Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2017, 2:12 pm

starkid wrote:
Miss_Skitty wrote:
starkid wrote:
Some symptoms can be improved or eliminated with regular exercise and/or a healthier diet.

Improved certainly, but eliminated would probably be too good to be true. I do eat really healthily and exercise lots and find this helps my PMDD symptoms, but not as significantly as I'd like

That may depend on the exercise intensity. No offense, but lots of people have no idea what it means to eat healthy or exercise.

That's a bit like saying you can cure depression without medical intervention if you just eat healthy and exercise. It can help, but it's not a cure for a medical hormone imbalance. We're talking about PMDD here, not just monthly PMS.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2017, 1:11 am

hurtloam wrote:
starkid wrote:
Miss_Skitty wrote:
starkid wrote:
Some symptoms can be improved or eliminated with regular exercise and/or a healthier diet.

Improved certainly, but eliminated would probably be too good to be true. I do eat really healthily and exercise lots and find this helps my PMDD symptoms, but not as significantly as I'd like

That may depend on the exercise intensity. No offense, but lots of people have no idea what it means to eat healthy or exercise.

That's a bit like saying you can cure depression without medical intervention if you just eat healthy and exercise. It can help, but it's not a cure for a medical hormone imbalance. We're talking about PMDD here, not just monthly PMS.

Intense exercise on a regular basis can cease periods. However I don't recommend anyone exercise so much that their periods stop, as the body is under extreme stress at that point. But I do think more women should consider hormone therapy.

Miss_Skitty
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 May 2017, 12:14 pm

starkid wrote:
Miss_Skitty wrote:
starkid wrote:

I agree with you - a lot of people don't know what eating healthily and exercising enough actually entails - but this is certainly not the case with me. If PMDD could be cured solely by eating healthily and upping exercise then it would not be such an issue.

I agree with hurtloam - these are not regular PMS symptoms, they are far, far worse.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2017, 10:20 pm

After two weeks of wanting to tear people apart and get away with it legally I just got my period and now I feel like a steamroller ran over me. :(

I'm supposed to go to my parent's house for Mother's Day tomorrow, but I'm worried I'll be as depressed and cramped and exhausted as I am now and it'll ruin my mom's special day. Ruin everyone's day. I once took those Jasmine pills a few years ago, but I'm terrified of getting cancer or blood clots. Nothing I do works, I'll just be miserable every month. Until I hit the Big M. Then I'll probably be put in the hospital or in jail.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2017, 6:56 am

I used to get the physical symptoms listed in the first post every month. And I never had a regular cycle. The last straw came when I had a period for 80 days. I thought I would exsanguinate because it was pretty heavy. I went to the doctor and was given the Depo Provera injection. I have been on it for years now and no periods, no cycle up and down, no headaches and best of all, no swollen and sore breasts.