Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

sweetperfume
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

Joined: 28 Jan 2017
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Posts: 29

01 Feb 2017, 1:23 am

As I believe it says on my profile, I'm a sixteen-year-old girl. I've known since I was twelve or thirteen that I was queer. Some time later, I realized that I'd never felt any kind of physical/sexual attraction to anyone. At the time, I considered that I was asexual but decided to shelf that thought, figuring that it was too possible that I was just a late bloomer. Since then, I've fallen in love once and had romantic feelings for several other people, but never have I experienced any sexual attraction or interest in having sex (which I do know that at least some of my peers have felt for several years). So I've been questioning again, but I could use the feedback of others. Am I pretty likely to be asexual if I haven't felt sexual attraction by now? Or am I still too young to really know?



spiderman123
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jan 2017
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 32

02 Feb 2017, 6:41 pm

you should do some blood work and check your progesterone levels. It could just poor diet and lifestyle leading to low sex drive. I don't think asexual people exist.



tick
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2014
Age: 44
Gender: Female
Posts: 74
Location: Missouri

02 Feb 2017, 6:55 pm

Asexual people most certainly exist, don't listen to anyone who says they don't. Of course they do. However, you are young, just wait and see what happens.



spiderman123
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jan 2017
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 32

ArielsSong
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 4 Mar 2016
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 673
Location: Lancashire, UK

02 Feb 2017, 7:08 pm

I would say that I would say that you probably know, by now. If I look back to that age, it was very clear by that point that others in my school had an interest that just didn't exist with me. I didn't know about asexuality at your age, so I couldn't put the difference into words, but I'm sure that I'd have known by then if I had the word to create the concept.

But, the important question is, does it matter if you're too young? If things change in future, that's ok. There are no asexuality police that are going to arrest you for daring to think you are, when you might discover years down the line that you're not. It's just a label, so if it helps you to process your feelings up to this date then use it.



green0star
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Apr 2016
Gender: Female
Posts: 726
Location: blah

06 Feb 2017, 2:27 pm

tick wrote:
Asexual people most certainly exist, don't listen to anyone who says they don't. Of course they do. However, you are young, just wait and see what happens.


I pretty well second this. Leave it up to middle aged cishet to pump that asexual erasure. You are young still though, so this is all new to you.



tick
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2014
Age: 44
Gender: Female
Posts: 74
Location: Missouri

06 Feb 2017, 2:46 pm

green0star wrote:
tick wrote:
Asexual people most certainly exist, don't listen to anyone who says they don't. Of course they do. However, you are young, just wait and see what happens.


I pretty well second this. Leave it up to middle aged cishet to pump that asexual erasure. You are young still though, so this is all new to you.


This is kinda funny, I'm middle age and hetro (not so sure about cis) :lol: . Maybe some of the difference between me and the other het is, I guess according to current terms, I'd be demi-sexual. But the middle age thing, not relevant. :wink: Us old folks still know that asexual is real and pretty wonderful.



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 36,937
Location: Queens, NYC

06 Feb 2017, 3:00 pm

I'm a demi-sexual man who is also attracted to the physical aspects of women.

Based on your screen name, I would say you have at least some femininity in you. Most males probably wouldn't use that for a screen name. But that's not really relevant to this discussion LOL

You know what.....just go with what you feel. If you don't feel sexual, you don't feel sexual. It doesn't matter. When you start feeling sexual (when and if that happens), then act on it (being careful, of course!)

If you don't feel sexual, it might frustrate some people.

But then, I would consider that you just might be the type who must fall in love with somebody in order to feel sexual. There are many people like that in the world. It might take some time, and some patience (especially on the part of the other person who might be more sexual than you).

All in all, you are you. It doesn't matter whether you feel sexual now, or sexual later. You have to advocate for yourself. If you don't want sex, just say so. The vast majority of people would respect that choice. If they don't, they're not for you.



green0star
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Apr 2016
Gender: Female
Posts: 726
Location: blah

17 Feb 2017, 10:14 am

tick wrote:
green0star wrote:
tick wrote:
Asexual people most certainly exist, don't listen to anyone who says they don't. Of course they do. However, you are young, just wait and see what happens.


I pretty well second this. Leave it up to middle aged cishet to pump that asexual erasure. You are young still though, so this is all new to you.


This is kinda funny, I'm middle age and hetro (not so sure about cis) :lol: . Maybe some of the difference between me and the other het is, I guess according to current terms, I'd be demi-sexual. But the middle age thing, not relevant. :wink: Us old folks still know that asexual is real and pretty wonderful.


Oh totally, I had no doubts that you were aware. I just don't like when anyone takes it upon themselves to attempt to invalidate someone's orientation based off their own ignorance.