Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2017, 8:51 am

Nancy Pelosi wants to know.

Breitbart: Pelosi Calls for FBI Investigation to Find Out ‘What the Russians Have on Donald Trump’

Quote:
Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” House Minority Leader Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) called for a FBI investigation to find out “what the Russians have” on President Donald Trump.

Pelosi said, “I want to know what the Russians have on Donald Trump. I think we have to have that investigation by the FBI into his financial, personal and political connections to Russia, and we want to see his tax returns so we can have a truth in the relationship between Putin whom he admires.”

I'd like to know too.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2017, 9:02 am

Honestly, I get the feeling that Putin wants Trump to be his buddy so Russia could expand its Sphere of Influence in the world.

Trump, I feel, thinks of Putin as being a business partner who can advance United State of America, Inc's interest.

There could be some sort of symbiotic relationship---some of which could be related to what Putin has on Trump.

But maybe not.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2017, 9:03 am

Putin made it clear that he doesn't have anything on Trump, which I believe would tend to discredit any future stuff he would blackmail Trump with.

And I'm wondering just how much interest Putin would have had in a small potatoes billionaire minor celebrity.

But I love the conspiracy stuff.

Whatever happened with that pee pee dossier and that ex-spy on the lamb anyways?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2017, 9:13 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Honestly, I get the feeling that Putin wants Trump to be his buddy so Russia could expand its Sphere of Influence in the world.

Trump, I feel, thinks of Putin as being a business partner who can advance United State of America, Inc's interest.

There could be some sort of symbiotic relationship---some of which could be related to what Putin has on Trump.

But maybe not.

I come up with that assessment myself. Except why would Putin need anything on Trump? They obviously want to work together on a mutual goal to be combined superpowers to take on N. Korea, Iraq and ISIS. Who's going to want to be too much on the wrong side of twin superpowers run by Trump and Putin? Kim Jong Un must be shatting his nickers over the idea.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2017, 9:20 am

I think that's a possibility. They would make a formidable pair, indeed.

But I'm still concerned about having Russia as an ally who can manipulate Trump.

We have to look at the fact that Russia was once Soviet, and that one of the Soviets' goals was world domination (that was part of the Leninist/Stalinist/Marxist ideology).

And that Putin was a member of the KGB, rising to the rank of colonel. Hence, he might have designs about returning Russia to its Soviet past. Also: he's been in power since 1999 (18 years). That, alone, causes concern in me.

In my opinion, we have to be wary of Russia for historical reasons.

I'm not against Communism in theory, necessarily. I'm against how Communism manifested itself in places like the Soviet Union and the People's Republic of China.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2017, 9:32 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I think that's a possibility. They would make a formidable pair, indeed.

But I'm still concerned about having Russia as an ally who can manipulate Trump.

We have to look at the fact that Russia was once Soviet, and that one of the Soviets' goals was world domination (that was part of the Leninist/Stalinist/Marxist ideology).

And that Putin was a member of the KGB, rising to the rank of colonel. Hence, he might have designs about returning Russia to its Soviet past. Also: he's been in power since 1999 (18 years). That, alone, causes concern in me.

In my opinion, we have to be wary of Russia for historical reasons.

I'm not against Communism in theory, necessarily. I'm against how Communism manifested itself in places like the Soviet Union and the People's Republic of China.

Why is it the US seemed able to forgive Germany and Japan right away, but are still so leery of Russia? We were never technically even in a real war with them.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2017, 9:36 am

It's because we thoroughly destroyed both countries (especially Japan), and we were able to exert our influence upon them very thoroughly, so that they were no longer a threat. This influence continues to this day.

Soviet Russia was actually our ally during World War II. And they are a more formidable opponent today. We can't "destroy" Russia like we did Germany and Japan.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2017, 9:41 am

I feel Trump's dalliance with Putin is a very dangerous game. Many Republicans and Democrats agree.

We should work with Russia to get rid of ISIS. But we should still be VERY wary.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2017, 9:43 am

On my mother's side, I am of Russian/Jewish descent.

I have a very great love for Russian literature and Russian culture.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2017, 9:45 am

EzraS wrote:
Why is it the US seemed able to forgive Germany and Japan right away, but are still so leery of Russia? We were never technically even in a real war with them.

Russia is an enemy because they launched man capable spacecraft into orbit before we could. In combination with nukes, this proved to the world that they could destroy us before we could destroy them. Until they had orbited spacecraft with people, that capability was just theoretical. This was so scary that some whites put aside their racial prejudices to allow blacks to help out the USA in the Space Race. This, in a time when segregation was legal and more or less accepted by the white community.

Last edited by BTDT on 07 Feb 2017, 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2017, 9:50 am

I feel that people, by and large, were threatened by "Communism." They were afraid that Communists would invade the world, and force us to live under their system. This was a very great fear until the Soviet Union was dissolved.

We were also in a "race" with Soviet Russia, like BTDT. Pure ego.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2017, 10:01 am

EzraS wrote:
Putin made it clear that he doesn't have anything on Trump, ...

How so?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2017, 10:03 am

Supposedly he has gotten money from the Russian mob,but there isn't any proof that I know of.
More likely some sort of shady business deals with ties to the mob.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2017, 10:51 am

Wouldn't it be swell if Trump had something on Putin, too?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2017, 11:13 am

/\If that were true Trump would have been toast already.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2017, 11:17 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
It's because we thoroughly destroyed both countries (especially Japan), and we were able to exert our influence upon them very thoroughly, so that they were no longer a threat. This influence continues to this day.

Soviet Russia was actually our ally during World War II. And they are a more formidable opponent today. We can't "destroy" Russia like we did Germany and Japan.

I thought the US took credit in bringing the USSR to an end.