Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

hellhole
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Feb 2017, 6:53 pm

Just wondering if anyone wants to vent/share there experiences with this?

There is actually a substantial overlap between the negative symptoms of SCZ and Autism; such as asociality, possibly low verbal ability, poor eye to eye gaze, poor social skills etc.

In my own case of this I also have Gelatophobia, the fear of being laughed at (many Aspies/higher-functioioning cases of Autism have this). These people get intensely suspicious when other people laugh in there presence, and they are convinced it is aimed at them; at times make you think that you "know" you are being laughed at when you go outside. From the perspective of an diagnosis-happy, armchair psychiatrist, this might seem like something akin to a so-called "persecutory delusion". Combine this belief, with the aforementioned symptoms of Autism, and I'm sure you'll agree this can seem a lot like Schizophrenia...

I would class myself as a 'Gelotophobic Autist' myself, and honestly I don't feel comfortable getting help with my issue because I'm sure I'll be misdiagnosed as having SCZ. Anyone agree?

"vulnerable narcissistic defenses w/ mild borderline traits"; Body Dysmorphic Disorder, (self-diagnosed).

Our internal representation of reality: (http://bit.ly/2BJuj5o)

Raaz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Feb 2017, 7:39 am

I have always had problems with maintaining eye contact and have been suffering from anxiety especially around people that worsened with age.Anxiety caused my speech to become pressured which led doctor to diagnose schizoid,schizoaffective disorder in me which becomes schizophrenia around people(I wonder how the whole family takes turns possessing me) and he prescribed antipsychotic and lithium for me which I took regularly for 7 months as it had a positive effect on me(the side effect of sedation was actually keeping me intact).Fortunately or unfortunately I complained of excessive sedation one day and he put me on lesser sedative medicine only to let me discover that I was not getting right medication but ruining my kidneys and thyroid (effect of lithium and antipsychotics) and since then I am surviving among people by will-power alone,not knowing how long it will last. :?: