Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 6:41 pm

does your school ever have pep rallies?

cowlypso
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 May 2007, 7:21 pm

When I was in school, I only went to the ones I was required to go to. I was in the marching band, so we played in the one in the fall. But I always skipped the ones I didn't have to perform in. Just went home early (if they were at the end of the day) or sat in an empty classroom and studied.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 9:18 pm

We had them at my old school. I'd hide in the bathroom and listen to music while reading a book, or drawing. I hated pep rallies.

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 10:51 pm

My school doesn't....thankfully.

Santa_Claus
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 3:09 pm

Pep rallies BLOW! :x

ghostgurl
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 9:30 pm

Yes, it did. I always hated pep rallies. So stupid.

xboxboy247
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 May 2007, 9:22 pm

roygerdodger wrote:
does your school ever have pep rallies?

God, I hate Pep Rallies!

My school sadly requires attendance at all of them for underclassmen and I would rather do anything else. The part is that all school rules are in effect during them which means no Ipod, video games, etc., because they patrol like mad trying to catch us doing something bad.
The worst part is, I get stuck in the front row all the time.

They are so badly produced, cheoreographed, etc. and they are so loud that they give me a headache.

Like discussing Film and Writing?
Go here! http://fwc.eamped.com/

Save The Internet! It's not going to save itself!
http://www.savetheinternet.com/

Space
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 6:55 pm

I hated those in high school. Pointless BS. The only good part is you can skip them and get a free hour.

Ramsus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 May 2007, 7:43 pm

I would always find a way out of school whenever there would be a Pep Rally. I couldn't tolerate all of the noise.. always gave me a massive throbbing migraine.

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2007, 9:11 pm

Yeah, we have pep rallies. If you're at school that day, you have to go. I hate most of it - the people in the stands, the noise, the screechy feedback, the cheerleader routine and football team's speeches - but they have random games for some of our pep rallies. Those aren't too bad, since they usually pull down people who aren't all that athletic (and so aren't obviously stacked) and the games are stupid, but they can be amusing.

Three years!

nocturnalowl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 May 2007, 3:35 am

Nope, never went to them. I wanted to but I felt I couldn't blend in enough to even try.
At least they weren't requirements though. Though I did go to a homecoming rally once.
I felt no spirit whatsoever. But it doesn't mean I have no support my school.

Oh, well.

And, there supposed to look ridiculous, yet creative. There kids, let them have fun. Even if I came out with ideas they might of looked corny also. But hey, they can still be fun.

doordoctor
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2007, 6:37 pm

mine did, i only attended a few only 2 in 9th grade, beucase i went to a half day technical school, i had option to but i found door repairing more entertaining.

i just didnt see the point in getting all "psyced" out or up about the school's sports teams they brag enough about winning and that just smears it in everyones face if the student didnt have any choice but to attend it.

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2007, 6:42 pm

doordoctor wrote:
i just didnt see the point in getting all "psyced" out or up about the school's sports teams they brag enough about winning and that just smears it in everyones face if the student didnt have any choice but to attend it.

Especially if they always lost. Our football team did completely horrible this year (our two star players each broke something, got better, played the only two games we actually won, and then managed to get themselves suspended. We lost every game but two), but they still had those rallies as if we were doing well. It was almost embarrasing. (I think that if I actually cared about my school, it would have been.)

Three years!

Todd489
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2007, 10:48 pm

We had pep rallies, but I always evaded them using by my invisibility powers to sneak out of the school. And by invisibility powers I mean noone really payed attention to me and did not bother to notice I was not present.

Our football team was a joke anyway. They were good football players, but terrible at every other aspect of life. Our "star" quarterback was a wastoid piece of s**t whose biggest non-football achievement in life was getting so drunk that he could crush a beer can on his forehead and not feel anything.

nocturnalowl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 May 2007, 2:31 am

They must be pretty confident for their teams especially if they can't win a game. But it doesn't stop them to believe that their school is better overall not just in athletics. It's just school pride that's all. They probably don't even know why they hate the other schools, or their rivals. Just youthful ignorance, usually innocent.

Usually it's good for the school to be better at academic success overall with students. Not just because they have the best sports teams, or they have the coolest people on campus. That all goes away the second they graduate and it is all over.

SolaCatella
Veteran
Veteran

Location: [insert creative, funny declaration of location here]

28 May 2007, 7:44 am

Hate them. Unfortunately, they're mandatory--so I always sit off as far away from the noise as I can and read through the thing with headphones on. Too bloody loud.