What is the most bizarre/eccentric music you listen to?

Page 3 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Oathdagger96
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 May 2017, 2:19 am

I really love Outsider Music. Artists like

Daniel Johnston
Wesley Willis
Jandek
Wild Man Fischer
The Shaggs

s**t like that. Artists who really don't have musical talent but are earnest and honest in their art form and just like making music because they like making it, regardless of their lack of musical skill.

synthpop
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 May 2017, 12:14 am

the "weirdest" music i like? harsh noise, onkyo-kei, electroacoustic improvisation, ethiopian jazz-funk, drone, throat-singing, musique concrete, hypnagogic pop, free jazz, zeuhl, krautrock, bubblegum bass.
avant-garde and obscure music is my special interest. a harsh noise artist, merzbow. an onkyo-kei artist, sachiko m. an electroacoustic artist, karlheinz stockhausen.
my favorite genres, in general, are minimal synth, post-hardcore, harsh noise, EAI, and synthpop.

some people loathe noise music because it's "just noise," to them. my boyfriend, who also has autism, cannot stand noise music, as it triggers sensory overload for him; however, i find the noise relaxing, even often experiencing an ASMR effect from it.

Oathdagger96 wrote:
I really love Outsider Music. Artists like

Daniel Johnston
Wesley Willis
Jandek
Wild Man Fischer
The Shaggs

s**t like that. Artists who really don't have musical talent but are earnest and honest in their art form and just like making music because they like making it, regardless of their lack of musical skill.

ah, i love those artists. especially daniel johnston and the shaggs. check out bobb trimble and peter grudzien! maybe even look up nicole campau.

JohnnyLurg
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 May 2017, 12:47 pm

I don't really listen to anything more "bizarre" or "eccentric" than Captain Beefheart.

RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 10:17 pm

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 5:57 am

To those who know me, all of my music is weird. It ranges too, from electronica to heavy metal. Language doesn't matter either. I have music in at least six languages.

synthpop wrote:
some people loathe noise music because it's "just noise," to them. my boyfriend, who also has autism, cannot stand noise music, as it triggers sensory overload for him; however, i find the noise relaxing, even often experiencing an ASMR effect from it.

I didn't know what this was so I looked it up and I have no idea why I did because I expected it was exactly what it sounded like. It was. My head hurts. I only listened to about 10 seconds.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 9:53 am

Having these tastes makes it difficult to find songs at karaoke, doesn't it?

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

fselzr
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Jun 2017, 1:03 pm

Noisia, Amon Tobin, Tipper, Dope D.O.D., Savant and Aphex Twin. The darker the better for me.