Why do people want to know who Ghost is?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2017, 5:54 am

I don't get it, I don't want to know...that would take away from their whole thing that they're doing. I mean they're probably the first anonymous band that has won a grammy :lol:

badroulbadour
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Feb 2017, 1:42 pm

I remember seeing an interview with one of the nameless ghouls on Loudwire, and I think he summed it up pretty well:

Quote:
Generally people don't care unless you refuse them to know, and if you refuse them to know, then they will really care what you do

Basically a "forbidden fruit" type of thing. Some people are only interested in things that they can't have.

I think it also has to do with the fact that people aren't used to ambiguity in pop culture. We're used to everything being obvious and accessible, and when its not, its unsettling.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2017, 10:41 pm

badroulbadour wrote:
I remember seeing an interview with one of the nameless ghouls on Loudwire, and I think he summed it up pretty well:

Quote:
Generally people don't care unless you refuse them to know, and if you refuse them to know, then they will really care what you do

Basically a "forbidden fruit" type of thing. Some people are only interested in things that they can't have.

I think it also has to do with the fact that people aren't used to ambiguity in pop culture. We're used to everything being obvious and accessible, and when its not, its unsettling.

I suppose that is why they neither confirm nor deny any suspicions about their real identities. I think I've seen an interview where one of them said they have found it entertaining to see what people come up with.