Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Zombini
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Feb 2017, 6:13 pm

My favorite kinds of horror movies involve zombies and ghosts but slasher and demon possessed movies are my least favorites.

Some of my favorites are

Night of the living dead (original and remake), Carnival of souls, Day of the dead, Zombie, Hell of the living dead, Juon the grudge, Juon the grudge 2, The shining, The others, The Blair witch project, Bride of chucky, Sweeney Todd, and Sleepy Hollow.

Last edited by Zombini on 21 Feb 2017, 7:32 pm, edited 6 times in total.

GoblinCandy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Feb 2017, 6:42 pm

Nice taste, Zombini.

I love horror, though I'm more into horror anthologies (Tales from the Crypt, Tales from the Darkside, etc.) than I am into horror films.

Slashers can be good, but my preference is for cerebral and atmospheric horror. I also like comedy horror (think Peter Jackson's Braindead / Dead Alive).

Zombini
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Feb 2017, 6:57 pm

GoblinCandy wrote:
Nice taste, Zombini.

I love horror, though I'm more into horror anthologies (Tales from the Crypt, Tales from the Darkside, etc.) than I am into horror films.

Slashers can be good, but my preference is for cerebral and atmospheric horror. I also like comedy horror (think Peter Jackson's Braindead / Dead Alive).

Hey thanks :)

I like Tales From the Crypt too my favorite episode was the one with the maniac dressed as santa claus trying to kill the woman who murdered her husband on christmss eve.

GoblinCandy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Feb 2017, 7:08 pm

Zombini wrote:

You're most welcome.

Zombini wrote:
I like Tales From the Crypt too my favorite episode was the one with the maniac dressed as santa claus trying to kill the woman who murdered her husband on christmss eve.

Great episode. That's the second episode that aired.

My favourite episode would probably have to be What's Cookin', which stars the late Christopher Reeve. Funny yet, at the same time, disgusting and shocking. It's as gross as it's funny. :)

Zombini
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Feb 2017, 7:30 pm

GoblinCandy wrote:
Zombini wrote:

You're most welcome.

Zombini wrote:

Great episode. That's the second episode that aired.

My favourite episode would probably have to be What's Cookin', which stars the late Christopher Reeve. Funny yet, at the same time, disgusting and shocking. It's as gross as it's funny. :)

Haha i remember that episode too and i was reminded of it in that Sweeney Todd movie by Tim Burton. Speaking of which i feel like i should have added Sweeney Todd to my list along with Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 10:30 am

I love horror, it's my fave genre. Some of the ones I really like include:
Invasion of the body snatchers, Nightmare street (more suspense), Final destination, The Mist, The Fog, Poltergeist, Brainscan, Dead snow, Flatliners, Evil dead, Shaun of the dead, Day of the dead, Stay alive, The Shining (movie and series), Nightmare on Elm street, Children of the corn, Child’s play, Phantoms, The glow, After midnight, Severance, Scream, I know what you did last summer, Sometimes they come back, Tremors 1-5, Fear of the dark, The Good son, Gothika, Hide and seek, The 6th sense, The Haunting of Black Wood, The Visit, Orphan, The Children, Eden Lake, The Hills have Eyes, Case 39, Drag me to hell, Pet Sematary, The Unborn, Fire starter,Don't be afraid of the dark, Hostel, Fragile, Messengers, The Hole, The Faculty, Silver Bullet, Cursed, Never Cry Werewolf, Fright Night, Slithers, Pulse, They, Ticks, Dark water, Empty Rooms, and the American remakes of The Ring 1 & 2, The Grudge, 1 missed call, Dark Water, and The Uninvited.
and many, many more....

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Amebix
Toucan
Toucan

22 Feb 2017, 9:13 pm

Horror movies can be fun. I'll definitely have to check out some of the movies mentioned here. The only two horror movies to ever actually make me feel the sensation of horror are Martyrs (the original French one) and Takashi Miike's Imprint. They're both extremely well-made, thought I can't exactly say I "enjoyed" them... for some reason, I have a much harder time seeing women get hurt than men.

I like a lot of campy stuff. Some favorites are Thirst, Army of Darkness, Tetsuo: The Iron Man, Tales from the Hood, and Trick 'r Treat.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2017, 6:08 pm

I absolutely love horror flicks! Among my favorites are:

Cthulhu
Re-Animator
From Beyond
Dagon
The Thing (John Carpenter version)
The Hitcher (original)
Nosferatu
The Cabinet Of Dr Caligari (original and remake)
Bubba Ho-Tep
The Shining
The Dark Half
The Wolf Man (original and remake)
Mary Shelly's Frankenstein

I'm sure there are many others.

Amebix
Toucan
Toucan

23 Feb 2017, 8:04 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Cthulhu
Re-Animator
From Beyond
Dagon
The Hitcher (original)
Nosferatu
Bubba Ho-Tep
The Shining
The Dark Half

Bubba Ho-Tep is hilarious.

If you like Nosferatu, you might like Shadow of a Vampire. Also, Werner Herzog did an interesting almost frame-by-frame remake of Nosferatu called Nosferatu the Vampyre in '79... it's not as effective as the original, but it is fascinating seeing an early film brought up to the modern era... parts of the movie come off as almost surreal since it takes from the original film so directly.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2017, 8:36 pm

Amebix wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Cthulhu
Re-Animator
From Beyond
Dagon
The Hitcher (original)
Nosferatu
Bubba Ho-Tep
The Shining
The Dark Half

Bubba Ho-Tep is hilarious.

If you like Nosferatu, you might like Shadow of a Vampire. Also, Werner Herzog did an interesting almost frame-by-frame remake of Nosferatu called Nosferatu the Vampyre in '79... it's not as effective as the original, but it is fascinating seeing an early film brought up to the modern era... parts of the movie come off as almost surreal since it takes from the original film so directly.

I did see Shadow Of The Vampire when it played in the theater. I should have added it to my list.
I've never seen Herzog's remake, though I'd like to.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 5:35 am

Yep, from Slasher to Paranormal, to Monster, I am a fan.

Jason, Freddy, Michael, Leatherface, Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman, Invisible Man, Mummy, etc.

hobofeet
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Mar 2017, 9:23 am

I like a lot of Japanese and Korean Horror. Apparently Audition is getting a western remake, just like the rest of them. I can't imagine how they'll pull that off.

AlanMooresBeard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Mar 2017, 1:11 pm

Horror is one of my favourite genres. Big fan of classics such as Suspiria, The Evil Dead, Hellraiser, Dawn Of The Dead (original), Witchfinder General, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Theatre Of Blood and Let The Right One In. Not been a fan of more recent horror films though I did like Cabin In The Woods and The Babadook. I keep meaning to check out It Follows but haven't get round to it yet.

HelenaPr
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Mar 2017, 11:08 pm

I love horror movies! I think one of my top favorites is John Carpenter's The Thing.
This post reminds me, I have both Audition and Imprint on my list, and forgot to watch them! I'll go and fix that!

dann2118
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Mar 2017, 10:38 am

Love horror. Mostly a fan of foreign horror movies.
Favourite films: Tetsuo The Iron Man, A Tale of Two Sisters, Suspiria, Audition, Ring (1998 Japan version), Ju-On movies, Martyrs, Eraserhead, Begotten, Perfect Blue (if it counts, i consider it), Evil Dead, Exorcist, Psycho, House (1977), Onibaba and The Shining.