Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Rocker_C
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Feb 2017, 2:30 pm

Hey Guys,

Well, to start I want to introduce myself here. I've posted on this forum before but not in this category I believe. I'm Chris and I was diagnosed with Aspergers, OCD and PTSD in 2011.

I met a girl at University whilst studying horticulture and at first it was all going well, then her parents decided to instantly hate my guts following a misunderstanding during a conversation one evening. It wasn't even something I would have personally misunderstood, but looking back now after therapy I understand that they were trying to find me out to be a bad guy so I could be thrown away and not have a relationship with their daughter. It went on for such a long time, and apparently in the end (although I have no recollection) it ended up with me having a very series of two severe meltdowns, from which I basically had my memory wiped almost completely of very specific things such as my horticultural knowledge which I was considered an expert within. I now suffer depression and anxiety and I wonder if my memory will ever come back? Has anyone here ever suffered with this and gotten their memories back? I don't have any other conditions which would cause amnesia (memory loss) such as epilepsy or seizures, so I know it was directly caused by the meltdowns I suffered. I have regained some of my memory since this happened, but my horticultural knowledge is a mere fraction of what it used to be and it feeds my anxiety, depression and despair.

If anyone out there can relate or comment I would be so grateful as this is one of my lowest moments.

Thanks
Chris