Page 5 of 11 [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 12:17 am

Earthbound wrote:
No, how about not turning things into jokes? This is a serious matter, even if you don't want to think so.

A joke to "lighten the mood" or whatever isn't the answer, period.

Occasional satire is not against the rules and you don't get to tell people what to do :P

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 1:37 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Breitbart is a private enterprise, and so was never bound to provide free speech to anyone they didn't want to, anymore than Huffington Post on the left does.

I said they didn't deny it, not that they were bound to it.

Kraichgauer wrote:
The fact that Breitbart allowed people known for racism and out-and-out lunacy to use their publication as a soapbox shows how Bannon, as their editor, was and is, sympathetic to those ugly ideas. Sure, you can say Bannon simply wanted to just give equal time to people who say blacks are guilty of most crimes, that the Holocaust never happened, and that non-white Americans should be deported, but why would any decent person want to?

I can't tell if those are actual facts or biased sensationalist accusations.

You honestly don't believe Alt Right white nationalists promote such ideas? Because they do.

From what I could ascertain, "alt-right" is one of many labels invented by the ctrl-left to brand people with.

I've read about Holocaust denial from several sources. And as a side note, a thing I've picked up on that I've found irritating, is leftist predilection to trivialize the Holocaust by comparing so many trivial things by comparison to it, which could suggest they don't take it seriously.

And are you saying that Breitbart has said every single non-white person in America should be deported?

People claim the Bible says that women are inferior, that it promotes gays being put to death, that it promotes slavery, that it promotes genocide etc. It's all about how someone chooses to contextualize things. If someone is anti-Bible, that's how they are going to see what the Bible says. But you being a Christian however will probably deny the Bible promotes those things.

Richard Spencer, the Nzi who got punched out on live TV, calls himself the leader of the Alt Right movement. Not exactly a ringing endorsement for the notion that the Alt Right designation was an invention of the left.
No, I'm saying the Alt Right white nationalists who they give a platform for, certainly do want to see non-white Americans deported.
No, I don't deny the Bible promotes slavery, subjugation of women, and homophobia. Then again, I hardly think everything in the Bible is of equal worth, and I believe the prejudices of the Biblical writers appear in their work, despite divine inspiration.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 8:57 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Richard Spencer, the Nzi who got punched out on live TV, calls himself the leader of the Alt Right movement. Not exactly a ringing endorsement for the notion that the Alt Right designation was an invention of the left.

Oh yeah. I knew that but forgot. I got it confused with all the derogatory labels and pet names the left has invented.

Kraichgauer wrote:
No, I'm saying the Alt Right white nationalists who they give a platform for, certainly do want to see non-white Americans deported.
No, I don't deny the Bible promotes slavery, subjugation of women, and homophobia. Then again, I hardly think everything in the Bible is of equal worth, and I believe the prejudices of the Biblical writers appear in their work, despite divine inspiration.

So all of the alt-right white nationalists are like a single minded entity? Because I know of many Christians who want to see homosexuality wiped from the face of the Earth. Who firmly believe women are inferior to men. And so on. Because their Bible says so. So shouldn't I be bothered by any publication that gives them a platform? Those are rhetorical questions of course. But at the same time it seems like I could make such a stance within reason. But anyways, is Spencer on record saying all non-white Americans should be deported? Did Breitbart ever publish that statement?

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 11:46 am

Ban-Dodger wrote:
Americans and their incredible stupidity are actually a FAR BIGGER THREAT to World-Peace than terrorists...

Be careful. I got temporarily banned from WP a few weeks ago because I told the truth.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2017, 3:29 pm

Danielle Ryan, an Irish freelance journalist at Salon, makes a convincing argument that what they're getting on Flynn for really isn't all that impressive--the cover-up was worse than the "crime--, and that the Deep State doesn't like Trump and is trying to undermine them, in the hopes of keeping this country in a perpetual state of war, cold or hot:

http://www.salon.com/2017/02/16/is-mich ... newsletter

There's also this at the end, a threat from the top Democrat in the Senate:

Quote:
Last month Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer warned that Trump was “really dumb” to criticize the intelligence community because the spy agencies have “six ways from Sunday of getting back at you.” In retrospect, that statement reads as pretty ominous. Almost no one noticed it at the time.

Schumer was also one of the main architects of FATCA where the US forces all foreign financial institutions, even if they have no US presence, to do work for it without remuneration--wielding the dollar's reserve currency status as a stick--in order to try to "suck" as much money from abroad to back home while hurting our expats.

Schumer is a pretty rotten human being, and seems to be an ally of the Deep State. As progressives, we should not throw our support behind someone like this.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2017, 4:22 pm

beneficii wrote:
Danielle Ryan, an Irish freelance journalist at Salon, makes a convincing argument that what they're getting on Flynn for really isn't all that impressive--the cover-up was worse than the "crime--, and that the Deep State doesn't like Trump and is trying to undermine them, in the hopes of keeping this country in a perpetual state of war, cold or hot:

http://www.salon.com/2017/02/16/is-mich ... newsletter

There's also this at the end, a threat from the top Democrat in the Senate:

Quote:
Last month Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer warned that Trump was “really dumb” to criticize the intelligence community because the spy agencies have “six ways from Sunday of getting back at you.” In retrospect, that statement reads as pretty ominous. Almost no one noticed it at the time.

Schumer was also one of the main architects of FATCA where the US forces all foreign financial institutions, even if they have no US presence, to do work for it without remuneration--wielding the dollar's reserve currency status as a stick--in order to try to "suck" as much money from abroad to back home while hurting our expats.

Schumer is a pretty rotten human being, and seems to be an ally of the Deep State. As progressives, we should not throw our support behind someone like this.

But his niece, Amy, is funny and hot. :lol:

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2017, 12:48 pm

androbot01 wrote:
I'm not sure what Trump hopes to gain from a friendly relationship with Russia. It would be great for their economy if the sanctions were lifted, but what does the States get out of it?

It would stop Russia and China forming more of an alliance and keep Russia more neutral.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2017, 12:52 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
We can't have people in presidential campaigns colluding with foreign leaders. Or rather, it had to be made illegal so that we can at least punish people who do it. There's only so much we can practically do to punish other governments, but we can and should punish Americans who help foreign powers interfere in our elections. To be fair, I'd like us to punish Americans who interfere in anyone's democratic processes.

For the record, I have consistently spoken out about US government interference in other people's elections, and of course various efforts by the US state governments to disenfranchise people here in the US.

Sorry. Not seen you speak much about Israeli influence on US politics. If you've condemned it could you please elaborate?

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 10:52 am

It's a delicate subject, considering the number of wackos obsessing over it.

Israel would have an incentive to not help the US with the Russians in this case, but why bother actively doing anything. Too risky, if I had to make the call. Also, we don't know much about this Israeli government's relations with their IC. I suspect there are yarmulkes hitting desks on that side of the world with regularity at their PM's inflammatory rhetoric.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 5:00 pm

There's talk of the white nationalists in France wanting to cut economic ties with America, and replacing them with Russia, providing they come to power. How is that possibly a good thing from our standpoint? How could Trump possibly see that as a good thing?

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 5:13 pm

I do have one other thought about the Israeli influence. If opening a discussion about the human rights of Palestinians is equivalent to calling for the destruction of the Jewish state, then I see a big fundamental problem right there. It seems like only extremists in Israel and politicians in the US take that view, so it does puzzle me. However, I have Jewish friends with a variety of political views, so I hear things which surprise me.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 6:16 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:

Israel would have an incentive to not help the US with the Russians in this case, but why bother actively doing anything. Too risky, if I had to make the call. Also, we don't know much about this Israeli government's relations with their IC. I suspect there are yarmulkes hitting desks on that side of the world with regularity at their PM's inflammatory rhetoric.

Wackos obsessing over Russia?

Not talking about the Russians. Talking about Israeli influence on US politics.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 6:25 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:

QFI

Wackos obsess over Jews in general, and the thread is about Russians.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 6:30 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
There's talk of the white nationalists in France wanting to cut economic ties with America, and replacing them with Russia, providing they come to power. How is that possibly a good thing from our standpoint? How could Trump possibly see that as a good thing?

:lol: Where the hell do you get your news from?

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 6:32 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:

QFI

Wackos obsess over Jews in general, and the thread is about Russians.

I said nothing about Jews. Israel has real control over US politics and American Jews do too, though they are becoming divided as Israel's actions become more insane. These are just facts, but hawks try to use the racism card to bar facts being discussed.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 6:37 pm

Uh-huh