Is IT a good career for aspie female? please help

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Smart blondie28
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Feb 2017, 6:30 am

Such as stystems analyst or something that's rewarding. How much training is needed and a job where your not in the office and your travelling.

Recently I'm thinking careers in computers suit my strengths and skills.

ok
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Feb 2017, 5:53 pm

Well, it surely depends on who you are and whether IT interests you. It's complex work, and it requires analytical skills and a good memory. Some aspies have this, but not all of us. Women are rarely seen in IT jobs, but I've heard things are changing and more and more women are entering IT.

I'm not sure what you mean by "a job where your not in the office and your travelling" - of course you have to be in an office to do that kind of job, and travelling is usually not a part of it - well, you may have to go to other branches of your company to do work there. But it's hardly travelling around the globe. If you freelance, you can work from home if that is what you mean.

You always a college degree to become a systems analyst or a software developer - with a few exceptions here and there.

kdm1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Feb 2017, 10:43 am

I'm a substitute teacher, but I sometimes help out in the school district's IT department as "extra help" when they need it (I get scheduled through a temp employment agency). I like the work. There are a couple of women in the IT department. They seem to do fine. Traveling is required when the schools need someone to help them with computer problems on-site.

So I think it's worth a shot for you.

Smart blondie28
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Feb 2017, 5:21 pm

Thanks for comments/advice

Unsure if it's me though. I figure it out eventually