Page 5 of 7 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

blueghost
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Oct 2017, 5:23 pm

Yes but we haven't been able to. Makes me really sad...

Enceladus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Oct 2017, 5:45 pm

No.

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2017, 11:43 pm

No

melanie25
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Jan 2018, 5:05 am

A few years ago I could say I was not sure whether I want children or not. There were a lot of reasons for me to overthink. But now I'm pretty sure that having children is one of my biggest desires in life, and although I don't have a boyfriend right now, I dream of having a baby, and I hope that this desire won't ever change.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 2:07 am

No

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 2:11 am

livingwithautism wrote:
I've never considered having children. I'm not interested and I don't like children.

Me to.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2019, 2:17 am

^ Same

But my biggest reason for not wanting any is that my children would have a very real chance of being like I was as a child, and am as an adult, it's an act of love to not put them through that IMO. I would rather adopt, give a child that is already alive a home, and not tribute to the overpopulation of the world by having any of my own.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 Feb 2019, 7:58 am

I do not want kids because I never even liked kids when I was a kid. Me & my girlfriend both have aLOT of disabilities & we can barely take care of ourselves with lots of help from the government so I really do NOT feel we are capable of taking care of a kid.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

gsilver
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2019, 7:52 pm

Part of me really wants to, and part of me thinks that it would be immoral. There's too much genetic predisposition to autism, depression, and other mental illness. If I had a kid that suffered from any of the above, I'd feel like I was to blame for every bit of suffering that they went through.

...but given that no one of the opposite sex is interested enough in me to even bother to reply to a message on a dating site, I don't have to worry about that any time soon.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Feb 2019, 8:39 pm

gsilver wrote:
Part of me really wants to, and part of me thinks that it would be immoral. There's too much genetic predisposition to autism, depression, and other mental illness. If I had a kid that suffered from any of the above, I'd feel like I was to blame for every bit of suffering that they went through.

...but given that no one of the opposite sex is interested enough in me to even bother to reply to a message on a dating site, I don't have to worry about that any time soon.
You could adopt but I'd imagin it's much harder for a single guy to adopt than for a couple in a committed relationship.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 12:53 am

I did, immensely. Somewhere in middle school it hit me that if I had kids they might turn out like me (I did not know I had Aspergers then) and that filled me with grief and guilt. Of course then occurred to me that I would probably be alone my whole life so it didn't matter, heh.

Now I suppose I'm on the fence. There's a part of me that still would like to have children but there's more than a few complications for that. My relationship status/history, worries of my ability, worries of genetics, and it really seems irresponsible to bring more children into this -not so nice- world, onto a dying planet.

yogiB1
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Feb 2019, 6:26 am

No. I don’t like kids.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 2:27 am

Don't know.

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 11:06 pm

I'd like to have children at some point in my life. I believe this mostly stems from a desire to continue my lineage, especially having a son to carry on the family name. At 27 years of age, though, I'm starting to worry that that day might not ever come.

Sandpiper
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Feb 2019, 3:36 am

I've never wanted children. I don't think I have ever had the skills or personal resources needed to look after someone who would be totally dependent on me. I have enough trouble looking after myself sometimes. In any case I decided when I was quite young that the world was already overpopulated enough without me adding to it.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2019, 11:54 pm

No. I made up my mind at four years old I was never going to have children. I haven't changed my mind since and ended up needing to have a hysterectomy because my periods were making me anemic. Everyone was like "You will regret this when you are older!" I never have regretted it. I don't think I could honestly bond with a child. Thankfully, my boyfriend doesn't want children either. We have considered possibly adopting a teenager from foster care but most likely the closest thing we will do involving children is sponsor a child in a third world country.