Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

KevinLA
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2017, 10:12 am

I have a binge eating disorder.

I love food. Often I don't stop eating until I begin to feel sick. If I stop eating before then, I still feel I can eat more. I almost still feel hungry.

Admitted, I do not have a lot of other hobbies or interests. I feel eating is a hobby.

Has anyone dealt with an issue like this?

Onyxaxe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Feb 2017, 10:21 am

A few times in the past when I was REALLY pissed off. I have a weakness to full bowls of chocolate pudding too.

Anyways, I bike everywhere so I know if I gain weight I'll feel it and will have a harder time getting around. If you're concerned about your health sports and being generally active will make you shed weight off just for the fact that it's hard to do them at a heavier weight. Being poor helps too, I couldn't binge eat if I wanted to these days lol

KevinLA
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2017, 10:23 am

Adding to my post.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, weight is not an issue for me. I am thin. I have an insanely high metabolism.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

17 Mar 2017, 3:09 am

I have problems with binge eating too. I pig out on my snacks instead of making them last & I eat big meals for lunch. It's like I have no self-control when I start snaking or eating a big meal. I'm overweight & need to get in better shape. My doc suggested counseling but I don't feel like eating when I'm in a bad mood or anything. My doc also mentioned the med Topamax/Topiramate for binge eating but she wasn't ready to prescribe it just yet. I looked it up & it can help with feelings of fullness. I wouldn't mind trying it if she brings it up again. I really need to exercise more & not touch the snacks.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 10:43 pm

yes, i also gorge a lot. started around age 12. right now i am 34. the summer going into 8th grade, went from 100 to 108 pounds. does not sound like a lot (esp for 8th grade), but it took a lot of gorging to get there. spring quarter sophomore undergrad year, gained 15# in 10 weeks.

granted, do not yet have an eating disorder diagnosis. (fine). but discussed it with more than one psychologist.

although, functionally, don't know what purpose a eating disorder diagnosis serves.

got diagnosed with gender identity disorder, clinical depression, and aspergers though.

likewise i do not have other interests or hobbies. on the other hand maybe hobbies are overrated. there is no law that says you have to have a hobby. having a hobby does not make you morally superior to someone that does not have a hobby.

it might help to go to a clinical psychologist, support groups, read books. some prescriptions reduce appetite. or go to a nutritionist.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 10:54 pm

I often spend a lot of time without eating but when I start eat I just eat too much and feel super hungry and then I feel super bad, and I hate this much. I gained a lot of weight in recent years because of that :/ I feel out of control, and it's so sad.

I love food and I love to cook but I feel I can't not even more appreciate food because I'm just obsessed and after full of guilty.

Also, I often end up vomiting (sometimes I need to force it because I just feel so physically bad).

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 11:22 pm

KevinLA wrote:
I have a binge eating disorder.

I love food. Often I don't stop eating until I begin to feel sick. If I stop eating before then, I still feel I can eat more. I almost still feel hungry.

Admitted, I do not have a lot of other hobbies or interests. I feel eating is a hobby.

Has anyone dealt with an issue like this?

I do not have an eating disorder, however there might be a physiological component to your problem if you always feel hungry. You could have an endocrine disorder that causes an imbalance of ghrelin and leptin, or damage to your hypothalamus. Both of these things can inhibit the ability to feel full. You should see a doctor about it.