Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ThisAdamGuy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2017, 4:57 pm

Here's something I've been wondering for a while. I don't know about other stores, but Walmart has this tradition called "The Walmart Cheer." They do it in the stores, and sometimes here in the home office. They just spell "Walmart" cheerleader style (Give me a W! W! Give me an A! A!), followed by "who's Walmart is it? My Walmart! Who comes first? The customer! Always! Huuuh!" Personally, I've always found this to be a really weird thing to do. Do things like this really get people amped up and excited to go stock shelves and scan groceries? Do they actually feel proud to work at Walmart after doing that cheer? I always walk away from it feeling more annoyed than motivated. Then again, I'm an aspie, so maybe I'm missing something. What do you guys think?

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 2:11 pm

I think it has something to do with "teamwork" but if you don't happen to be part of the team ( part, that is, in more than name only) then you don't feel included. That's about where I've been in relation to such things in my life.

I think, if management has done it's job well, it works quite well with most (decently treated) NTs.