Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Bertilak
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Feb 2017, 10:56 am

Hello , I've got myself on a forum for education which feeds into the British Labour Party Policy. I don't know how common the knowledge is but the Labour Party is taking neurodiversity seriously in that they've appointed a Shadow Minister! Politics apart, I've been waiting for this chance for years! My dream is of radical curriculum change which reflects neurodiversity, genuinely encourages different intelligences, celebrates the unique, and develops critical thinking. I came across the website after reading Neurotribes which made me weep and cheer in almost equal measures. I wonder whether anyone can help me to get things changed at least in Britain.
I'm after stories, not stats. People who haven't "fitted in" but who have found a focus for growth and individuation, young (and not so young!) who have discovered that "problems" in classrooms have become talents in a different milieus.
My feelings, based on sixty years as a consumer and then purveyor of "education", are that we've become too sedentary, we've lost the centrality of individual children, and we're in no way preparing students for life in an accelerating technically and morally complex world. I'd be so grateful for your thoughts.
You can email me on: [email protected].
Cheers XXXXX