How or will Trump enforce his deportation executive orders?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 9:08 am

Can or will he Federalize law enforcement in "Sanctuary" locales such as city and states like Presidents did in the 1950's and 1960's in the south to enforce desegregation?

Will he send the military in guns a blazing on any locals that refuse his deportation executive order or will he go the "states rights" route and say you refuse me, it's your problem?

Here in New York Mayor DeBlasio has basically said if you cut our money off we will cut security to the Trump Towers.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 26 Jan 2017, 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

26 Jan 2017, 9:19 am

What you're saying is silly and I think you know better.

It's pretty easy for the federal government to put pressure on states to do what they want, think about how they raised the drinking age. They're going to strip sanctuary cities of all federal funding and I think the DOJ will probably be taking legal action against some of these municipalities as well. Obama used his DOJ similarly for anybody wondering. The federal funding to these sanctuary cities until they come under compliance can redirected towards the wall.

We are told that immigration is a federal issue and the states and local municipalities can not take measures to protect themselves but at the same time we allow others to blatantly disregard it. If state's rights applied to immigration issues now then I think Arizona is owed an explanation for being unfairly targeted all these years for taking matters into its own hands. Is immigration federal, state, or local issue?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 9:32 am

Jacoby wrote:

It's pretty easy for the federal government to put pressure on states to do what they want, think about how they raised the drinking age. They're going to strip sanctuary cities of all federal funding and I think the DOJ will probably be taking legal action against some of these municipalities as well. Obama used his DOJ similarly for anybody wondering. The federal funding to these sanctuary cities until they come under compliance can redirected towards the wall.

We are told that immigration is a federal issue and the states and local municipalities can not take measures to protect themselves but at the same time we allow others to blatantly disregard it. If state's rights applied to immigration issues now then I think Arizona is owed an explanation for being unfairly targeted all these years for taking matters into its own hands. Is immigration federal, state, or local issue?

I think New York and San Francisco combined with wealthy elites can counter somewhat the loss of federal funds, being liberal they will raise taxes to cover part of the loss. There is an element of the progressives that would rather make a point than help people that politicians here are indebted to. The DOJ legal orders will have to be enforced somehow. How will they do it if DeBlasio orders the NYPD to refuse or resist?

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 9:46 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

I think New York and San Francisco combined with wealthy elites can counter somewhat the loss of federal funds, being liberal they will raise taxes to cover part of the loss. There is an element of the progressives that would rather make a point than help people that politicians here are indebted to.

I think you overestimate how giving these people are and underestimate their cynicism, I think you'd have the elites taking selfies in front of whatever ill effects the lack of funding brings before actually doing something themselves. People suffering in their mind is better because they're immune to its effects and they can blame it on their political enemies. New York City gets over $8B in federal funds a year, nobody is covering that. They could probably pay for the wall entirely with money stripped from sanctuary cities ironic as that is. Lets see Rahm Emanuel explain to his constituents why his city is willing to sacrifice billions in federal dollars to protect criminal aliens in a city that saw over 700 murders last year.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 11:03 am

Jacoby wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

I think New York and San Francisco combined with wealthy elites can counter somewhat the loss of federal funds, being liberal they will raise taxes to cover part of the loss. There is an element of the progressives that would rather make a point than help people that politicians here are indebted to.

I think you overestimate how giving these people are and underestimate their cynicism, I think you'd have the elites taking selfies in front of whatever ill effects the lack of funding brings before actually doing something themselves. People suffering in their mind is better because they're immune to its effects and they can blame it on their political enemies. New York City gets over $8B in federal funds a year, nobody is covering that. They could probably pay for the wall entirely with money stripped from sanctuary cities ironic as that is. Lets see Rahm Emanuel explain to his constituents why his city is willing to sacrifice billions in federal dollars to protect criminal aliens in a city that saw over 700 murders last year.

There is as we have discussed also the hubris factor with these elites, the never ending belief that Trump is going to fail because he will finally do something so stupid. There is the faith in Saul Alinsky strategy, make Trump overreact to cause this, casualties are just a part of the means to justify the end. They are right in the sense that Trump will want to triple the pain of anybody that defies him. And the elites on the Upper East and West Sides will be the first ones to fold. Despite how relatively quiet it has been here compared to the rest of the country the past few decades this is still New York it will not be easy to gain control of.

Tomzy95
Raven
Raven

27 Jan 2017, 7:31 am

What I want to know is more importantly, how is Trumps deportation plan any different from Obama, who has already been deporting criminal illegals.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2017, 7:50 am

Just enforcing the law as it is currently in the books would solve like 80% of the problem, we have had a federal government that has abdicated it's duty in terms of combating illegal immigration and was actually facilitating it. Trump honestly doesn't even need congress that much on this issue since so much of the stuff has just been sitting the books, money has been allocated and never used.