Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Tibergrace
Raven
Raven

16 Jan 2018, 2:30 am

Aspergers
ADHD
PTSD

I'm pretty high functioning in regards to my aspergers, but I had a lot of good early intervention since I was diagnosed when I was 7 or 8. The ADHD was also diagnosed back then, and isn't really much of a problem with medication. I developed PTSD after years of bone breaking abuse in a domestic relationship.

Related to my PTSD I've also experienced psychosis for one 3-4 week period, so that is another "diagnosis" that had been put on me at one point. It was a pretty extreme experience I would never want to repeat, though I don't think I'll ever repeat it. I was hallucinating pretty strongly at the end of it, mainly auditory hallucinations but also some visual hallucinations. It felt like an eternity.

I also have experienced a lot of dissociation in relation to my PTSD. Whenever I'm in a high stress situation and my adrenaline really starts flowing, I dissociate and it's like I'm watching a movie of myself being in the situation, from first person view, and I'm just sitting there watching myself do whatever it is I wind up doing. Occasionally I will dissociate when I'm thinking of certain events, as well, or when triggered by things that remind me of the past, or I'll kind of just be in my own little world totally oblivious to the outside world.

Occasionally (every day but not too often) I will see things that aren't there in my peripheral vision, mainly just something moving, or I will for a short time visually recognize things incorrectly - for example, sometimes someone will have an object in their hand like a stick, and for a few moments I will see a knife in their hand, like outright hallucinate a realistic knife in their hand instead of whatever it is they're really holding.

I have felt depressed and even suicidal in the past, but I've never been able to commit acts of self-harm, or attempt suicide. I don't think I'm capable of either, or I probably wouldn't be typing this post right now. No depression before or after the trauma, only during.

The only drug I take every day is bupropion. I do also have diazepam (valium) for emergencies.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 3:36 am

Asperger Syndrome + Sensory Processing Disorder

OCD - Instrusive thoughts of harming others and myself, they come in shape of mental images and I can see them happening. Relatively milder compulsions. Compulsions used to be a lot worse growing up.

Social Phobia - I'm diagnosed with it but I don't think I have it. It's just the social problems that come with ASD.

Depression with psychotic features - hearing voices

Selective mutism

Synaesthesia - I can see the smells.

Tibergrace
Raven
Raven

16 Jan 2018, 3:50 am

komamanga wrote:

Isn't hearing voices one of the weirdest things? It wasn't until after I had stopped experiencing psychosis that I figured out (through asking people who were around me at the time) whether the voices were real. I heard a lot of people behind me (not real) going "shhhhhh" when I was talking, I heard people talking about me who weren't, I heard people say things like "interesting, it looks like she can't read lips" and I heard all sorts of other things, which I totally thought were actually real, at the time. It all sounded 100% real, and it was really scary to learn that it was all hallucinated, after the fact.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 4:03 am

Aspergers

Being social in a group of more than 2 people.

Understanding people in noisy crowds. Unsure if this is an Audio Processing issue.

Bad short term memory, particularly for numbers.

Inconsistent sleep pattern.

Nylon/Spandex (Zentai suit) Fetishism.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spandex_fetishism
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zentai

I don't even know how or why my brain latched onto this. It is a bizarre part of my life, but I get so much pleasure out of it I'll never give it up. As a sensory experience, I think it has a therapeutic effect on me to. I sleep in these suits every night.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 4:13 am

Tibergrace wrote:
komamanga wrote:

Isn't hearing voices one of the weirdest things? It wasn't until after I had stopped experiencing psychosis that I figured out (through asking people who were around me at the time) whether the voices were real. I heard a lot of people behind me (not real) going "shhhhhh" when I was talking, I heard people talking about me who weren't, I heard people say things like "interesting, it looks like she can't read lips" and I heard all sorts of other things, which I totally thought were actually real, at the time. It all sounded 100% real, and it was really scary to learn that it was all hallucinated, after the fact.

Most of the time I know the voices can't be real. Because the person that a voice belongs to is far away from where I am and I'm mostly alone. But sometimes in public places I hear voices that I think are real but end up not. Like this one time when I was at the airport and there was an announcement calling me to the information desk because I dropped my passport. When I checked, I had my passport with me and the information desk told me there hadn't been such an announcement.

Tibergrace
Raven
Raven

16 Jan 2018, 5:50 am

komamanga wrote:
Tibergrace wrote:
komamanga wrote:

Most of the time I know the voices can't be real. Because the person that a voice belongs to is far away from where I am and I'm mostly alone. But sometimes in public places I hear voices that I think are real but end up not. Like this one time when I was at the airport and there was an announcement calling me to the information desk because I dropped my passport. When I checked, I had my passport with me and the information desk told me there hadn't been such an announcement.

Ahh, for me it only happened when I was around other people. That said, I spent very little time alone during the acute stage of psychosis.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 6:18 am

^ That's better when you're not alone. When you're alone the voices can really consume you.

Nekomonster
Toucan
Toucan

24 Feb 2018, 2:30 pm

High functioning autistic, disordered eating, body dysmorphia, on-and-off gender dysphoria, anxiety, depression with "some slight obsessive-compulsive tendencies" (how the doctor said it in her diagnosis).

I'm real fun at parties.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 7:25 pm

Other than having AS, I also have Generalized Anxiety Disorder.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Feb 2018, 3:43 am

I don't think I have some of the things I was diagnosed with & I have some things that weren't diagnosed. I'll just list what I believe I have :arrow:

~Aspergers
~ADD(inattentive ADHD nowadays or something like that)
~Dyslexia, Dysgraphia & Dyscalculia(told the issues of the ladder two were symptoms of my dyslexia)
~OCD
~Generalized Anxiety Disorder
~Panic Disorder(not quite sure I have this)
~Depression

My General Practitioner diagnosed me with Agoraphobia too but I'm not sure if I have it. It may be Social Anxiety or Avoidant Personality Disorder. It may also really be my GAD & Panic Disorder or it may be some combination of the things I listed here.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2018, 8:52 am

Asperger syndrome (self-diagnosed), anxiety and sometimes, panic attacks

Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2018, 9:49 am

Aspergers, depression, psychosis (unspecified non-organic).

I've overcome my depression and have my psychosis under control after 7 years of chaos. Am here to learn more about my Aspergers, since I have to live with it. I don't quite qualify for schizophrenia, at least not since the voices recently disappeared. Going in the right direction.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

05 Apr 2018, 6:00 am

I forgot to mention that I may have a possible delusional disorder. I've also been through a bad psychotic depression & I've had lots of symptoms of Borderline Personality Disorder & Codependency but I don't think I would qualify for those diagnoses now thou I was diagnosed with em in the past.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2018, 6:36 pm

Classic Autism
Bipolar I Disorder
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder-Combined Type
Generalized Anxiety Disorder