Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

The Powerpuff Girls
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Feb 2017, 2:47 am

I've made this thread as a thread to get to know people and understand people better.
Also, it is good to talk about your mental health issues. I hope it serves as a great platform for people who always wanted to talk about, but never had the opportunity, as I.

It doesn't have to be laid out and detailed like mine.

Autism:
Lack of communication skills.
Not being able to see/pick up certain signs, reading/understanding people.
Unable to clearly say my perspective; be concise.
High sensitivity, both physical and emotional.
Lacking interests; limited interests.
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (Mild).
Sensory Overload at times.

Avoidand Personality Disorder (AVPD):

Hypersensitivity to rejection.
Extreme shyness or anxiety in social situations, though the person feels a strong desire for close relationships.
Avoids physical contact because it has been associated with an unpleasant or painful stimulus.
Feelings of inadequacy.
Drastically-reduced or absent self-esteem.
Self-loathing.
Autophobia (Fear of being unliked, unloved, and/or ignored).
Mistrust of others or oneself; exhibits heightened self-doubt.
Highly self-conscious.
Problems in occupational functioning.
Feeling inferior to others.
Uses fantasy as a form of escapism to interrupt painful thoughts.
Highly sensitive to anger and anger-like tone.
Stress.

Borderline Personality Disorder:
Chronic feeling of emptiness.
Unable or hard to control anger.
Depression.
Unstable self-image and sense of self.

Complex Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder:
Anger outbursts.
Chronic brain fog.
Episode/Event Amnesia (unable to remember when a specific thing happened to me, or explain how it happened, only that it happened).
Easily Overwhelmed.
Chronic Insomnia.
Hypervigilance.
Fear of judgemental, and being taken advantage of.
Fear of neglect, abandonment.
Flashbacks/Intrusive thoughts/memories.
Fear of my future.
Fear of the future in general.
Depression.
Suicidal.
Stress.

Schizotypal personality disorder (STPD):
Fear of generally not being liked,
General fear that people generally are harbouring bad thoughts about me
Fear of being rejected.
Stress.

Depression:
Feeling Empty.
Wishing I had friends to hang out with.
Longing for the past, when times were better.
Longing to be around people that I was around when I was younger.
Withdrawn.
Suicidal.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (Mild):
Possibly derived from Autism.
Showing perfectionism that interferes with task completion (e.g., is unable to complete a project because his or her own overly strict standards are not met).
Certain things have to be a certain way, usually computer related.
Like it used to bother me that people would use Internet Explorer or Google Chrome instead of Firefox.

Transgender:
Extreme jealousy of other girls (being able to be themselves, act like a girl, have girl friend bonds, strong bonds, like BFFs, etc).
Extreme anxiety caused by jealousy of other girls.
I get nauseated, feeling week, hot flashes, and my heart is being ripped out of my chest.
Stress.
Gender Dysphoria.
Self-Loathing.
Depression.
Suicidal.

Other:
Extreme discomfort/uneasiness (Autism/CPTSD).
Chronic cankers sores, presumed to be caused by stress.
Robot-like at times.
Chronic thoughts/addicted to thoughts of disasters, people I know in a disaster, despite I don’t wish that to happen.
Commonly misreading words, at least a few times a week, probably derived from brain fog.
Impulsiveness: Speaking or acting on emotion, rather than logical.
Switching to multiple personality and random times, although I am aware I do it, triggers are unknown.
Feeling ‘intimately’ close to people I have no relationship with, such as a stranger, usually accompanied with feelings as if I really know them or have known them a long time.
Offset body language/expression; causing others to misjudge me, get bad vibes about me.

idonthaveanickname
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Feb 2017, 2:43 pm

I have depression, anxiety, Asperger's, Borderline Personality Disorder and Bipolar Type II. I must have had these all my life, but haven't been diagnosed with the depression until after I graduated high school. My diagnosis of anxiety was a few years after that, Asperger's in 2010, BPD in 2015 and Bipolar Type II also, I think, in 2015 or early 2016. With my Asperger's, I get bouts of depression, social anxiety, clumsiness, focus only on details, easily startled, sensitivity to loud noises and can only focus on one thing at a time. With my BPD, I have abandonment issues, feelings of emptiness, feel like I have to be complete with everything and am not good with relationships because I become so obsessed with whomever I'm in a relationship with that it becomes problematic. As far as my diagnosis of Bipolar Type II, my mood just seems to change unexpectedly from day to day, sometimes hour by hour for no reason, but it's subtle. Oh, I forgot to mention addiction to alcohol and drugs. However, I've been off both of those for 5 months now and hopefully I'll stay sober for the rest of my life; not just for my sake, but for my 2 daughters.

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2017, 1:15 pm

I've had major depression and anxiety for a long portion of my life. In and out of hospital after my 13th birthday due to this issue and the things it sometimes brings about. I was a bit of a nightmare teen. Late adolescence I developed an eating disorder, though this compared to everything else is the only thing never formally diagnosed. I suspect it also dealt a lot of unseen, physical damage that I possibly may be feeling only now. I managed to 'throw it off' in my own way, helped along by the array of books, blogs and articles read consistently over that period of improvement, but as with depression I suspect one can never fully rid themselves of all the traces. And before that I had to 'want' to improve and stop imagining that dying was the best thing that could happen to me. In this light, both depression and the eating disorder were always proportional: if one got bad, the other slipped too.
Then of course November last year which I'll never forget, I was diagnosed with Aspergers. Initially I felt stupid because of how confused I was regarding this business about Aspergers falling into the 'ASD' category; beforehand I had no idea and wondered why I'd gone into an Asperger's evaluation and come out with 'ASD'. After that many things did slowly start falling into place, quite ironically like the celebrated jigsaw puzzle piece. I now feel strongly for those out there with any form of autism yet to gain an official diagnosis as it did help me to sort myself out internally a great deal, in a comparatively tiny period of time.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2017, 3:26 am

I'm autistic with a generous helping of PTSD, anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, substance abuse disorder, BPD and AvPD. Since symptoms do tend to overlap, I'll just state a few things about me.

Very low self esteem
Extreme black & white thinking
Isolates
Friendless
Homeless
Anger quite easily so I avoid people
Very focused. Will gladly burn the midnight oil trying to complete what I've begun.
Make do with 2-3 hours of sleep/night
Not very trusting
Have no control on my extreme behaviours
Given to reckless behaviours
Always hurry to get things done because I think I'm going to die within the next hour or so
Given to random bouts of extreme depression and have attempted suicide
Manic episodes have landed me in jail
Can't keep friends to save my life
Lacking in all the social graces
Avoids funerals, weddings, get togethers and parties like the plague
Can't relate to people my age
Doesn't do well with changes

Zombini
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Feb 2017, 1:44 pm

Ive been diagnosed with aspergers since I was a kid and I recently found out that I have bipolar disorder too and it runs in my family.

person01
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Feb 2017, 6:27 pm

Generalized Anxiety Disorder
Social Anxiety Disorder
Therapist stated I have traits of a borderline personality disorder but that was all she said. She never gives me details
OCD or potentially autism? She said a lot of things I was mentioning sounded like autism but when I told her I think my developmental milestones were typical as a child she did not mention it again during that visit.

Hippygoth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Feb 2017, 5:56 pm

ASD, anxiety, depression and what I suspect is PTSD. Plus possibly ADHD.

ranthaman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Feb 2017, 12:01 am

As I kid they'd say adhd, in my early 20s I got bipolar mixed with psychotic features and borderline personality disorder, with anxiety disorder slapped to the list without me knowing haha.
However, I'm unsure of the bipolar now as I've been through DBT (dialectical behavioral therapy) and have come nearly off all meds of 4+ years, and recently as of the past year learned of autism which the online tests come positive for

So we will see

I had not known people could have the same diagnosises I am labeled as AND also has ASD

very informative everyone thank you!

AspieQuiz: 139/200 ND, 53/200 NT
MBTI type: ISTJ

pokeystinker
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Mar 2017, 12:48 pm

Officially diagnosed with AS, depression, anxiety, and a very low processing speed (2nd percentile, part of "brain fog"). Suspect that I have ADD/ADHD, sensory processing disorder(I have a very sensitive gag reflex that makes life even more hellish), and possibly mild AvPD.

Inomad2017
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Dec 2017, 3:05 pm

I have plenty of things just like you! execpt PSTD Borderline personality disorder. I have OCD, PDD, Nos Schizoaffective, Depression, General Anxiety and Panic, I am an Aspie. So in some senses we have the same problems but differences.

caffeinekid
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Dec 2017, 3:11 pm

I'd really like to know to be honest. I know I have problems with social interaction etc, but when I went to a psychiatrist he seemed more interested in plying me with pills than listening to me and making a judgement on what he thought my underlying issues/conditions might be.

He just kept saying "Even if it is something like that, there isn't a cure you know!" I know there isn't but it's about understanding myself, not about you trying to fix me. :(

I'm not very good with pushing forward and get overwhelmed and just disappear back into the background so I'm not being a bother to anyone - probably why I've fallen through the cracks for almost 50 years now.

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2017, 6:25 pm

Functional Neurological Disorder
Major Depressive Disorder
Anxiety
PTSD
Dyscalculia
Attention Deficit Disorder
Asperger's

LittleCoyoteKat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2018, 2:30 am

Complex PTSD.

Anxiety.

Depression.

Insomnia.

Diagnosis pending on Autism but the odds are low. (initially I wrote high, I keep getting them confused. High means unlikely *repeats to self several times*)

I am a Bookwyrm.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2018, 11:45 pm

Aspergers
ADD
Borderline personality disorder
OCD - extremely severe as a teenager, afraid to breathe due to fear of germs. Still present enough as an adult to cause major distress.
Severe anxiety
I don’t know if I have depression, I think my depressive thoughts are caused by BPD
Body dysmorphia
Mild Tourettes

I’m militant not to go on more drugs. 3 types is enough for my body to cope with.

What’s right with me?
:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

saimand
Raven
Raven

14 Jan 2018, 3:08 pm

Anxiety, depression, aspergers.Tics and selective muztism are gone at the moment but those two keep coming back in cycles, and ednos. Basically I hate myself and am infantile suicidal adult which is still emotionally a kid

Tibergrace
Raven
Raven

16 Jan 2018, 2:30 am

Aspergers
ADHD
PTSD

I'm pretty high functioning in regards to my aspergers, but I had a lot of good early intervention since I was diagnosed when I was 7 or 8. The ADHD was also diagnosed back then, and isn't really much of a problem with medication. I developed PTSD after years of bone breaking abuse in a domestic relationship.

Related to my PTSD I've also experienced psychosis for one 3-4 week period, so that is another "diagnosis" that had been put on me at one point. It was a pretty extreme experience I would never want to repeat, though I don't think I'll ever repeat it. I was hallucinating pretty strongly at the end of it, mainly auditory hallucinations but also some visual hallucinations. It felt like an eternity.

I also have experienced a lot of dissociation in relation to my PTSD. Whenever I'm in a high stress situation and my adrenaline really starts flowing, I dissociate and it's like I'm watching a movie of myself being in the situation, from first person view, and I'm just sitting there watching myself do whatever it is I wind up doing. Occasionally I will dissociate when I'm thinking of certain events, as well, or when triggered by things that remind me of the past, or I'll kind of just be in my own little world totally oblivious to the outside world.

Occasionally (every day but not too often) I will see things that aren't there in my peripheral vision, mainly just something moving, or I will for a short time visually recognize things incorrectly - for example, sometimes someone will have an object in their hand like a stick, and for a few moments I will see a knife in their hand, like outright hallucinate a realistic knife in their hand instead of whatever it is they're really holding.

I have felt depressed and even suicidal in the past, but I've never been able to commit acts of self-harm, or attempt suicide. I don't think I'm capable of either, or I probably wouldn't be typing this post right now. No depression before or after the trauma, only during.

The only drug I take every day is bupropion. I do also have diazepam (valium) for emergencies.