Have you ever had one of your gaming accounts hacked?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2017, 10:37 pm

Uhh I fell for some stupid thing....so my League of Legends account has been hacked, and the person has made 100 dollar purchase from my debit card. Apparently they can do that even if you didn't save your card info and just type it in every time you make a purchase. Of course they did it on a Sunday probably so it would be harder for people to do anything about it, I am sure I am not the only one they got.

I was able to cancel my card and will go talk to my credit union tommorrow and I have contacted League of Legends about it so I can get my account restored...according to my brother they are usually pretty good about that so everything should be fine. Even so it is still a gigantic hassle..... :evil: and its prevented me being able to play today. Hopefully they can get back to me tomorrow and I can get this all sorted out asap.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2017, 11:36 am

Back in the early days of my Steam account, I had it hacked many times all because of friend requests I accepted and they send me this link to "free games" so I click it and it sends me to the Steam login page. I put my username and password and I'm hacked.

Nowadays there are a lot of ways and warning signs to tell when the user who sends a friend request is a bot. Also, there are things I have on Steam now that I can't really afford to lose like Steam wallet, Steam inventory, etc.

Another time I had an account hacked was PSN. My youngest brother is so stupid and trusting that he believed what I mentioned about the free games was legit for a week after the incident. I don't know how my old card info got on his account when it was hacked but I lost $150 that day. I never got it back either due to I forgot to call the bank and provide more info to dispute and my dad was too busy playing mobile games on his phone to remind me. On top of that, I only had $50 on the card while my brother used it to make additional $400 purchases on Christmas presents for mom and dad. Checks were really bouncing that year. Happy ****ing 23rd birthday to me.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2017, 5:56 pm

That sucks you didn't end up getting your money back, I am certainly hoping I can get my money back...but then again I've canceled card and will be going to my credit union soon, so I wont have the issue of forgetting/putting it off too long. I tried to go yesterday, but of course that was presidents day, I'll say this hacker was really on point with their timing doing it on a sunday followed by a day places like banks would be closed.

It is getting sort of frusterating that the customer service for league of legends hasn't gotten back to my email, except to tell me they got it and will have someone reply as soon as they can, but its been like two days though the messege said they are getting an especially high volume of people asking for help. Still, I don't know how long I should wait before bothering them about it again but I'd really like to know for sure if I can get my profile back.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2017, 6:10 pm

My WoW account used to get hacked all the time but they never stole money. I hope you get it back. I would think they'd be pretty swift on LoL's side of things since they're such a massive game so the support should be reasonable.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2017, 9:21 pm

Well they got back to me while I was at my credit union getting a new debit card and reporting what happened to them, and they said they should be able to put the 100 dollars back...unless there is confusion that my account was indeed compromised when the transaction was made in which case I have the emails between me and League of Legends discussing this problem.

Uhh stupid hacker got rid of all my loot(its a system they have where you can get rewards that give you skins and champions and such and involves in game currency called essence that has no real monetary value) and traded it for one expensive skin...I will message League back and see if they can restore that back to how it was, but if not I suppose there will always be more loot and at least I have my account back just not sure they have a system to reverse loot purchases. But so far that seems to be the only real difference except they had changed my icon sort of works for your profile avatar but instead of pictures its artwork related to the game, but I changed it back.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2017, 9:46 pm

Well I am sure I will be 10X more cautious after this, uhh still pissed off...I mean they stole from me and invaded my privacy, and they could have got other people through my profile for all I know. :evil: just feels gross I guess.