Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ThisAdamGuy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2017, 10:37 am

I'm trying to eat at least a little bit healthier. I heard that smoothies are a healthy breakfast, so today I decided to try one. I used mangos, strawberries, ice, and a little milk. It tasted good, but it didn't fill me up much and so I'm really freaking hungry and its still hours before my lunch break. What's the best way to make a smoothie so that you're not hungry again an hour later?

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2017, 12:42 pm

Add more protein like whey to the smoothie. Protein can help stave off hunger longer.

CircleTrack
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Feb 2017, 7:41 am

you can add things like oats, nuts, seeds, avocado & vegetables.

Keigan
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Mar 2017, 5:41 pm

Your smoothie is all carbs, that immediately turns into insulin, your system peaks and crashed and then you are hungry.

Research Almased.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 7:22 am

Smoothies have waaay to much sugar in them in the form of fructose. Lately I've been having coffee for breakfast. With no sugar in it. It's a low calorie breakfast.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2017, 8:35 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Smoothies have waaay to much sugar in them in the form of fructose. Lately I've been having coffee for breakfast. With no sugar in it. It's a low calorie breakfast.

I use coffee aswell, as caffeine blunts hunger. This way I can eat larger meals later.
If that doesn't work for you, I'd suggest switching out the smoothie for a meal consisting of some protein and maybe some fat. I would pick something like fried eggs or an omelette. I find that for alot of people, hunger tends kick in quicker when eating carbohydrates early in the day, especially carbs without fiber.