Page 3 of 7 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 10:46 pm

no, i do not want children. children cost too much $$, take up too much time. children are emotionally disturbing. and it's just one more thing to do. on a daily basis. likewise i ain't got no clue how to be a parent.

with several brief exceptions, nobody has ever told me they were physically attracted to me or wanted to date me.

and i am trans.

if i had the $$ for children, i would waste it on other things. but i do not have the $$.

the world contains plenty of unwanted children. starving children. child labor. abused children.

why compound the world's problems by adding more children?

Silvermantle
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 May 2017, 2:58 am

I was horrified by the idea of having kids... until I hit 30 and BANG! My biological clock or whatever started bonging like Notre Dame. Now I have 3 kids. 2 are on the spectrum. They are amazing, intelligent, creative, witty, and incredibly, infuriatingly annoying. Taking care of kids is lame, so many tedious, thankless tasks. Interfacing with teachers and school administrators is maddening. Do not even get me started about those PTA "female dogs". Having kids, especially the neurodiverse ones, is awesome. I get them; they get me. It's nice to live in a house where it feels like we're on the right planet.

Eurythmic
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2017, 7:40 pm

Nope. Never had any desire, any inkling. I'm too much of an introvert, the chaos and stimulation that comes with children would be too much to handle.

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 5:29 am

Silvermantle wrote:
Having kids, especially the neurodiverse ones, is awesome. I get them; they get me. It's nice to live in a house where it feels like we're on the right planet.

Just loved reading that last bit.

Umerue
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 May 2017, 12:18 pm

Silvermantle wrote:
Taking care of kids is lame, so many tedious, thankless tasks. Interfacing with teachers and school administrators is maddening. Do not even get me started about those PTA "female dogs". Having kids, especially the neurodiverse ones, is awesome. I get them; they get me. It's nice to live in a house where it feels like we're on the right planet.

I wholeheartedly agree. I have three kids on the spectrum, and I like living with them. I don't like kids in general, but I enjoy spending time with mine, especially when they got old enough to express their thoughts. I'm still working on that with my nonverbal boy, but we'll get there one day. Their questions are very interesting, sometimes fascinating. I'm quite bad at tedious tasks of mothering, (game time rules = who cares, eating balanced diet and tasting new things = hell no!...) but I think I'm good at explaining NT world to my kids. It's very comforting to come home where NT world is the strange place.

Capulet
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Jun 2017, 4:58 pm

I've always been on the fence about it. Then I recently acquired step kids which I'm still trying to wrap my head around. Which reminds me I wanted to post on here asking if there are any other step-parents.

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 5:05 pm

Nope.

No desire to have little copies of me, none at all.

I wouldn't date anyone who had children either.

Just do not want anything to do with being a parent.

I babysit, always have since I was about 14, any family member knows I'm there if they need me and I'm great with kids, I just like giving them back too much to have my own.

Judas
Raven
Raven

25 Jun 2017, 10:37 am

Perhaps it would shed some light on the potential sotuation of I shared my story.
I have a son who is 6 now. I'm divorded and see him only 3 hours a week.
Even though I love him and he is far beyond his peers when it domes to intelligence and strength. I'm often in awe of how superior he is in many ways. However, with reguards to having children, my ex gave me an ultimatum. I had problems handling dipersn it spiraked down from there. My inlaws took over child care more and more as I fumbled and tried to mmake it work. I have a good relationship with my son. I mean I let him actually do stuff, like play on all of my videogame concoles, pokemon stuff from when I was a kid etc. It might be my depression talking and my reaction to the divorce. I deeply regret having children. It does not give my life any more purpose, I don't feel I've acheived anything by it and I will never be able to be and do everything fatherhood demands. So, please for you and your potential childrens sake do not have any!

sleepingpancake
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jun 2017, 8:23 pm

no. why would i want another mini-me in this cruel world?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 8:56 pm

Lunella wrote:
No desire to spawn a crotch goblin. I'm part of a few pro child-free groups and donate to a child free charity which helps child free old people and suchlike.
My family are prone to post natal depression plus I don't see the point in bringing more life to such a f****d up planet. So many other reasons I could list, but you get the gist.

crotch goblin :lol:

Anyways I don't want kids either but more just don't want them and don't think I'd be very good at taking care of them and doubt I am financially stable enough to afford it, not so much because I don't want to bring more life to this planet...at least that is not on the top of my list.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 9:16 pm

I was always afraid that any child of mine would be different, like me. That would be really unfair.

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 1:27 pm

No, I have enough trouble with kids and their noisiness in public, wouldn't want to have to be responsible for a child's well being.

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Jul 2017, 2:29 pm

No. I just dont think I'd be able to handle the barrage of noise. Also, to be perfectly frank, I'm too selfish. To me, it seems like a stressful, thankless task. I wouldn't want to sign up for sleepless nights and working like a slave to provide and then, no matter how good you perform as a parent, the child will reach their teens and hate your guts. I have a lot of respect for anybody who'd sign up for parenthood.

Voxish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Jul 2017, 3:23 am

I have 3 and a step daughter. My wife and my children (all grown up) are all I have ever wanted or needed. Its the rest of the planet I have issues with.

BBC: Radio 4

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Jul 2017, 3:58 pm

What age would you say is the oldest somebody can have children by?

oddnumberedcat
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Aug 2017, 12:00 am

I like kids. I'm terrible at interacting with them, but I like them.

Realistically, though, I don't think I'd be a good parent. Primarily, I am very narrowly focused on the things I'm interested in at the exclusion of all else, and a kid would take away the time I have to dedicate to those things. I'm also quite introverted; I like people well enough and enjoy socializing if included, but my natural, most comfortable state is solitude. And, finally, from a logistical standpoint, I am not romantically or sexually inclined in any way whatsoever. Nothing against it, just have never been even vaguely interested, and, at this point at 25, I think the ship for that part of my brain turning on has long since sailed. That makes kids even more unfeasible, since being a single parent would be 1) ton of work and 2) horribly expensive.

So, yeah, no kids.