Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2017, 4:29 pm

One of my major cognitive issues is with organising and planning . You could say I'm fairly disorganised. Tasks needing a sequence of actions are problematic. I've yet to be put on a medication that really helps with this.
However in terms of thought disorder or disorganised speech the only things I can relate to are occasionally losing my train of thought or a slight tendency towards stilted speech.

It can be difficult at times to organise my thoughts.If I try to think too much then I can get anxious and overwhelmed .
I tend to lead a rather simple life- eat,drink,sleep,watch tv and internet(forums,check emails, check rss feeds and twitter for articles to post) . The checking rss feeds and twitter requires a narrow, single minded focus rather than sequential thinking hence why it is an easier thing for me to do.

sweetperfume
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Feb 2017, 2:54 pm

Do you know if you have executive dysfunction?

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2017, 11:53 pm

I have never been officially tested for executive dysfunction but my psychiatric notes mention difficulty with planning.
About a decade ago I did the brain test mentioned here http://www.schizophrenia.com/sznews/arc ... 04531.html.
I scored average to above average on everything except executive function . On that I performed about 1.5- 2 SD below average.

I tried the brain games at cognifit and was scoring 46 for planning.The scale goes up to 800.The average 60 year old scores around 400 .

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran