Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Whirr
Raven
Raven

19 Feb 2017, 4:33 pm

Hey everyone, there's something I always wanted to ask a bunch of computer geeks. please tell me what you think.

When I was a kid I had a dog. We would go for a walk and if we took her to the forest she would be so happy she would play a joke on us.
She would lie down by the side of the road flat as a rug. completely still untill we came near. Eyes glittering and with an air of mischief about her untill you'd try to give her a little pat on the head and just before your hand would reach her head she's jump up with a yelp and run off, tail spinning like a helicopter.

That was her joke. She wasn't a genius like me so she had what you might call a rudimentary sense of humor. It was mischievous.

Yesterday I updated my modem. Because of that my Nintendo couldn't connect to the internet anymore. It caused nerd rage and I vowed before all that is holy and evil to "never again update anything that doesn't force me to do so". Ofcourse it works now...

I'm sure there is a logical reason for it but it sometimes seems to me it just wants attention. Honestly, I feel it just didn't feel like functioning for a bit.

I know that sounds terribly implausible but I've seen it happen so often ( I'm 38 now) that it became part of my trouble shooting strategy. Just try again some other time.

I'm typing this on a phone so I'll stop for now, it's tiring. But if you guys like I have 2 crazy anecdotes to share.

Please tell me what your thoughts are, I would love to know.

(I've been gone for a good long while, don't suppose anybody remembers me but it's nice to be back)

Whirr
Raven
Raven

19 Feb 2017, 4:49 pm

and it stopped functioning again...