid. If she's her own sole support, or she supports one other person, she's probably not eligible for Medicaid. Some states have health plans for low income people who make more than the Medicaid maximum.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 12:28 am

Jacoby wrote:

hard hitting fact based journalism from CNN :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

no news is good news.

kraftiekortie wrote:
What do you think is going to happen to "earned income credit," "food stamps," "home heating assistance," etc. under Trump?

i don't think he's ballsy enough to take away food stamps entirely, though the party might have some, ahem, "changes" on their mind. if there's anything that'd cause an ordinarily complacent people to revolt, then... (or not :P )

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 6:39 am

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 8:44 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Your friend must do lots of overtime, or your friend is a manager, or your friend has a side gig.

If one puts $50,000 down on a $250,000 mortgage, it yields a $200,000 loan, which, at 4% yearly interest on a 30 year mortgage, yields about a $950 a month in payments.

And don't forget the taxes! Probably a bare minimum of another $250 a month.

Then you have to pay water bill and gas bill (especially in the winter). I've seen people pay more than $200 a month in gas during the winter.

And then there's the maintenance of the house.

A person making $10 an hour working 160 hours a month makes $1,600 gross. The net would be $1,400 at the most.

I guess a really thrifty person who cuts coupons and is able to fix the electrical, plumbing, etc. of a house could get by on that amount. But that's really stretching it.

It would be VERY HARD for a person working normal hours at Walmart to be able to live in a $250,000 house. Not saying it can't be done---but one really would have difficulty saving on a Walmart income.

At this income level, you pay no state & federal tax, so the "net" would be $1600. You can adjust your W2 deductions, so no taxes are taken out.

Also, you qualify for "food stamps", and "home heating assistance".

You qualify for Earned-Income-Credit which will be a like 2-3 thousand dollars extra.

Here is a listing of average EITC per state:
https://www.eitc.irs.gov/EITC-Central/eitcstats

Plus, the avg. associate pay is $11.XX at Walmart.

You can't get food stamps if you have over $3,000 in savings.you are required to give them account numbers so they can check.Also rules on how many vehicles you have.They also ask about four wheelers,boats.etc..I don't know what the laws on earned income are now,but when we got it you had to have children.
When my ex and I both worked we still were eligible for benefits becuse the jobs here don't pay that much.
You can only get energy assistance if you are on food stamps,Medicaid,SSI,or fall below a certain income.
I also get energy assistance,you get around a $150 in the winter and the same in the summer.They don't pay your electric bill year round.Only when heating or cooling is necessary.

autistlivesmatter
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Mar 2017, 8:56 pm

Autistic people voting for a guy who is going to take away their food stamps, disability benefits, health care, etc. is the most absurd thing I have ever seen. 80% of autistic people are unemployed. More lack full-time employment and more work in poorly paid jobs. Maybe your parents support you and you don't have to worry about welfare. But what happens when your parents kick the bucket. Then what? An autistic person choosing Trump over Bernie Sanders is mind-boggling to me.

Trump is going to destroy the world economy with his policies. Serfs are being worked to the bone being paid the bare minimum to survive while the rich bourgeoisie extract more and more wealth off the backs of the proletariat. Eventually working people will be so poor that they can't afford to buy the rich man's goods and services and the wealth of the bourgeoisie will plateau and capitalism will collapse.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 9:03 pm

autistlivesmatter wrote:
Autistic people voting for a guy who is going to take away their food stamps, disability benefits, health care, etc. is the most absurd thing I have ever seen. 80% of autistic people are unemployed. More lack full-time employment and more work in poorly paid jobs. Maybe your parents support you and you don't have to worry about welfare. But what happens when your parents kick the bucket. Then what? An autistic person choosing Trump over Bernie Sanders is mind-boggling to me.

Trump is going to destroy the world economy with his policies. Serfs are being worked to the bone being paid the bare minimum to survive while the rich bourgeoisie extract more and more wealth off the backs of the proletariat. Eventually working people will be so poor that they can't afford to buy the rich man's goods and services and the wealth of the bourgeoisie will plateau and capitalism will collapse.

spoken like a true berniecrat.

autistlivesmatter
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Mar 2017, 9:04 pm

cathylynn wrote:
autistlivesmatter wrote:

At least Autistic Berniecrats vote in favor of their self-interests. I can't say the same for the alt-right.

You're like 60? Typical old Republican voter. You're gonna kick the bucket in a few years. So who cares about the future right? Unlike you, I got at least 30 more years left in me (hopefully. suicide or cancer may claim me earlier). I kinda don't want to see Trump implode the planet in a world economic crash and global warming.

Last edited by autistlivesmatter on 24 Mar 2017, 9:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 9:08 pm

autistlivesmatter wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
autistlivesmatter wrote:

At least Autistic Berniecrats vote in favor of their self-interests. I can't say the same for the alt-right.

alt-right is white supremacy. tea partiers want to hobble governemnt and so vote against benefits they receive.

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 9:13 pm

cathylynn wrote:
autistlivesmatter wrote:

alt-right is white supremacy. tea partiers want to hobble governemnt and so vote against benefits they receive.
there's little difference, you're still voting against your own interests.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 9:16 pm

autistlivesmatter wrote:
Autistic people voting for a guy who is going to take away their food stamps, disability benefits, health care, etc. is the most absurd thing I have ever seen.
He can't take any of my benefits.

autistlivesmatter
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Mar 2017, 9:27 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
autistlivesmatter wrote:
Autistic people voting for a guy who is going to take away their food stamps, disability benefits, health care, etc. is the most absurd thing I have ever seen.
You're in Australia. lol.

I don't know what the political situation is like in Australia but the first world in general is moving towards a neo-liberal agenda (neo-liberal has nothing to do with what Americans think of as "liberal".) The neo-liberal global trend being the simultaneous slashing of benefits and labour rights worldwide and also slashing taxes for the rich. The rich who make their money off the backs of the people they employ. Capitalism is designed to encourage capital consolidation. The people who already have money have the ability to hire people to make them even more money. And the companies with the most capital are able to beat the companies with less capital in competition with each other and then buy them out and drive them out of business. Killing jobs in the process and reducing options for customers.

The rich who earn off the backs of their employees are even more of a parasite than the people on benefits. Yet it's immigrants and poor people who are made into scapegoats by our society. Not Wall Street. Even though Wall Street are responsible for the world economic crisis. Wall Street is the biggest parasite of them all. This is why the S&P 500 has done so well while worker wages have stagnated and benefits have been cut. If people actually bothered to turn off their Fox News fake news and listen to Bernie Sanders speak, they would learn about this. I've studied Marxist theory and neo-liberalism in University. And I've read many books on the subject. I have seen a lot of data. There is a reason why college-educated whites voted for Bernie Sanders (we are more intelligent than our non-college educated counterparts) while the white working class listen to demagogues like Donald J Trump and Sean Hannity.

I'm all in favor of mass immigration. To hell with the wall. More Latin Americans and more refugees means more Democrats and liberals. More social benefits and health care for us autists in need. Less white working class people voting against their interests and ruining things for us.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 9:35 pm

autistlivesmatter wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
autistlivesmatter wrote:
You're in Australia. lol.

I don't know what the political situation is like in Australia but the first world in general is moving towards a neo-liberal agenda (neo-liberal has nothing to do with what Americans think of as "liberal".) The neo-liberal global trend being the simultaneous slashing of benefits and labour rights worldwide and also slashing taxes for the rich. The rich who make their money off the backs of the people they employ. Capitalism is designed to encourage capital consolidation. The people who already have money have the ability to hire people to make them even more money. And the companies with the most capital are able to beat the companies with less capital in competition with each other and then buy them out and drive them out of business. Killing jobs in the process and reducing options for customers.

The rich who earn off the backs of their employees are even more of a parasite than the people on benefits. Yet it's immigrants and poor people who are made into scapegoats by our society. Not Wall Street. Even though Wall Street are responsible for the world economic crisis. Wall Street is the biggest parasite of them all. This is why the S&P 500 has done so well while worker wages have stagnated and benefits have been cut. If people actually bothered to turn off their Fox News fake news and listen to Bernie Sanders speak, they would learn about this. I've studied Marxist theory and neo-liberalism in University. And I've read many books on the subject. I have seen a lot of data. There is a reason why college-educated whites voted for Bernie Sanders (we are more intelligent than our non-college educated counterparts) while the white working class listen to demagogues like Donald J Trump and Sean Hannity.

I'm all in favor of mass immigration. To hell with the wall. More Latin Americans and more refugees means more Democrats and liberals. More social benefits and health care for us autists in need. Less white working class people voting against their interests and ruining things for us.
I'm sure those wealthy parasites on Wall Street had a plan to profit from Hillary's victory as well as Trump's. The Wall Street tycoons play with a stacked deck. It makes no difference if the Democrats win or if the Republicans win.

They hated Bernie Sanders but he never even ran for election. Forget Russian hackers, the real scandal of the election was that the Democrats didn't go with the candidate who best served their interests. You can't blame that on the Russians.

Anyway since Hillary and Trump both serve the same masters the election battle between them was nothing more than political theatre.

Watching Hillary debate Trump is like watching to WWE wrestlers fight. They pretend to have a feud going but in reality they both work for the same man.