Is There Anyone Else Like Me (Child At Heart)?

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

The Powerpuff Girls
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Feb 2017, 3:25 am

I'm a dork. I like unicorns, bath bombs, 90's music (I love pretty much anything 90s, that is my favourite decade) and tons of other random child like things!
My favourite show is probably 'Are You Afraid Of The Dark?', and my favourite episode is 'The Tale Of The Doll Maker' (I love magical things).
I also love The Powerpuff Girls, as you can probably already tell, lol.
I love Spice Girls, Ace Of Base, Garbage, etc.
My favourite colour is pink, second is black.
I love the 90s forest trolls, had a bunch but my Mum gave them away on me as I was too 'old', I guess for them.
I love talking about the 90s and I especially love the way of life, and people were just different, no crazy twilight zone crap like there is now, at least not so much...

I'm slightly absent minded at times, I'm impulsive, random, loud, silly, and overall just a quirky person. I have a temper at times, I don't take crap from people.
I'm in my late 20's (WAH) but still holding on to 12 for as long as I can - LOL.

I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs. I don't like being around people who are drunk, because it saddens me.
I love genuine people who are compassionate and open.

I also like older shows, I love the show Matlock. I like oldies meaning songs from 50s/60s. I grew up listening to oldies stations as did my Dad.
I kind, compassionate girl with a big heart, but also sensitive both physically and mentally. If I get my heart broken, I tend to be revengeful, so I'm not all rainbows and flowers. A little dark and mysterious as well.

I have some issues, both mentally and physically. I can be like a bit of everything in a way. I won't discuss everything, as that'll take too long.

KatyKat_721
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Feb 2017, 8:48 pm

I'm like that too, a child at heart. I love the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I also love stuffed animals :heart:

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2017, 9:50 pm

Why not, I take care of my health, avoiding all drugs/alcohols/cigs/etc.
It's crazy how often I keep getting told that I act like a kid (why am I being called a baby goat anyway!).
I also have a preference for 80s and 90s free-style dance-music in regards to English-language songs anyway.

FreakyZettairyouiki
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Feb 2017, 2:00 am

The Powerpuff Girls wrote:
I'm a dork. I like unicorns, bath bombs, 90's music (I love pretty much anything 90s, that is my favourite decade) and tons of other random child like things!
My favourite show is probably 'Are You Afraid Of The Dark?', and my favourite episode is 'The Tale Of The Doll Maker' (I love magical things).
I also love The Powerpuff Girls, as you can probably already tell, lol.
I love Spice Girls, Ace Of Base, Garbage, etc.
My favourite colour is pink, second is black.
I love the 90s forest trolls, had a bunch but my Mum gave them away on me as I was too 'old', I guess for them.
I love talking about the 90s and I especially love the way of life, and people were just different, no crazy twilight zone crap like there is now, at least not so much...

I'm slightly absent minded at times, I'm impulsive, random, loud, silly, and overall just a quirky person. I have a temper at times, I don't take crap from people.
I'm in my late 20's (WAH) but still holding on to 12 for as long as I can - LOL.

I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs. I don't like being around people who are drunk, because it saddens me.
I love genuine people who are compassionate and open.

I also like older shows, I love the show Matlock. I like oldies meaning songs from 50s/60s. I grew up listening to oldies stations as did my Dad.
I kind, compassionate girl with a big heart, but also sensitive both physically and mentally. If I get my heart broken, I tend to be revengeful, so I'm not all rainbows and flowers. A little dark and mysterious as well.

I have some issues, both mentally and physically. I can be like a bit of everything in a way. I won't discuss everything, as that'll take too long.

Eh some of what you just said fits me to a tee. Especially the quirky part. The way I think is quirky too. Not only do I also like black and pink but thats the name of one of my favorite groups!

solo
Raven
Raven

18 Feb 2017, 2:25 am

Im a bit similar to you because I love the 90s. Grew up in it and love the music, mostly grundge rock (nirvana, bush, smashing pumpkins, mazzy star -"fade into you" teleports me into a dream of a relationship.

grew up watching all the old shows in reruns of course. Mash, Beverly hillbillies, all in the family, hogans heros, jeffersons, Gillian's island, Sanford and son etc. cartoon favs were tom and jerry, denis the menace, ninja turtles, mighty max, ducktails etc. love the old west, always watched gun smoke and bonanza and still do whenever I can along with many documentaries. If you believe in reincarnation, I will be driving somewhere away from civilization and get this overwhelming feeling that I have been there before, yet I never have been. It takes over my body, just out there.

I have always been strange, never really good with people because they never really wanted to get to know me since I was different. Loved playing with my dinosaurs, kinex, Lincoln logs, hotwheels. Still to this day I have most of them displayed in my room along with my working original Nintendo from 1985.

I am a very caring person that very few know. I see the world extremely different. Love being outside away from technology in the woods in the beauty of nature where life is so much simpler. I used to smoke a lot of weed right out of high school till I was 26 until it damaged my health where I can't do it. I can and never will do anything ever again, but it opened my eyes that the world is so much more amazing then most will ever know. I could stare at a bug for hours, same with looking at the stars. Being able to turn your brain off and just be in the moment, sit there with an open mind is amazing. I started just to try it, then I started to have a lot of friends and fun and it was fun, best damn time of my life and something I wish I could recapture but can't. I am as sober as you can get and have no worries of ever doing anything again.

I Watch animals with a childlike wonder which is something most lost. I will be in the middle of work and will save a bug off the sidewalk. I try to take care of everyone and everything. I have such an open mind and wish I could connect with someone like me but I don't believe they exist.

So after my ramblings, I guess parts of me are like you in some ways lol. I will never grow up, growing up is no fun, but I still am an adult

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2017, 2:46 am

I often have a childish way of behaving. I don't put much thought into conforming and in the class ask questions and typically say what's on my mind.

Canary
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2017, 9:25 pm

Don't know what a bath bomb is, but I still like cartoons. They cheer me up. Don't drink anymore, never smoked.

Ban-Dodger wrote:
Why not, I take care of my health, avoiding all drugs/alcohols/cigs/etc.
It's crazy how often I keep getting told that I act like a kid (why am I being called a baby goat anyway!).
I also have a preference for 80s and 90s free-style dance-music in regards to English-language songs anyway.

Baa!

blueblood
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Mar 2018, 3:00 pm

I am defiantly a child at heart and even though i can be mature when needed i am just a natural child at heart and still even love things from my younger days like veggie tales. 8)

banana247
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Mar 2018, 11:30 am

Definitely child-like, but not childISH. I'm clever and quite mature, but like a child in many ways.

Being autistic means that i have at least one new grand epiphany almost everyday about humankind or the world around me. I think most people stop having these "aha" moments in in their teens, but I continue to have them and probably always will... I think there is a childlike wonderment that comes with this constant state of earth shattering discovery. (Like literally... I'm pretty smart and know a lot, but my mind is blown all the time. :lol: )

I also have the "no filter" way of speaking that I think a lot of us have, that blunt honesty that catches people by surprise and lets me say things that others just wouldn't. Sometimes it's innapropriate or offensive, but mostly, I think it just comes off as a childlike curiosity. It makes people chuckle and they usually answer honestly. I don't generally realize that what I'm saying is unusual and I think that makes it even more funny (or odd) to others. Since it comes from a place of naivety, (kind) people aren't weirded out by it.

I don't think I look young but almost everyone else seems to think so. I usually ask people to guess, and they guess like 6-10 years younger than I am. When I meet people who are less than ten years younger than me, we both almost always think that I'm the younger one. We're both usually shocked to find out that I'm older. I often avoid the age question just because relationships tend to go smoother if they think I'm younger :lol: If they find out I'm older, my behavior still stays the same, so we probably still interact as though I'm the younger one.

I also tend to be wiggly, doing odd things like jumping up and down or hitting people with the arms of my sweater :lol: I guess these are ways that I stim, because if i stifle them, I am pretty on edge and uncomfortable. But I know this kind of fidgety excess energy is also typical of kids.

I also get along really well with kids. It's because I level with them, so I respect them and don't "treat them like kids". They know I'm smarter and bigger so they tend to accept me as their leader :lol: but I connect with them differently that most adults.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2018, 8:28 am

I was actually telling my wife (and I was dead serious) that my true calling in life was to be a children's entertainer/educator like Mister Rogers. I have always found it very easy to relate to children and babies as I tend to be blunt and straightforward. It doesn't hurt that I still have very clear memories of my early childhood and more specifically how I felt.

What's ironic is that as a child I found it much easier to relate to adults and now it's the complete opposite! I even find it much easier to relate to adult women than adult men and notice at my last social gathering there were two "groups", one with 8 men and the other with 5 women. Guess which one I ended up drifting towards? I wonder if it doesn't have to do with my 'child-like' way that I wear my heart on my sleeve?

kineticwaves
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Mar 2018, 9:06 pm

Heya,

I don't find it weird that an older person can like child-like things. In fact, I like some of that music too. I listen to different stuff today but I like some of the dance songs from those decades just cuz they're fun tunes. I like Pokemon, The Powerpuff Girls and other childish cartoon shows. (I also like shows aimed at older people, but that's besides the point). I too also find myself fitting into both the colorful and mysterious molds. I think that's why I like Coraline so much because it's both and Coraline Jones has a certain whimsy.

Anyways, I like cute/kawaii things like unicorns, puppies, and kittens. I love this game called Sonic Colors and dreamworlds and mystical things enchant me.

I have somewhat of a bizarro sense of humor and laugh at things like '3 legged pizza roll' and other stuff that sounds funny and absurd. :lol:

Anyways, even though I have a couple of friends my own age, I tend to make friends with people who are 10+ years older than me or even people who are 13/14. I think I can be pretty much good friends with any person if I relate to them and can have a nice conversation with them. I also connect heavily with pets.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2018, 9:33 pm

my ex-boyfriend said i was very childlike because the way I see the world, my openness and curiosity, in some sort of "pure" way. i'm a bit chaotic person, so i don't really have much hierarchy for things, so i can get really carried away by small and big things, and i like to experiment things with feelings – i like to touch things, i like to hear the sounds things do, to smell etc, i guess this a lot associated on how children experiment the world and a lot of adults kind of lost it.

i still like a few things from my childhood like the book and movie "a little princess", the books "a series of unfortunate events", the animated show "the triplets", and some studio ghibli movies.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 8:46 pm

I am crazy about all things cat-related. I collect cat figurines, stuffed toy cats and cat books. My favorite breed is the Siamese.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2018, 9:01 pm

I wish I could stay forever 11 years old. I was completely happy at that age.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2018, 2:26 am

Ha, join the club. Maturity doesn't mean you have to set aside your interests or avoid certain things because you're "too old". Wisdom comes with time and the acquisition of knowledge, and with it comes a greater sense of who you are, but that's not determined by what you're into.

I actually think it's far more wise to be true to yourself rather than trying to fit some arbitrary idea of who you think society wants you to be. I don't mean you should go out and commit crimes, but if society says you should look, dress and act a certain way and limit yourself to interests from a pre-determined list of what's recommended based on factors like age and gender, society can shove it. Besides, conformity just creates...boring people. People who don't think for themselves and have no interest beyond "what's popular" are just boring IMHO. The same goes for people who don't take the time to enjoy life at all. I mean, the latter often happens out of necessity so it's not necessarily the fault of the individual, but that doesn't make him/her any less boring.

What I mean is, embrace your individuality and do what makes you happy in your free time. You'll be happier and less stressed in the longrun. As long as what makes you happy isn't something criminal, like arson, there's no harm in being yourself. Your individuality is what makes you, you. No one has any right to judge you anyways. All the time wasted worrying about what people think is wasted thought. I'm not suggesting announcing your interests to the world. I mean, if you're the type of person who's that open about who you are, go for it. If you're the type of person who's content just enjoying what you're into when you're alone or with close family and friends, then that's cool too.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2018, 5:22 pm

I act like a little girl when I see a particularly cute cat video-and they're all cute!