Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 3:36 am

Asperger Syndrome + Sensory Processing Disorder

OCD - Instrusive thoughts of harming others and myself, they come in shape of mental images and I can see them happening. Relatively milder compulsions. Compulsions used to be a lot worse growing up.

Social Phobia - I'm diagnosed with it but I don't think I have it. It's just the social problems that come with ASD.

Depression with psychotic features - hearing voices

Selective mutism

Synaesthesia - I can see the smells.

Tibergrace
Raven
Raven

16 Jan 2018, 3:50 am

komamanga wrote:

Isn't hearing voices one of the weirdest things? It wasn't until after I had stopped experiencing psychosis that I figured out (through asking people who were around me at the time) whether the voices were real. I heard a lot of people behind me (not real) going "shhhhhh" when I was talking, I heard people talking about me who weren't, I heard people say things like "interesting, it looks like she can't read lips" and I heard all sorts of other things, which I totally thought were actually real, at the time. It all sounded 100% real, and it was really scary to learn that it was all hallucinated, after the fact.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 4:03 am

Aspergers

Being social in a group of more than 2 people.

Understanding people in noisy crowds. Unsure if this is an Audio Processing issue.

Bad short term memory, particularly for numbers.

Inconsistent sleep pattern.

Nylon/Spandex (Zentai suit) Fetishism.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spandex_fetishism
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zentai

I don't even know how or why my brain latched onto this. It is a bizarre part of my life, but I get so much pleasure out of it I'll never give it up. As a sensory experience, I think it has a therapeutic effect on me to. I sleep in these suits every night.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 4:13 am

Tibergrace wrote:
komamanga wrote:

Isn't hearing voices one of the weirdest things? It wasn't until after I had stopped experiencing psychosis that I figured out (through asking people who were around me at the time) whether the voices were real. I heard a lot of people behind me (not real) going "shhhhhh" when I was talking, I heard people talking about me who weren't, I heard people say things like "interesting, it looks like she can't read lips" and I heard all sorts of other things, which I totally thought were actually real, at the time. It all sounded 100% real, and it was really scary to learn that it was all hallucinated, after the fact.

Most of the time I know the voices can't be real. Because the person that a voice belongs to is far away from where I am and I'm mostly alone. But sometimes in public places I hear voices that I think are real but end up not. Like this one time when I was at the airport and there was an announcement calling me to the information desk because I dropped my passport. When I checked, I had my passport with me and the information desk told me there hadn't been such an announcement.

Tibergrace
Raven
Raven

16 Jan 2018, 5:50 am

komamanga wrote:
Tibergrace wrote:
komamanga wrote:

Most of the time I know the voices can't be real. Because the person that a voice belongs to is far away from where I am and I'm mostly alone. But sometimes in public places I hear voices that I think are real but end up not. Like this one time when I was at the airport and there was an announcement calling me to the information desk because I dropped my passport. When I checked, I had my passport with me and the information desk told me there hadn't been such an announcement.

Ahh, for me it only happened when I was around other people. That said, I spent very little time alone during the acute stage of psychosis.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 6:18 am

^ That's better when you're not alone. When you're alone the voices can really consume you.

Nekomonster
Toucan
Toucan

24 Feb 2018, 2:30 pm

High functioning autistic, disordered eating, body dysmorphia, on-and-off gender dysphoria, anxiety, depression with "some slight obsessive-compulsive tendencies" (how the doctor said it in her diagnosis).

I'm real fun at parties.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 7:25 pm

Other than having AS, I also have Generalized Anxiety Disorder.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Feb 2018, 3:43 am

I don't think I have some of the things I was diagnosed with & I have some things that weren't diagnosed. I'll just list what I believe I have :arrow:

~Aspergers
~ADD(inattentive ADHD nowadays or something like that)
~Dyslexia, Dysgraphia & Dyscalculia(told the issues of the ladder two were symptoms of my dyslexia)
~OCD
~Generalized Anxiety Disorder
~Panic Disorder(not quite sure I have this)
~Depression

My General Practitioner diagnosed me with Agoraphobia too but I'm not sure if I have it. It may be Social Anxiety or Avoidant Personality Disorder. It may also really be my GAD & Panic Disorder or it may be some combination of the things I listed here.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2018, 8:52 am

Asperger syndrome (self-diagnosed), anxiety and sometimes, panic attacks

Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2018, 9:49 am

Aspergers, depression, psychosis (unspecified non-organic).

I've overcome my depression and have my psychosis under control after 7 years of chaos. Am here to learn more about my Aspergers, since I have to live with it. I don't quite qualify for schizophrenia, at least not since the voices recently disappeared. Going in the right direction.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

05 Apr 2018, 6:00 am

I forgot to mention that I may have a possible delusional disorder. I've also been through a bad psychotic depression & I've had lots of symptoms of Borderline Personality Disorder & Codependency but I don't think I would qualify for those diagnoses now thou I was diagnosed with em in the past.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2018, 6:36 pm

Classic Autism
Bipolar I Disorder
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder-Combined Type
Generalized Anxiety Disorder