Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Here
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Feb 2017, 5:08 pm

Included are a list of a dozen discussion threads in the ‘In Depth Adult Life Discussion’ Forum receiving no responses (as of this writing).

At first glance, many of these posts deserved at least a response, or two. Yet naturally, we only read important topics far more often than we contribute written responses (judging from the ample number of views most of these threads received).

Yet, it begs to be asked, “why have some of the more important topics received no responses?”

The list spans six pages of threads encompassing the past one-and-a-half years .

The list of discussion threads are arranged in order from the newer threads down to the oldest:

1.Seeking Aspies with Addictions.
2.British Study of Adult Autism.
3.Endowments for the Study of Autism.
4.PDA vs. NPD.
5.Inaugural Tri-State Adult Autism Symposium.
6.Aspergers & Title IX.
7.A Book for Those Who Found-Out as Adults.
8.Looking for Female Friendship.
9.“Refrigerator Mothers” Documentary.
10.“Who Lives in OHIO and Where?
11.Having NVLD and Feel ret*d and Simple.
12.Adult Self-Assessment for Repetitive Behaviors Test.

horseguy2u
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Feb 2017, 5:41 pm

I am new here and forming my analysis of the forums. In a way that can be good because I bring "fresh eyes" for the time being. From this vantage point my response is that this forum is like any forum in terms of initiative. NT or AS, on some levels people are people regardless of brain wiring. Level of initiative might be one of those universal energies that has a human spectrum of its own and generally in the human race it is pretty low. That is why some of the more interesting or intellectually demanding topics go without responses. In a word, human laziness.

Here's question. Is making lists more NT or more AS?

ArielsSong
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2017, 6:14 pm

From a brief look, some of those threads are highlighted snippets of articles or pieces of information, rather than discussion points with something to respond to.

Private Idaho
Toucan
Toucan

10 Feb 2017, 7:20 pm

This forum doesn't have as many visitors as the others so fewer people to comment.

Here
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Feb 2017, 3:16 pm

I would add 'Any NTs Active in the 'In_Depth Adult-Life Disc. Forum???.' (LINK).

After almost 100 views (as of this writing), it's somewhat surprising that there have been no responses, especially after a "slew of responses" on NTs involvement in another forum devoted to Aspergers.

LINK: viewtopic.php?t=337264

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 2:45 pm

It doesn't help that the mobile version of this site doesn't show how many replies or views a thread has received.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2017, 11:13 pm

Noca wrote:
It doesn't help that the mobile version of this site doesn't show how many replies or views a thread has received.
Exactly. Another forum I go to has this feature and I find it useful.

I kill threads easily. I'll post in one, then the next day it's on the next page.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2017, 11:37 pm

Here wrote:
I would add 'Any NTs Active in the 'In_Depth Adult-Life Disc. Forum???.' (LINK).

After almost 100 views (as of this writing), it's somewhat surprising that there have been no responses, especially after a "slew of responses" on NTs involvement in another forum devoted to Aspergers.

LINK: http://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=337264

Los of those views come from bots collecting data for search engines.