Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ChrissandraChrissamba
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2007, 7:21 pm

Yes, unfortunately. Fortunately, I have only been forced to make an appearance at one once in my lifetime.

V3N0M
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jun 2007, 7:50 pm

pep rallies were the most demoralizing events on my campus. I could rant about high school until I'm blue in the face.b

300series
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2017, 1:22 pm

I was just chatting with another member here on Wrong Planet about this very subject.

The school I attended had a lot of pep rallies, and I hated them! They were stupid & embarrassing, and I could never get out of them! I have never been a sports fan, and I would have rather spent my time studying or doing something intelligent. I never had any school spirit or played on the teams, and I did not care if my school's sports teams won or lost; it was not going to have any affect on me at all. They were also really loud & gave me terrible headaches. Also, I speak very softly, and yelling or talking loudly is difficult for me, so no one would even have heard my voice anyway. I just went to pep rallies but not participated, just standing around & not saying a word.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2017, 7:09 pm

I think that was me :D ^^^^^

I hate pep rallies too!

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Keladry
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2017, 8:35 pm

I always liked when we had pep rallies in school. I went to a really small school (about 150 students K-12), so even if all of the highschool was in the gym, it wasn't a very large crowd, so it wasn't overwhelming. But looking back, I don't think I ever realized the purpose of them at the time. It was just something that we were told to go to and got out of class for, but no one ever really explained to me WHY we had them, and I never got caught up in the atmosphere like my classmates, or connected it to "school pride" and/or getting excited for a sports game.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

03 Sep 2017, 7:39 pm

My high-skewl did. Classes were shorter those days & we'd have it rite before skewl would let out. Some of the kids who drove or were riding with people who drove would sneak off & leave for the day when it began. We always had em on Fridays & I liked when we did since the classes were shorter.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 10:55 am

300series wrote:
. . . The school I attended had a lot of pep rallies, and I hated them! They were stupid & embarrassing, and I could never get out of them! . . .

I think it's wrong for the school to make them mandatory.

Some of the time, my school had the policy that you could go to study hall instead of the pep rally. This isn't much of a choice, actually it's kind of a stack-the-deck choice in favor of the pep rally, but at least it's something.

Nekomonster
Toucan
Toucan

09 Sep 2017, 5:14 pm

Yep. I don't feel like I ever get anything out of them; most of the kids use it as an excuse to socialize/get on their phones rather than be "pepped".

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 12:53 pm

Sometimes they have pep rallies at my school, and the school schedule is changed up a bit. But I don't go to the pep rallies because of the noise. :|

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on September 12, 2017)