Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2017, 6:31 am

Anyone play this game? I have found it to be interesting. Anyone play the two follow-ups?

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2017, 9:14 am

I played the first one and quite liked it, thought it might seem dated now. I didn't play any of the others until Bioshock Infinite which was a good game but had some difficulty spikes and the final battle is pretty tough and takes 15 mins plus and if you fail it's back to the start...really makes you want to throw your controller through the screen :lol: Don't worry about the "choices" you get in the game though, none have any affect on the game except minor visuals.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2017, 7:56 pm

Won 1 & 2, did not complete infinite but its difficulty was too easy for me and its not really a hard series anyway except for a few areas. I was playing on a harder setting but I can't recall if I was on the most difficult. Also if I recall infinite has a hard mode but I don't think I unlocked it. I didn't play infinite enough to notice any difficultly spikes that were disproportionate to the rest of the game. Maybe a few hours, if I don't die within a few hours of gameplay then I am not interested 8)

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2017, 10:57 pm

Beat 1 and 2. Didn't really get into the 3rd.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2017, 9:04 am

Played and loved all three of 'em. :D

Haven't gotten around to playing the Infinite DLC yet, though. Really should.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2017, 12:13 pm

Finished the first one, now starting the second one.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2017, 1:27 pm

dcj123 wrote:
Maybe a few hours

That's fine, if you've played a game for a few hours you're more than qualified to give an opinion on the entire game.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2017, 11:44 pm

Chichikov wrote:
dcj123 wrote:
Maybe a few hours

That's fine, if you've played a game for a few hours you're more than qualified to give an opinion on the entire game.

lulz

Point taken though to be fair, you can get a good ways in game in a few hours if you miss secrets and don't die :mrgreen:

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 6:14 am

Finished the second one. It was great!

Veles
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Mar 2017, 7:37 pm

I've played all the Bioshocks but find that with every release I earn for the qualities of the first game. The first one was actually eerie, disturbing, and a lot more of a thrill than the other releases in my opinion.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2017, 1:59 am

I recently bought Bioshock, I have got myself into trouble being ambushed by freaks a couple times because I insist on exploring and absorbing every little detail of riveting realms that I step into through the screen, the first ten minutes where you're just trotting around getting to that restaurant had me spellbound. I assumed I'd be entering a flourishing aquatic realm but it's anything but that, it's flourishing but in a feverishly floundering manner! The water effects are astonishing, so much variation and imagination went into presenting this place as tolerating the big blue but the big blue doing its best to reject this monstrosity that inflicted itself within its briny depths!

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 12:03 pm

I've played both the original and the remastered Bioshock. I've avoided the remastered version on Steam for some time because I've had the game freeze and crash on me multiple times while loading the map. I'm not sure if they've fixed it or any other bugs I'm not aware of yet.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

MrIpcac
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Jun 2017, 7:00 pm

I played and liked all three games and their expansions on my Xbox 360. I think Bioshock 2 might be my favorite. I didn't get the remastered versions on Xbox One yet. Not sure if they'd be worth the money or not.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 4:11 am

Played all three. I enjoyed all the games, though liked Infinite more because I wasn't a fan of the dark and horror aesthetic in the first two. Was never a huge fan though, since the moment to moment gunplay never felt satisfying to me, with all the guns never really feeling great to use and enemies becoming bullet sponges near the end.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 6:57 am

I've only beaten System Shock 2 and the first BioShock...played the first SShock for a while, but never got very far in it.

I have the other two BShock games also, haven't tried them yet, not sure if I want to get the new Prey or not.

Chichikov wrote:
Don't worry about the "choices" you get in the game though, none have any affect on the game except minor visuals.

Well, there are three different endings depending.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 8:11 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Well, there are three different endings depending.

Bioshock Infinite? You haven't even played it and you're telling me I'm wrong?