Lindsey Graham "Muslim ban will prevail at the Supreme Court

Page 1 of 7 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2017, 7:34 pm

This bad, Lindsey Graham I trust has a fairly objective view on the two parties and since he knows the system I trust what he says could happen.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/trump- ... eme-court/

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2017, 7:54 pm

It was on Fox that Trump isn't going the Supreme Court for now. He is going to rewrite the ban, as far as I know.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2017, 9:13 pm

Good. I think he needs to step back and reevaluate and rewrite and all that.

Unlike others, while I think it was a bad idea and shouldn't have been implemented, I do think it was done for the reasons stated, rather than whatever conspiracy theories are going around involving golf courses and whatever.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2017, 9:21 pm

EzraS wrote:
Good. I think he needs to step back and reevaluate and rewrite and all that.

Some think the Supreme Court would throw it out and they also don't have 9 judges for a tie vote - if it is tied then it goes back to the decision of the 9th Circus Court. :mrgreen: Trump can rewrite it to cover green cards and immigrants already living here so they can leave and return. This will also be a quicker way.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2017, 9:23 pm

It doesn't make sense to bar green card holders. Why would anybody think such a thing?

THEY ARE IN THIS COUNTRY LEGALLY.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2017, 10:35 pm

So you learn from your mistakes. You go back to the drawing board and try again. No biggie.

Darn, I flunked.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

10 Feb 2017, 10:41 pm

It's not a mistake and it's totally legal despite what the the loopy 9th Circuit might say, they are thankfully talking about legislation to break up the 9th circuit.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2017, 11:24 pm

Jacoby wrote:
It's not a mistake and it's totally legal despite what the the loopy 9th Circuit might say, they are thankfully talking about legislation to break up the 9th circuit.

Really. That's interesting. I think Trump should tweak it and fight it in the lower courts with the Supreme Court being last resort.

Darn, I flunked.

Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2017, 12:59 am

Why ban foreign-born Muslims from entering the U.S., when most of the violence in the country is committed by U.S.-born Christians? :? :? :?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2017, 4:38 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
It doesn't make sense to bar green card holders. Why would anybody think such a thing?

Because the people who devised this idiot ban are racists who could care less about legalities when it comes to excluding people.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2017, 5:29 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Because the people who devised this idiot ban are racists who could care less about legalities when it comes to excluding people.
I disagree it is mainly just ignorant.

Their is something genuine we should fear about Islamic culture.

Lindsey Graham, one of the few Republicans I admire had an interesting take on this. If we alienate and mistreat Muslims it is more likely many of them will resent US society.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2017, 5:31 am

Shahunshah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Lindsey Graham, one of the few Republicans I admire had an interesting take on this. If we alienate and mistreat Muslims it is more likely many of them will resent US society.

But that doesn't mean we need to fear every Muslim wanting to come to our country. No more than we had to fear every German immigrant during the Nazi era.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2017, 5:41 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

But that doesn't mean we need to fear every Muslim wanting to come to our country. No more than we had to fear every German immigrant during the Nazi era.
Islamic culture is fundamentally opposed to Western culture.

A Nazi visiting the USA in the 30s would be able to see eye to eye on many things with the local people.

sonicallysensitive
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Feb 2017, 6:35 am

Barchan wrote:
Why ban foreign-born Muslims from entering the U.S., when most of the violence in the country is committed by U.S.-born Christians? :? :? :?
Is the ban a ban on all foreign-born Muslims?

If I'm Christian and from one of the countries from the banned list, would I also be banned from entry?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2017, 7:48 am

The ban was on all refugees, period, for 120 days, and all citizens from the seven Muslim-majority countries for 90 days.

sonicallysensitive
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Feb 2017, 8:16 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
The ban was on all refugees, period, for 120 days, and all citizens from the seven Muslim-majority countries for 90 days.

I just read online that Iran has nearly 500,000 Christians.

Is this a Christian ban?