Page 2 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2017, 9:03 pm

jmncrr000 wrote:
My question for people here is about prescription drugs, and people who take them. I would like to know what prescription drugs people take, and what they take them for, and what dosage and length of time they have been taking them. I currently take two antidepressants. Wellbutrin 300mg for 21 months, and paroxetine 20mg for 15 years. I also take .75 mg of risperidone for anger and irritabiltiy associated with autism for 2 years. I appreciate anybody else who wants to share what they take, and there experience.
Thank you

Do your meds work well for you?

jmncrr000
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Mar 2017, 2:27 pm

justkillingtime wrote:
jmncrr000 wrote:
My question for people here is about prescription drugs, and people who take them. I would like to know what prescription drugs people take, and what they take them for, and what dosage and length of time they have been taking them. I currently take two antidepressants. Wellbutrin 300mg for 21 months, and paroxetine 20mg for 15 years. I also take .75 mg of risperidone for anger and irritabiltiy associated with autism for 2 years. I appreciate anybody else who wants to share what they take, and there experience.
Thank you

Yes they do.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 2:41 pm

jmncrr000 wrote:
justkillingtime wrote:
jmncrr000 wrote:
Thank you

Yes they do.

I was given risperidone in my twenties , I was being treated for ? ( they never told me but I suspect they thought psychosis ) , like most of the meds I've tried , nothing really helped my situation in fact risperidone made me sensitive to the sun and I have been sensitive to the sun ever since ( burn easily and need sunglasses as soon as the sun pokes it's face out ).

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

teksla
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 4:26 pm

Took escitalopram (10mg) for depression/anxiety for about a year and a half.
Also took Ketipinor for panic attacks/severe anxiety when needed (25mg).

Going to speak with my doctor about starting medication for irritation since it is a problem for me right now.

Veles
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Mar 2017, 5:15 pm

I used to take risperidone for psychotic symptoms associated with psychosis. It also may have helped my (now very mild) Autism. I was on a very low dose though and my psychotic symptoms have stopped for almost a year now. Also, other members of my family have a history of psychosis so that may explain that.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2017, 12:04 pm

In my last visit to the doctor just a few days ago, chlordiazepoxide (Elenium) was added to my prescription. Haven't used it yet but I'm scared of its sedative effect.

AlanMooresBeard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Mar 2017, 1:36 pm

I've never taken any medication for my AS nor would I want to either as I'm not convinced that I would gain any benefit from taking prescription drugs. I do however take supplements but only zinc, vitamin C and Vitamin D. I don't need anything else.

jmncrr000
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Mar 2017, 1:27 pm

Quote:
But please can u answer me, I just wonder what is Risperidone really for??

Its for irritability, which a lot of people on the spectrum have.

mauloch_baal
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Mar 2017, 10:15 am

Just Venlafaxine 150mg and Adderall XR 30mg morning and Adderall 15mg afternoon. Need to probably get on something for the agitation (which was there well before the Adderall), just got my full official dx not too long ago. Originally my psychologist told me she is sure I was on the spectrum so took the test and got the results of ADHD-PI, GAD and ASD. I think Risperidone was mentioned as a possible 3rd to combat the agitation. Btw Adderall makes me releaxed, in fact I have taken it in the past right before going to sleep and actually at those times usually sleep better.

antnego
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Mar 2017, 8:29 pm

jmncrr000 wrote:
Thank you

How do these work for you? I'm wondering if an antipsychotic can help me, but I'm scared of Tardive Dyskenesia.

I've been on at some point in time:

Psychostimulants (7-8 years): Ritalin, Concerta, Focalin XR, Adderall, Vyvanse
Effexor: Hated it, withdrawals were hell
Luvox: to help get me off the Effexor
Wellbutrin XR: okay but crapped out on me after four months
Strattera: hated it
Lithium
Depakote
Prozac
Zoloft
Lamictal
Paxil

I've been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder in the past, but I really don't have mood episodes other than depression, which I haven't had for years - maybe at the most, dysthymia.

Currently taking: Trazodone for sleep, as needed.

My neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 82 of 200

I am very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 2:25 am

i don't trust prescription drugs for these reasons -

o Pharmaceutical companies are stock market listed organisations. They exist to make profit.
o Like all stock market companies (other examples being Walmart or McDonalds) they don't do things in the best way because the best way doesn't make the most money. Their first and foremost priority is keeping the shareholders happy so both the management of the company and the shareholders make loads of money.
o Just like how McDonalds tramples over animal rights and human nutritional needs and Walmart dismisses workers' rights so too do pharmaceutical companies not have an interest in truly healing people.
o If they actually found the cure for cancer, diabetes, depression or anxiety why would they sell it? As soon as you have taken the cure you would no longer spend money on their products. Their best strategy is to sell you something that gives you mild improvement in your symptoms but that never really properly helps. They would also benefit from selling you products with side effects that cause you other illnesses because you would then buy another set of drugs.

Also pharmaceutical companies in alliance with medical doctors wage war on natural remedies. Ever noticed how health services never advertise or provide financial assistance with treatments such as acupuncture, herbal remedies, bowen therapy, massage and many other helpful treatments?

It's because pharmaceutical companies pay doctors to keep peddling their products. The whole thing is a sham. I would only take their medicines in an emergency. If I'm in screaming pain I'm probably going to take painkiller pills. That's about it though. They're overrated!

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 2:35 am

The only drug I take regularly is Levetiracetum (to prevent seizures).

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 10:46 am

Does anyone take ritalin, adderall or nootropics to help with executive functioning and communication issues?

My doctor stated that adrifinil was safe for me to take alongside my prescribed medication, paroxetine. Even though she dismissed its benefits, I do feel slightly more alert and talkative after taking a small dosage.

I would like to try either ritalin or adderall, but it's illegal in the UK unless you have a formal diagnosis of ADHD. :(

Windigo
Raven
Raven

28 Mar 2017, 12:15 pm

I currently take nothing for my Aspergers, but for my chronic illness (Crohns disease) I currently take:

-Entyvio
-Prednisone (15 mg)
-Tramadol (150 mg)
-Diazepam (10 mg for sleep)
-Temazepam (10 mg when needed)
-Acenocoumarol (blood thinners, different amount each day)
-Vit D and b12 supplements.

So that's quite a list. And I won't be going off any shortly, including the prednisone because I have prednisone dependency. Yay. Hopefully it will cause me to stay in remission though.

jmncrr000
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Mar 2017, 3:48 pm

Quote:
How do these work for you? I'm wondering if an antipsychotic can help me, but I'm scared of Tardive Dyskenesia.

TD is extremely rare and dose dependent.

Drugs.com says it's .1-1% that can get it, so I'm certainly not worried, and all my meds have helped me quite a bit.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2017, 4:01 pm

I am taking three anti-seizure prescriptions to control my epilepsy; Lamictal, Keppra, and Depakote.