What are "personality traits"?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2017, 3:51 pm

What are they in a relationship? People tell me how a person's personality is such an important part of a relationship, but what are "good" personality traits? It all seems cliche because everyone wants the same thing like a sense of humor (and my humor is very unconventional) or something.

I'd rather weed out bad personalities based on traits that I can't stand.

I can't stand to date someone, for example, if they constantly needed to communicate by text or others. I want my own space in moderation. My first girlfriend had this issue and she appeared to be constantly needy.

But what if I'm not sexually attracted to somebody's personality at all, only their physical body? Is there even a term for that?

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 10:12 pm

Perhaps my initial phrasing of the title was a little too angry/shallow. I'm sorry about that.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2017, 4:37 pm

To me good personality traits are kindness, humour, fun-loving, quirky, geeky, ad ambitious but different personality traits are attractive to different people.

If you look for the bad things you will always find something you dont like because there is no such thing as a perfect person. Ask any couple and they can tell you something about their partner that annoys them. It is however good to know what big factors would not work for you (such as the clingyness of your first gf)

Also if you only like someones body that's called lust

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2017, 10:07 pm

Maybe there are a few personality traits I would find great, but I just never thought of them.