Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2017, 5:22 am

Anybody ever play this FPS RP game? I have been wondering about the sequel as well.

Which of the four characters do you like to choose? Me, I pick the soldier.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2017, 9:40 am

I've only played a little bit of the original, but I've played quite a bit of the sequel. All of the characters I've played so far on 2 have been assassins.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2017, 9:51 am

Personally, I try beating the game with all characters (even DLC ones) and level them up to maximum. I started with the Soldier in the first game. I'm still working on the other three. I'm on a hiatus with the sequels. I started with gunzerker on 2, but so many online players wanted to do the main missions even though I wasn't ready yet because I wanted to take care of all the side missions first. I started a new game with the commando. On the Pre-Sequel, I beat the game with Claptrap and started a new game with the Handsome Jack lookalike.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2017, 4:18 pm

They are some of my favourite games of all time. Borderlands the Prequel even exceed my expectations. I prefer action RPG's with a good story and graphics. I really enjoy the unique art style in the Borderlands series, the leveling, the amusing characters/story, and the way they designed the loot/items.

I tried playing the Tell Tale Borderland series but the games made me so motion sick that I was bed ridden after just 20 minutes of game play.

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2017, 11:12 pm

Liked the first game to the point of completing it to platinum and dlc, 2 was fine although more of the same, fighting and looting got too stale for me, fighting enemies felt to often and too many to handle, could only have enough interest to finish the story. I have'nt played any other borderlands game after that. Simply a series that couldn't keep my interest past the first 2 games.

AS 168/200, NT: 20/ 200, AQ=45 EQ=15, SQ=78, IQ=135

crmoore
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2017, 1:28 pm

This is one of my favorite FPS series. The writing for the characters (especially in 2) is funny and smart. Plus the series has had some of the best DLC in all of gaming (Dragon's Keep FTW). Since I'm not into multiplayer deathmatch FPS games or the COD/BF franchises, this is always a great series to keep coming back to if I feel the need to shoot some fictional characters.

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2017, 3:43 pm

I played the original years ago- got bored of it and was busy with other games. I recently got the Handsome Collection (2 and Pre-Sequel)- started 2 and I've been pretty hooked on it. It's pretty fun and tons to do!

Keith123
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Mar 2017, 7:45 am

I tried the first game with Roland and hated it so gave up after an hour and played part 2 with Zero and loved it.

I then tried the first game again with Lillith and loved it.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2017, 12:04 pm

The first game didn't realize it was supposed to be funny until the DLCs came along. They rectified that from the start with BL2. Pre-sequel was like BL2, but slightly worse in all regards. BL2 is awesome, and I can't wait for BL3.

Anyone know any other good Loot'n'Shoot games?

Foxprospeak
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Mar 2017, 11:59 am

I'd love to play The Handsome Collection if anyone is interested in co-op.

I play on the PS4.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 5:33 am

I've started playing the other two games.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2017, 2:18 pm

Tiny Tina is complete bonkers, but also funny.

Deathbox

25 Apr 2017, 1:42 am

Borderlands is hard as s**t. My fiancee gave up on that immediately, and she's a pretty hardcore gamer.

I tried it recently and thought, "f**k, I just paid for that". I'm ret*d when it comes to FPS most of the time.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2017, 4:49 am

I just finished the main storyline of Borderlands 2. Now to finish the DLC. Then, The 'Pre-Sequel'.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2017, 5:04 am

Deathbox wrote:
Borderlands is hard as s**t. My fiancee gave up on that immediately, and she's a pretty hardcore gamer.

I tried it recently and thought, "f**k, I just paid for that". I'm ret*d when it comes to FPS most of the time.

It's an action RPG. That means you've just gotta grind and hope for good weapons to drop. Also, I've heard that in the very first game, there's a glitch with the shotguns that makes them really overpowered, so try using those.

Deathbox

25 Apr 2017, 10:56 am

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
Deathbox wrote:

It's an action RPG. That means you've just gotta grind and hope for good weapons to drop. Also, I've heard that in the very first game, there's a glitch with the shotguns that makes them really overpowered, so try using those.

Oh, that's awesome. I'll have to google that and give it a go. Thanks for the heads-up :D