Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

NotAnEvilRobot
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Feb 2017, 5:07 am

Does anyone else go to a college with a quarter system? I'm wondering if it's too fast paced for my liking. I end up getting prerequisites done faster, I think, but I think it's also more stressful than a semester system.

"As buds give rise by growth to fresh buds...so by generation I believe it has been with the great Tree of Life, which fills with its dead and broken branches the crust of the earth, and covers the surface with its ever branching and beautiful ramifications." - Charles Darwin, The Origin of Species

Surf Rider
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Feb 2017, 3:46 am

My university has quarters. I think it's ridiculous. Semesters make more sense.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2017, 4:16 am

NotAnEvilRobot wrote:
Does anyone else go to a college with a quarter system? I'm wondering if it's too fast paced for my liking. I end up getting prerequisites done faster, I think, but I think it's also more stressful than a semester system.

The quarter system is very fast paced, which might be fine for east GEs but not ideal, in my opinion, for more involved courses. I went to a community college on the semester system, and then transferred to a university on the quarter system, and I found that I preferred the semester system.