Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

DrewLewis
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Feb 2017, 5:07 pm

My favorite is Nintendo 3ds, Gameboy advance and Sega gamegear. But I like to know what other great handheld systems are there.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2017, 1:10 am

I liked the original Gameboy alot. I had many games for it.

As they got more advanced I had less and less interest though.

These days my portable gaming gizmo of choice is my iPad, as nothing else is offering the sorts of games I'm typically after (by which I mean more "hardcore" games, and yes I realize that's not what's usually associated with iOS, but most people also dont bother looking beyond the App Store's awful surface, so how would they know?)

I also used the PSP alot for awhile, but that was almost entirely for Monster Hunter. Pretty much it's entire purpose.

Never cared about Sega much.

I do have a 3DS currently, but it doesnt get much use. My opinion on it tends to be sorta "meh".

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 1:03 pm

DS Lite, PSP and Gameboy Advance SP are my handhelds I enjoy the most.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Real_Avillemedia
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Feb 2017, 4:11 pm

I used to like the PSP a lot but the UMD drive door mechanism is fragile , I get error messages saying "do you want to quit the game"
or something to that effect and I suspect there's something wrong with the UMD drive. or a switch detecting if the door is closed.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2017, 6:39 pm

I prefer the 3DS.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

flownawy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Feb 2017, 10:17 am

Real_Avillemedia wrote:
I used to like the PSP a lot but the UMD drive door mechanism is fragile , I get error messages saying "do you want to quit the game"
or something to that effect and I suspect there's something wrong with the UMD drive. or a switch detecting if the door is closed.

get a PSP Go and you have nice flash memory

i have now most fun with PSP and it also has emulators for nintendo ;)

so maybe one day i will get a 3ds, but will take i think.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2017, 11:48 pm

I used to have a an early model PSP that I loaded a bunch of emulators and homebrew apps onto, and it was fun to use, but the battery life was poor and the system itself did not stand up well to abuse. I eventually ended up giving it to a friend of mine, which is a decision I still regret to this day.