Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

nephets
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Feb 2017, 3:33 pm

40 mg of prozac per day for 5 years. I would recommend it as it seems to ease my anxiety and obsessional tendencies and has opened me up to the world quite a bit.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2017, 4:18 pm

nephets wrote:
40 mg of prozac per day for 5 years. I would recommend it as it seems to ease my anxiety and obsessional tendencies and has opened me up to the world quite a bit.

I was prescribed antipsychotics for years with little to no effects , one Dr suggested I might be depressed and prescribed prozac which made a big difference for a month or two then things went back to normal although I was numb , it turned me into a zombie which wasn't a bad thing , it was only after meeting my GF who told me it was making me numb that I realised , I stopped taking it and started to feel things again which to me is where my problems lie - it's interesting how drugs effect people differently , prozac was a double edged sword for me.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

ranthaman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Feb 2017, 10:30 pm

I heard a couple people say wellbutrin.
I was on wellbutrin once for about a week but stopped because it made me suecidal

I'd been on topimax and lamictol (anticonvolsants) for the past 4+ years, until lately now I've about come off them all
I was precribed these for bipolar but I am thinking I might not have bipolar which is why I've tapered them down now

AspieQuiz: 139/200 ND, 53/200 NT
MBTI type: ISTJ

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 6:23 am

I've been taking Sertraline 100mg since January 2015. I used to be on 50mg but I forget when I switched from Fluoxetine. I do know when I first got Fluoxetine though- April Fools' Day 2008 :D

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 9:55 am

I was prescribed 10 mg of paroxetine (paxil) on Tuesday, and I already feel slightly better. However, I have been feeling quite dopey too , even more so than usual. Yesterday at work I felt like I was completely stoned. I'm not sure where the day went.

My dosage is supposed to be doubled after it has been administered for one week. Hopefully I will continue to see improvements in my general well-being. I hate feeling blank, bored and angry all the time.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 10:44 am

I used to be on sertraline (Zoloft) 150 mg but it was totally not working and the side effects were drastic. Terrible heart palpitations, nauseated all day long, anxiety high, ticks going mad...

Then I changed my doctor who took me off Zoloft and put me on escitalopram (Cipralex), gradually increasing the dose to 40 mg. It has NO side effects and it's working wonders for obsessive thoughts.

I also use a mild anxiolytic called Tranko-Buskas but only when necessary.

teksla
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 3:21 pm

jmncrr000 wrote:
My question for people here is about prescription drugs, and people who take them. I would like to know what prescription drugs people take, and what they take them for, and what dosage and length of time they have been taking them. I currently take two antidepressants. Wellbutrin 300mg for 21 months, and paroxetine 20mg for 15 years. I also take .75 mg of risperidone for anger and irritabiltiy associated with autism for 2 years. I appreciate anybody else who wants to share what they take, and there experience.
Thank you

Ive been wondering if i should go on risperidone. How is it working for you?

Tripodologia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Feb 2017, 4:06 pm

I've taken 40mg propanolol for both anxiety and migraine prophylaxis (I upped it to 60mg but got an increase in depressive symptoms so had to go down to 40mg again), and 2mg of melatonin for sleep regulation daily for about a year and a half.

-

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 139 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 67 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 4:16 pm

Zolpidem 5 mg as needed, Diazepam 5 mg as needed, Risperidone 0.5 mg once a day. i've taken these for a few years. Zolpidem for sleep, Diazepam for anxiety, Risperidone helps unwanted thoughts and to relax. I gained weight with Risperidone.

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 10:52 pm

justkillingtime wrote:
Zolpidem 5 mg as needed, Diazepam 5 mg as needed, Risperidone 0.5 mg once a day. i've taken these for a few years. Zolpidem for sleep, Diazepam for anxiety, Risperidone helps unwanted thoughts and to relax. I gained weight with Risperidone.

I gained a bunch of weight with risperidone, too. So much that I had my dosage lowered.
Recently I chose to have it raised back up, though, because I do so much better with the higher dose. I take a lot less diazepam with being higher on risperidone. I figure I will just have to be more strict about diet and exercise.

jmncrr000
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Feb 2017, 8:14 pm

teksla wrote:
jmncrr000 wrote:
My question for people here is about prescription drugs, and people who take them. I would like to know what prescription drugs people take, and what they take them for, and what dosage and length of time they have been taking them. I currently take two antidepressants. Wellbutrin 300mg for 21 months, and paroxetine 20mg for 15 years. I also take .75 mg of risperidone for anger and irritabiltiy associated with autism for 2 years. I appreciate anybody else who wants to share what they take, and there experience.
Thank you

Ive been wondering if i should go on risperidone. How is it working for you?

Risperidone has worked great for me, just ten pounds in weight gain that I needed. It's helped tremendously with irritability and anger. I'm a lot nicer person on risperidone.

the_wrong_guy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Feb 2017, 11:03 pm

doc wants to put me on Adderall, I haven't taken ADD meds in 20 years, didn't work the first time. Even after I dug up the placebo trials, he still thinks I have ADD, doctors only listen to the bats flying around in their heads.

Owl123
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Feb 2017, 7:01 am

jmncrr000 wrote:
Thank you

Hi there. I take Escitalopram(ssri) for major depression, Valproic Acid(mood stabilizer), last 4 months Bromazepam (anxiety), and Risperidone as well. But please can u answer me, I just wonder what is Risperidone really for??

Bc Til now, I have doubts regarding my Dx, the time I insisted my psych to tell me. He showed me on his laptop I have Major Depressive disorder with psychotic features Axis II Borderline personality disorder with passive aggressive. But reall everytime I go for checkup he gauges me through how my "irritability" is. I wonder if he is lying that I really have Aspergers. or what. gahd.

It shatters me thinking that til now it aggravates my existential crisis. I was wondering that given I'm in the medical field he told me that any Dx is crucial and that might be the reason he doesn't wanna label me.

teksla
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 7:45 am

Owl123 wrote:
jmncrr000 wrote:
Thank you

Hi there. I take Escitalopram(ssri) for major depression, Valproic Acid(mood stabilizer), last 4 months Bromazepam (anxiety), and Risperidone as well. But please can u answer me, I just wonder what is Risperidone really for??

Bc Til now, I have doubts regarding my Dx, the time I insisted my psych to tell me. He showed me on his laptop I have Major Depressive disorder with psychotic features Axis II Borderline personality disorder with passive aggressive. But reall everytime I go for checkup he gauges me through how my "irritability" is. I wonder if he is lying that I really have Aspergers. or what. gahd.

It shatters me thinking that til now it aggravates my existential crisis. I was wondering that given I'm in the medical field he told me that any Dx is crucial and that might be the reason he doesn't wanna label me.

Risperidone is made and used for irritability and aggression in people with autism and/or intellectual disabilities.
Can be used to counter meltdowns etc.

jmncrr000
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Mar 2017, 2:30 pm

Just wanting to keep this thread alive by bumping it to the top.

Thanks

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2017, 9:03 pm

jmncrr000 wrote:
Thank you

Do your meds work well for you?