Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

DrewLewis
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Feb 2017, 4:58 pm

It seems that more and more people are becoming mean-spirited, selfish, and rude. Plus it would seem some people don't even respect each other anymore. It's always me, me, me.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2017, 8:16 am

I think there's much room for kindness.

And that there are many kind people. We are "the silent majority."

We have to rebel against all the crap sometime! Trump has provided us with much impetus to rebel.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2017, 9:12 am

There has never been room for kindness at any time in this world. It just gets worse as the millennia pass.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 7:40 am

I think there's room. But it must be deliberate and most importantly, not fall into the trap of "me" all over again with "everyone should be kind to me, but I don't have to be kind to others" or worse "I will only be kind to others as long as they are kind to me."
I was having this (pointless) discussion with someone who advocates the perspective of "they deserved it."
They deserved it, so that justified their own bad behaviour. I don't agree. How you behave should be to your own standards in my view, not based on how others choose to behave.
Aaaaaany minute now, I'm going to be accused of being "holier than thou," so here's the disclaimer - this is just my opinion and not a fact, I'm not sneakily suggesting anyone here behaves badly, or suggesting my own behaviour is perfect, all the time. I can be just as much of a sh!t as anyone.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 7:45 am

I think if you're nice to someone they should be nice back because that's simple and not being a c**t.