Do you believe that Lionel Messi has asperger?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Has he asperger?
Yes but mild 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
Yes moderate 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Yes severe 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No he is just shy 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
No but he has adhd 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
No but he has ocd 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I am not sure 38%  38%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 13

NoName93
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Feb 2017, 10:58 am

I read that Lionel messi probably has asperger initially I didn't believe this but I have noticed some aspie traits in his behavior he doesn't make eye contact, he speaks monotone and his style of speaking is formal, he is aloof with his teammates and when he was a child or teenage he wasn't very social. Do you believe that he has asperger?

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2017, 11:13 am

There are a ton of reasons why someone could seem awkward or uncomfortable when being interviewed on television. I also don't find him particularly monotone, sure he doesn't seem like someone who wants to say a lot and gives rather short answers but I wouldn't say monotone.

NoName93
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Feb 2017, 11:16 am

Biscuitman wrote:
There are a ton of reasons why someone could seem awkward or uncomfortable when being interviewed on television. I also don't find him particularly monotone, sure he doesn't seem like someone who wants to say a lot and gives rather short answers but I wouldn't say monotone.

I don't know but I find his voice monotone but yes there are some people which are unconfortable when they interviwed

mudvins
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Feb 2017, 11:44 am

Not sure, some people thinks its impossible because his motor coordination looks very good. But he looks a lit bit. For example, in individual trophy cerimonies, sometimes looks like he is hidding behind Iniesta and Xavi.

Well, it was a rumor, not only a thing people identifies, so maybe the person sent this rumor know if its true or not.

The first question is: its possible an asperger be so sucessful in sports?

PS: Not related with asperger, but Rafael Nadal is hyperactive (i think), so he has so many routines between plays and changes. It's to keep concentration. Sometimes its only to find a way to dribbling your problem. Yeah, not easy

NoName93
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Feb 2017, 11:52 am

mudvins wrote:
Not sure, some people thinks its impossible because his motor coordination looks very good. But he looks a lit bit. For example, in individual trophy cerimonies, sometimes looks like he is hidding behind Iniesta and Xavi.

Well, it was a rumor, not only a thing people identifies, so maybe the person sent this rumor know if its true or not.

PS: Not related with asperger, but Rafael Nadal is hyperactive (i think), so he has so many routines between plays and changes. It's to keep concentration. Sometimes its only to find a way to dribbling your problem. Yeah, not easy

I don't really know if an aspie can be excellent in sports I know some aspies which are averadge in sports (more individual than teams) but I have never meet an aspie which is super athletic,but probably exists if messi has asperger is probably the exception of the rule in every rule there are exceptions

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2017, 12:17 pm

Nowhere near the same level obviously but I sprinted for my town against other towns and cities, played for my local football team as a kid and was put forward for a trial with my local professional club (I never went along), and i generally pick up most sports really quickly. One of my favourite things to do is stand in the back garden juggling a football and performing tricks.

Having good coordination and being sporty was one of my main reasons for not being an aspie (I took a for and against list along with me) but I was diagnosed last year and they said it was not a factor that rules AS out

Last edited by Biscuitman on 12 Feb 2017, 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NoName93
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Feb 2017, 12:28 pm

Biscuitman wrote:
Nowhere near the same level obviously but I sprinted for my town against other towns and cities, played for my local football team as a kid and was put forward for a trial with my local professional club (I never went along), and i generally pick up most sports really quickly. One of my favourite things to do is stand in the back garden juggling a football and performing tricks.

Having good coordination and being sporty was one of my main reasons for not being an aspie (I took a for and against list along with me) but I was diagnosed last year and they said it was a factor that rules AS out

I believe that not all aspies have bad coordination I am clumsy at team sports but I am not too bad at idividual sports and I work out allmost every day until a few years ago I went to the gym but I stoped for some reasons and I can be in good physical condition but I am not super athletic, but I believe that you have asperger if you have the other aspie traits except bad coordination

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2017, 12:35 pm

NoName93 wrote:
mudvins wrote:

I don't really know if an aspie can be excellent in sports I know some aspies which are averadge in sports (more individual than teams) but I have never meet an aspie which is super athletic,but probably exists if messi has asperger is probably the exception of the rule in every rule there are exceptions

Clay Marzo

Mike Brannigan
Teen Runner With Autism Shatters 4:00 Mile Barrier

Kiley Lyall
Kiley Lyall First Runner with Autism Voted Women's Running Cover Girl

These are top athletes in solo sports, team sports is probably more problematic but not impossible.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

NoName93
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Feb 2017, 12:39 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
NoName93 wrote:
mudvins wrote:

Clay Marzo

Mike Brannigan
Teen Runner With Autism Shatters 4:00 Mile Barrier

Kiley Lyall
Kiley Lyall First Runner with Autism Voted Women's Running Cover Girl

These are top athletes in solo sports, teams sports is probably more problematic but not impossible.

Yes people with asperger or autism usually are better in solo sports rather than team sports

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2017, 12:28 am

Students with autism take on National Karate Championship

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

NoName93
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Feb 2017, 10:26 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:

with aspergers or with classic autism?
I have met aspies who are gifted in science or in art(music,drawing etc) or in computers programming and videogames but I have never met an aspie who is gifted in sports probably exists but I have never met yet