Anon source: intel officials about to go 'nuclear'

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 7:11 pm

The source claims the intelligence committee is getting ready to pretty much destroy Donald Trump, promising that "he will die in jail":

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/he-will ... urce-says/

If this story is true, then I don't even know what to say to this. If it's not, then why does the media keep publishing crap like this? Who does it benefit to ratchet up American's already high level of stress about politics:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ins ... e5c47585ff

If the intelligence community overthrows Trump, what next? They will probably want to prevent a repeat, and considering how little respect they have for civil liberties I can totally see them launching a campaign of repression on the populace via the people in charge who will pretty much be puppets.

If they do this, this country will fracture, mark my words. The only question will be how bloody it will be and whether it sucks in the rest of the world.

:|

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 7:20 pm

So, bury the truth?

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 7:22 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
So, bury the truth?

I can't support that either.

Things are really bad right now.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 7:30 pm

Yeah. It's hard not to think that we're pretty screwed, no matter how things turn out.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 8:44 pm

To me this sort of "news" story is about as unreliable as going to a fortune teller. It seems like the majority of hype and worry that takes place is based on prognostication. If this happens, then oh my god we are so screwed, so better get all stressed out over it.

I've noticed in previous years that usually around the start of the school year, there's some new potential super plague pandemic virus everyone is supposed to be worried about. Remember ebola? I think there's some deadly virus this year too, but I don't remember what it is, because all the freak out over Trump buried it. People seem to thrive on having some potential threat to be fearful of. If it wasn't Trump right now, then it would be something else putting people on edge.

There's two things I absolutely detest when it comes to media stories; prognostication and sensationalism. But I know that's not going to stop, because people gobble it up.

beneficii wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
So, bury the truth?

I can't support that either.

Things are really bad right now.

What year have things not been really bad in some way according to the media? When was there a time we didn't have something we were supposed to be fearful of?

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 8:53 pm

EzraS wrote:
...People seem to thrive on having some potential threat to be fearful of. If it wasn't Trump right now, then it would be something else putting people on edge.

There's two things I absolutely detest when it comes to media stories; prognostication and sensationalism. But I know that's not going to stop, because people gobble it up.

How else would you sell the news?

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 9:03 pm

It really is time to dust off the old classic 1841 book Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds by Charles Mackay.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraordi ... _of_Crowds

The media and the left really are in a period of delusional mass hysteria. It's like some cult where the people are seeing all the signs in the heavens that their spaceship is about to arrive to take them away, and they're selling all their belongings and running through the streets screaming. People need to get a little historical perspective on this kind of mass popular hysteria. The oh-so-rational self-image of the left makes them think they are immune to such things, when in fact it means they are exactly the ones who are going to fall for it.

Go read about the Millerites in the 1840s.

There Are Four Lights!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 9:04 pm

the_phoenix wrote:
EzraS wrote:
...People seem to thrive on having some potential threat to be fearful of. If it wasn't Trump right now, then it would be something else putting people on edge.

How else would you sell the news?

I know. But that doesn't mean I have to like it.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 9:06 pm

Darmok wrote:
The media and the left really are in a period of delusional mass hysteria. It's like some cult where the people are seeing all the signs in the heavens that their spaceship is about to arrive to take them away

If only :lol:

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 9:07 pm

beneficii wrote:
The source claims the intelligence committee is getting ready to pretty much destroy Donald Trump, promising that "he will die in jail":

If this story is true, then I don't even know what to say to this. If it's not, then why does the media keep publishing crap like this? Who does it benefit to ratchet up American's already high level of stress about politics:

If the intelligence community overthrows Trump, what next? They will probably want to prevent a repeat, and considering how little respect they have for civil liberties I can totally see them launching a campaign of repression on the populace via the people in charge who will pretty much be puppets.

If they do this, this country will fracture, mark my words. The only question will be how bloody it will be and whether it sucks in the rest of the world.

First they have to indict him for something. Being an incompetent President is not yet an indictable offense.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 9:24 pm

BaalChatzaf wrote:
beneficii wrote:

First they have to indict him for something. Being an incompetent President is not yet an indictable offense.

George W Bush proved that in spades.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 9:31 pm

Darmok wrote:
It really is time to dust off the old classic 1841 book Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds by Charles Mackay.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraordi ... _of_Crowds

The media and the left really are in a period of delusional mass hysteria. It's like some cult where the people are seeing all the signs in the heavens that their spaceship is about to arrive to take them away, and they're selling all their belongings and running through the streets screaming. People need to get a little historical perspective on this kind of mass popular hysteria. The oh-so-rational self-image of the left makes them think they are immune to such things, when in fact it means they are exactly the ones who are going to fall for it.

Go read about the Millerites in the 1840s.

Fascinating ...