"A nuclear holocaust would be like no other."

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2017, 8:37 am

Associated Press via Ottawa Citizen: Connecticut congressmen express concern over Russian ship

Quote:
HARTFORD, Conn. — Congressmen from Connecticut are expressing concern over reports of a Russian intelligence-collection ship travelling near a U.S. naval submarine base.

U.S. Sens. Richard Blumenthal and Chris Murphy and U.S. Rep. Joe Courtney issued statements Wednesday condemning what they described as Russia’s increasing aggression.

A U.S. defence official said Tuesday the Russian ship has been operating in international waters off the U.S. East Coast. The official said it made a port call in Cuba previously and was monitored off Delaware’s coast. Courtney said the vessel was later spotted about 30 miles from the submarine base in Groton, Connecticut.

Does this concern anyone else? And moreso,

Independent: Donald Trump says American people want him to blow up Russian spy ship

Quote:
The President said “everyone in this country would say, ohh, it’s so great” if he shot the Viktor Leonov, a Russian intelligence gathering ship, which lies off the coast of Connecticut.

Telegraph: Trump raises spectre of 'nuclear holocaust' amid questioning over Russia

Quote:
"We're a very powerful nuclear country and so are they," Mr Trump said. "I've been briefed. And I can tell you one thing about a briefing that we're allowed to say, because anybody that ever read the most basic book can say it, nuclear holocaust would be like no other."

Is he threatening Russia?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

17 Feb 2017, 9:12 am

I am not going to get concerned about something that has happened countless times before without note, Trump is illustrating the consequences war with Russia and invoking mutually assured destruction as a reason for not engaging.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2017, 9:21 am

Jacoby wrote:
Trump is illustrating the consequences war with Russia and invoking mutually assured destruction as a reason for not engaging.

Everybody knows the consequence of nuclear war; why bring it up unless he feels threatened? This is the first time I have truly worried about his access to the nuclear codes.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

17 Feb 2017, 9:50 am

androbot01 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Trump is illustrating the consequences war with Russia and invoking mutually assured destruction as a reason for not engaging.

Everybody knows the consequence of nuclear war; why bring it up unless he feels threatened? This is the first time I have truly worried about his access to the nuclear codes.

No, apparently they don't as evidence by the current campaign against Russia and the straight McCarthyism taking place by Democrats & the left wing media in this country. People seem to forget that Russia is a nuclear power that must be respected but we still have people so ignorantly and naively ask what benefit would "normal" relations bring with Russia. Lessening the threat of nuclear holocaust is a benefit to all humanity.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2017, 10:11 am

Jacoby wrote:
Lessening the threat of nuclear holocaust is a benefit to all humanity.

Well at least we can agree on that.

feral botanist
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2017, 10:12 am

androbot01 wrote:
Associated Press via Ottawa Citizen: Connecticut congressmen express concern over Russian ship

Quote:
HARTFORD, Conn. — Congressmen from Connecticut are expressing concern over reports of a Russian intelligence-collection ship travelling near a U.S. naval submarine base.

U.S. Sens. Richard Blumenthal and Chris Murphy and U.S. Rep. Joe Courtney issued statements Wednesday condemning what they described as Russia’s increasing aggression.

A U.S. defence official said Tuesday the Russian ship has been operating in international waters off the U.S. East Coast. The official said it made a port call in Cuba previously and was monitored off Delaware’s coast. Courtney said the vessel was later spotted about 30 miles from the submarine base in Groton, Connecticut.

Does this concern anyone else? And moreso,

Independent: Donald Trump says American people want him to blow up Russian spy ship

Quote:
The President said “everyone in this country would say, ohh, it’s so great” if he shot the Viktor Leonov, a Russian intelligence gathering ship, which lies off the coast of Connecticut.

Telegraph: Trump raises spectre of 'nuclear holocaust' amid questioning over Russia

Quote:
"We're a very powerful nuclear country and so are they," Mr Trump said. "I've been briefed. And I can tell you one thing about a briefing that we're allowed to say, because anybody that ever read the most basic book can say it, nuclear holocaust would be like no other."

Is he threatening Russia?

After 9/11, even rational people became afraid and rallied around and supported an unqualified and unpopular president.

Given all of the nice things trump has said in public and all of the things his aides has said in private, I would guess that Putin is just helping out a friend.

He is making a false threat so trump can seem strong and brave standing up to the Russians

It does not concern me in the least.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2017, 10:20 am

feral botanist wrote:
He is making a false threat so trump can seem strong and brave standing up to the Russians

It does not concern me in the least.

It's a brilliant plan, and could have worked if Trump had pulled off strong and brave. Instead he appeared panicked and flustered.

feral botanist
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2017, 3:34 pm

Look at how Putin responded when Obama kicked out a bunch of Russian diplomats after the election.

He did nothing because he knew he would be working with his bff. :lol:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2017, 5:44 pm

Interesting conspiracy conflict between Putin being an aggressive blackmailing warlord against Trump to Putin being Trump's boyfriend who won the election for him because they're business partners in bed with each other. Although I'm sure someone can find a way to explain how it's both.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2017, 6:36 pm

EzraS wrote:
Interesting conspiracy conflict between Putin being an aggressive blackmailing warlord against Trump to Putin being Trump's boyfriend who won the election for him because they're business partners in bed with each other. Although I'm sure someone can find a way to explain how it's both.

1) Russian Hacking
2) Fake News

How about we flip a coin to decide which one? :lol:

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2017, 3:10 pm

EzraS wrote:

Black and white thinking, Ezra.
Keep your enemies closer, and all that.

feral botanist
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2017, 11:04 pm

EzraS wrote:

Bff was hyperbole. I dont think putin gives a sh1t about trump.

But if you have a useful tool, you want it to keep working. You oil it, clean it, give it the maintenance it needs to be effective.

But when it comes down to it, I dont really expect you to understand or care. I do like proving you guys wrong though, but lately it is getting too easy and it just makes you all double down on your crazy ideas.

The amygdala dominated mind in action. If you are luck you will grow out of it in the next ten years, I did.

Please just ignore any of my posts.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2017, 3:58 am

Simply asking but Androbot what is making you have such a big interest in the news lately. Its just a pattern I am noticing say a news story comes out you are always the first one to post on it.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2017, 4:22 am

Crazy is as crazy does.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2017, 4:27 am

Shahunshah wrote:
Simply asking but Androbot what is making you have such a big interest in the news lately. Its just a pattern I am noticing say a news story comes out you are always the first one to post on it.

It's nothing new. I have been a news junkie since I was a kid. I was watching Meet the Press, et al when I was still in elementary school. The current news cycle is fascinating though.

EzraS wrote:
Crazy is as crazy does.

Who are you talking to and what are you talking about. (And yes I have seen Forrest Gump.)