Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

victorytea
Raven
Raven

22 Feb 2017, 1:31 pm

about the birds and bees for an 11yo aspergers boy? He is starting to ask a lot of questions! Paul

Polly
Raven
Raven

22 Feb 2017, 2:17 pm

Sorry victorytea, I can't help you with that one.
I'm pretty sure my 24 and 26yr old sons are still waiting for the talk.
I left it up to there father. :D

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 6:59 pm

If I were you, I would use the "Scientific Method." I would tell them how "babies are made" using the scientific names for the organs themselves. And I would tell them about why people want to make babies with each other.

There are many books out there which could help you in the quest to answer your kid's questions. But I would only use the book as a supplement.

As above, I would convey to your kid the facts.

somanyspoons
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2017, 8:52 am

It's Perfectly Normal. https://www.amazon.com/Its-Perfectly-No ... 0763644846

I very much advocate very frank discussions about sexuality with aspie kids. There is so much subtext that happens with sexuality, and we miss all of that stuff. We need the facts. When we don't get the facts, we are at another disadvantage with our peers. Then we miss out on early dating experiences and end up at even more of a disadvantage. Also, we are more at risk for abuse from peers and from adults. This happens because we just don't pick up on the subtle hints that dominate sexual behavior in our society. It's sad, because many of us would make wonderful partners if we could get beyond the flirting/dating part.

So, good job, Paul! I'm glad you are thinking this way.