Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

jmncrr000
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Feb 2017, 3:33 pm

My question for people here is about prescription drugs, and people who take them. I would like to know what prescription drugs people take, and what they take them for, and what dosage and length of time they have been taking them. I currently take two antidepressants. Wellbutrin 300mg for 21 months, and paroxetine 20mg for 15 years. I also take .75 mg of risperidone for anger and irritabiltiy associated with autism for 2 years. I appreciate anybody else who wants to share what they take, and there experience.
Thank you

Fraser_1990
Toucan
Toucan

14 Feb 2017, 3:38 pm

I don't currently take anything on prescription. I do however take a range of suppliments outlined in my signature below the post.

liveandrew
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Feb 2017, 4:00 pm

I have diazepam for severe tension headaches as I'm allergic to NSAIDs. I'm extremely careful with them and I've had the same box for about 5 years - I really need to replace them :) I try to use stretching exercises as much as possible.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 46 of 200

Listener of all things noisy, viewer of all things bloody, writer of all things sh*t.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 4:29 pm

Clonazepam 0.5mg prn
Mirtazapine 30mg ODT qhs
Seroquel 100mg qhs
Hydroxyzine 25mg prn
Ranitidine 150mg bid
Reactine 10mg prn
Benadryl 25-50mg prn
Cholestyramine 4g prn
Zolpidem 5mg qhs
Melatonin 10mg qhs prn
Lopiramide 4mg prn
Long acting acetaminophen 1500mg bid
Medical Cannibas (just started today, hope to replace several medications with it)

I have been on dozens and dozens of prescription meds of all kinds in the last 12 years.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 4:52 pm

I have recently just stopped all my meds as I don't think they were helping.

Noca wrote:
Medical Cannibas (just started today, hope to replace several medications with it)

I have been on dozens and dozens of prescription meds of all kinds in the last 12 years.

How many meds do you hope the cannabis will replace ? Are you gonna smoke , vape, eat or something else?
Have you researched what strains will be best for you or does the dispensary help with that.
If it's not too personal what conditions do you hope the cannabis will help?

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 4:12 pm

SaveFerris wrote:

Noca wrote:

How many meds do you hope the cannabis will replace ? Are you gonna smoke , vape, eat or something else?
Have you researched what strains will be best for you or does the dispensary help with that.

I wanna replace the gabapentin, seroquel, and either reduce my clonazepam to 5x0.5mg a month or eliminate it all together. Reduce my nightly reliance on Zolpidem to just as needed.

I hope it will help with my severe IBS-D in some way, as well as my sleep, social anxiety, OCD, some portion of my chronic pain, and nausea.

I have a 15% CBD/ 0.65% THC strain and a 12.6% CBD/7% THC strain. I have a Grasshopper vape pen and a Flowermate V5.0 vaporizer. I really am new to this so I don't really know what dose to go with or what temp (starting with lower temps since they dont burn my throat) or how long to inhale for each dose or when to know if the cannibas is used up and should discard it or if there are doses left to be had. I get 15 grams/30 days of my choice as per my prescription at $5/gram. My prescription just had a limit of <10% THC other wise it is up to me to decide how and what I wanna use.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 5:10 pm

Noca wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:

Noca wrote:

I wanna replace the gabapentin, seroquel, and either reduce my clonazepam to 5x0.5mg a month or eliminate it all together. Reduce my nightly reliance on Zolpidem to just as needed.

I hope it will help with my severe IBS-D in some way, as well as my sleep, social anxiety, OCD, some portion of my chronic pain, and nausea.

I have a 15% CBD/ 0.65% THC strain and a 12.6% CBD/7% THC strain. I have a Grasshopper vape pen and a Flowermate V5.0 vaporizer. I really am new to this so I don't really know what dose to go with or what temp (starting with lower temps since they dont burn my throat) or how long to inhale for each dose or when to know if the cannibas is used up and should discard it or if there are doses left to be had. I get 15 grams/30 days of my choice as per my prescription at $5/gram. My prescription just had a limit of <10% THC other wise it is up to me to decide how and what I wanna use.

Sounds good dude , just be cautious , your medical prescription is for .5g ish a day so don't go over that. If you didn't know CBD & THC have different boiling points so lower temps will be milder but might not release the goodness that your prescribed. I would advise small amounts at first just to check that it agrees with you ( it's not for everyone and can make symptoms worse - just like every other drug out there). You should research the boiling points needed for your medical strain which I believe is 210 degrees C ( depends on strain and equipment ). You need to inhale the vapour into your lungs and hold for around 5 seconds before exhaling. Eventually this will all become 2nd nature to you and you will know when there is nothing left in your vape. Good luck :)

http://www.leafscience.com/2016/05/18/v ... ture-best/

https://www.projectcbd.org/article/vapo ... ing-points

jmncrr000
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Feb 2017, 1:39 pm

Just wanting to keep this topic near the top with a bump.

Appreciate any replies

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2017, 2:16 pm

I used to take Fluoxetine, Citalopram, Sertraline, Mirtazapine & Venlafaxine, some others I can't remember right now but I've been on a lot since I was 11 up until 23, now I'm on literally nothing because I think they were doing more harm than good. All I needed was proper exercise daily, routine, structure and a super healthy diet which then I got my depression up to pretty much just Dysthymia, the initial part was terrible to get through but I feel so much better now than back then. Though I have quite a bad anger problem but that's more due to genetics/hormones and a bit of misanthropy, another reason for the exercise though.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

17 Feb 2017, 2:44 pm

200mg Wellbutrin daily and 1mg Ativan as needed, do they actually help with depression and anxiety? Not much. I like Wellbutrin because it gives you energy and being honest because it suppresses appetite and most other cravings, I like that I can feel the effects of the drug but as far as how it helps depression I have no idea. Better than the SSRIs or mood drugs where the side effects will make me even worse off. Benzos work to numb anxiety temporarily and lessen the physical effects of it but it's still there mentally and I am always afraid of getting 'addicted' to these and getting cut off.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2017, 5:22 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Benzos work to numb anxiety temporarily and lessen the physical effects of it but it's still there mentally and I am always afraid of getting 'addicted' to these and getting cut off.

Valium seems the only drug that has had a positive effect on my conditions but I haven't a hope in hell of getting them legally.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2017, 5:44 pm

Citalopram. I've only been on it for 2 weeks but I'm starting to feel better. My concentration has improved too. I don't feel as angry now. I don't feel like I want to die. I feel like making conversation again.

Wish I'd been put on this sooner. I was taking fluoxotine before, but it wasn't helping strangely. I've taken that before and it helped. But it didn't help last year.

jmncrr000
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Feb 2017, 2:52 pm

Just wanting to bump this thread to the top for more feedback.
Thanks

liveandrew
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Feb 2017, 3:08 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Benzos work to numb anxiety temporarily and lessen the physical effects of it but it's still there mentally and I am always afraid of getting 'addicted' to these and getting cut off.

Valium seems the only drug that has had a positive effect on my conditions but I haven't a hope in hell of getting them legally.

I get valium (diazepam) for my headaches :) Jacoby is right though, I'm very careful with them and never take them for more than a couple of days. I've had the same pack for 5 years and need to get a refill soon. I just hope my new doctor is understanding.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 46 of 200

Listener of all things noisy, viewer of all things bloody, writer of all things sh*t.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2017, 3:27 pm

liveandrew wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

I get valium (diazepam) for my headaches :) Jacoby is right though, I'm very careful with them and never take them for more than a couple of days. I've had the same pack for 5 years and need to get a refill soon. I just hope my new doctor is understanding.

fingers crossed for you dude. I have never asked the Dr for valium as I know they would refuse it and call me a drug seeker.

nephets
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Feb 2017, 3:33 pm

40 mg of prozac per day for 5 years. I would recommend it as it seems to ease my anxiety and obsessional tendencies and has opened me up to the world quite a bit.